Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

Shot Scope V5 2024 Forum Review

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Follow our testers main posts via the links below!

@unccross - Main Post 

@Bohnson - Main Post 

@Irish-Assassin - Main Post 

@RohanVster - Main Post

On 5/30/2024 at 6:01 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

How is everyone finding the battery life?

Although I'm not a tester, I did buy the V5 when it came out to replace my H4. I have about 6 rounds with it now and have found the battery life to be less than they've stated.

Here on my home courses, after about a 5 hr round the battery is anywhere from 55%-65% used. So that's just 1 round per charge. I noticed that in Kingsmill, it seemed to be better using about 45% per round. But it still hasn't been as good as I'd hoped, especially from their stated 2 rounds per charge. Perhaps where I live is just too "remote" and the GPS has to work harder? Who knows, but for now I just charge it after each round and it works just fine.

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour CG
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!!

8 hours ago, Shrek74 said:

Although I'm not a tester, I did buy the V5 when it came out to replace my H4. I have about 6 rounds with it now and have found the battery life to be less than they've stated.

Here on my home courses, after about a 5 hr round the battery is anywhere from 55%-65% used. So that's just 1 round per charge. I noticed that in Kingsmill, it seemed to be better using about 45% per round. But it still hasn't been as good as I'd hoped, especially from their stated 2 rounds per charge. Perhaps where I live is just too "remote" and the GPS has to work harder? Who knows, but for now I just charge it after each round and it works just fine.

Morning @Shrek74, I have the same situation. The two rounds I played on Bankenveld seams to have hit the battery way harder than the one on Middelburg CC, also worth mentioning, the two courses is just like 25Km from each other. I was also thinking the GPS might be working harder on some courses than others, might be because of the insane solar weather we are getting of lately, this has an impact on GPS systems...not saying this is the reason the battery doesn't last that long but might be. 🤓 🖖🏽

Driver:callaway-small: Rogue ST MAX LS Driver

3 Hybrid:callaway-small:APEX'21 3H

5 Wood : :callaway-small:Rogue ST MAX LS

Irons:callaway-small: APEX'21  5-PW Irons

Wedges:callaway-small: JAWS 56 

Putter :  :odyssey-small:2-ball 

Balls:callaway-small:Callaway Chrome Soft OR :srixon-small: AD 333

Completed testsShot Scope V5

Watch charged up to 100% and I'm ready to face the cold and play some golf. Playing a mashie course today, want to check the accuracy on the "smaller" or not so popular courses. Will keep you all posted, will be using the manual putting mode again, found on auto you need to edit so much more putts. 

Hopefully no thin shots today🥶🥶🥶

I’ve found the battery lasting less lately. Played on Wednesday with it full charged and by the end of the round it was at 13%. Admittedly it was a long round 5.5 hours but normally does better than that

Driver: IMG_5084.png.5fbbd783dcc8d621f65db4e523c4867a.png G430 Max

Fairway: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg LTDx Max 3 wood

Hybrid: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg King Tec 3 hybrid

Irons: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg Forged Tec 4-PW + GW

Wedges: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Jaws 56

IMG_5733.jpeg.1e4058deebcd18f2f88ac5dcaa6c8149.jpegSM9 52

Putter: IMG_5308.webp.c1f0b99088f53de60d3349e71f9c2844.webp Mallet

Ball: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Chrome Soft

5 hours ago, Northern Monkey said:

I’ve found the battery lasting less lately. Played on Wednesday with it full charged and by the end of the round it was at 13%. Admittedly it was a long round 5.5 hours but normally does better than that

I've not ran into that issue yet.  My battery has been over 50% after each round. The other day I played and wore the watch for a few hours afterwards and still had 50% battery.

Jnr

Posted (edited)

Anyone have the issue that certain clubs do not show up as "active" on the shotscope website? A little odd. I went to the website to see if I could find some support and I did not see anything. It is like they are there, but they are not there. You can see when I toggle to "active clubs only" I am missing 5i, 7i, 8i. 

Screenshot 2024-06-07 150943.png

active clubs.png

tags.png

Edited by Bohnson

Brandon Johnson, MBA
COO / Co-founder North American Golf Tour 

www.northamericangolftour.com

e: bjohnson@northamericangolftour.com

WITB: 

• D - Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 3w- Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • PW, GW, SW, LW Cleveland rtx 
  • true temper shafts in all of my irons 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

On 6/7/2024 at 3:16 PM, Bohnson said:

Anyone have the issue that certain clubs do not show up as "active" on the shotscope website? A little odd. I went to the website to see if I could find some support and I did not see anything. It is like they are there, but they are not there. You can see when I toggle to "active clubs only" I am missing 5i, 7i, 8i. 

active clubs.png

tags.png

Is it possible that you have not used these clubs yet? If you did use them, were all of the shots flagged as “positional”? If neither of these cases are true, then yes, this is odd. 

On 6/7/2024 at 3:16 PM, Bohnson said:

active clubs.png

tags.png

I haven’t, but I am having several issues with the app on the phone now.  Last round it uploaded as 2 rounds and now I am unable to edit at all in the iPhone app. The app just shuts down. I’m going to try to delete the app and reinstall it and see if that helps. 

Jnr

3 hours ago, unccross said:

I haven’t, but I am having several issues with the app on the phone now.  Last round it uploaded as 2 rounds and now I am unable to edit at all in the iPhone app. The app just shuts down. I’m going to try to delete the app and reinstall it and see if that helps. 

I had to delete the app and reinstall one time. Worked well after that. I might do the same! 

Brandon Johnson, MBA

WITB: 

• 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

5 hours ago, unccross said:

I have never figured out how to do much editing in the app. And what I have figured out is quite laborious compared to doing it on my laptop on the website.

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Velocore+ Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Pro X3+

8 hours ago, Preeway said:

I have never figured out how to do much editing in the app. And what I have figured out is quite laborious compared to doing it on my laptop on the website.

Laptop is the way to go! Phone was a challenge. 

Brandon Johnson, MBA

WITB: 

• 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

I have a lot of rounds in now with the watch. Factoring in the lower entry cost and no subscription this has to be the best bang for your buck for a pure golf watch. There are some hiccups but the stats are legit (takes time after the rounds to correct everything). 

I have the Garmin S70 without the tags and subscription. The s70 is more than a golf watch. It’s a high end golf watch with smart watch features. You have to pay a subscription and for the tags to make it the fully functional golf watch. 

if someone just wants a golf watch, for the price it’s probably tough to say Shotscope isn’t an excellent choice. 

Brandon Johnson, MBA

WITB: 

• 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

Had a decent round on Friday on the mashie course and the numbers was quite accurate compared to Garmin. I thought I will give the Auto putting mode one more chance and unfortunately, I will not be using auto putting mode again, the editing of putts after a round is just too much. Will rather go back to manual putting mode again.  From the data I know I should focus on my short game and putting, have a game on Friday again so will roll some putts at night after work just the get those stats better.

cap1.JPG.dfdc69a05c2aa75a1bd568f216c858e4.JPG

21 hours ago, Bohnson said:

I have a lot of rounds in now with the watch. Factoring in the lower entry cost and no subscription this has to be the best bang for your buck for a pure golf watch. There are some hiccups but the stats are legit (takes time after the rounds to correct everything). 

I have the Garmin S70 without the tags and subscription. The s70 is more than a golf watch. It’s a high end golf watch with smart watch features. You have to pay a subscription and for the tags to make it the fully functional golf watch. 

if someone just wants a golf watch, for the price it’s probably tough to say Shotscope isn’t an excellent choice. 

100 % agree with you on this @Bohnson

This is great to start tracking your tee shots and dispersion tendencies. Especially helpful!

image.png.f3248cbb2f09bfdd8f25cd68c7804e76.png

Brandon Johnson, MBA

WITB: 

• 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

Crazy few weeks, had my warehouse move, youth baseball starting, strep running rapid through the house, broken car windshield and emergency vet trip! Golf and everything about golf had been put on the back burner for the last couple weeks!  Thankfully we are heading on vacation Saturday, and I am going to play a couple rounds at Charleston Municipal Golf Course.  

I'm getting ready to mess with the my strategy for the first time.  Any pointers in how you all have used it?

aaaaaaaaa.png.84d03cdbb6cfd1d2df31647bcd26015d.png

Jnr

7 hours ago, unccross said:

Crazy few weeks, had my warehouse move, youth baseball starting, strep running rapid through the house, broken car windshield and emergency vet trip! Golf and everything about golf had been put on the back burner for the last couple weeks!  Thankfully we are heading on vacation Saturday, and I am going to play a couple rounds at Charleston Municipal Golf Course.  

I'm getting ready to mess with the my strategy for the first time.  Any pointers in how you all have used it?

Hi @unccross, I have used it a bit and it's actually very nice. I made notes where to miss on certain holes and more or less check what line I should aim at. I'm going to make one for the course I'm playing this Friday as well, just haven't figured out yet how to use the shotscope distances in the MyStrategy tab because under the P-Avg tab it only shows me driver, 8i and 9i. Will let you know when I figured it out 

7 hours ago, unccross said:

It is nice to map your tee shots. That is all I have really used it for. Even having it for your home course from multiple sets of tees. For instance when you tee it forward you might not hit the same club or vice versa you move it back. Just want to look at the hazards and how narrow the landing area gets. 

Brandon Johnson, MBA

WITB: 

• 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

Share you medals Tuesday fellow testers and Shot Scope V5 users @Bohnson @Irish-Assassin @unccross @Northern Monkey @Shrek74

cap2.JPG.e8c98f701d7597531709abdcad1ba5e5.JPG

After playing poorly Shotscope says it all haha work on everything, but putting is the priority. One of those days where missing putts inside of 5 feet made me get too aggressive everywhere else. 

image.png.f2ce1cd646446d93b7cb82b0f3da3bd7.png

Brandon Johnson, MBA

WITB: 

• 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

1 minute ago, RohanVster said:

Share you medals Tuesday fellow testers and Shot Scope V5 users @Bohnson @Irish-Assassin @unccross @Northern Monkey @Shrek74

image.png.9ffeb3652d92b4e48f6d693811a389d9.png

Brandon Johnson, MBA

WITB: 

• 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

2 minutes ago, Bohnson said:

After playing poorly Shotscope says it all haha work on everything, but putting is the priority. One of those days where missing putts inside of 5 feet made me get too aggressive everywhere else. 

image.png.f2ce1cd646446d93b7cb82b0f3da3bd7.png

Unlucky mate, yeah that's golf for you. Some days I really struggle to get my focus back after a few bad shots...was thinking of putting a Doterra essential oil in my pocket and when it feels like I'm loosing my marbles, to just take a whiff of it and see if it helps.

8 minutes ago, RohanVster said:

Unlucky mate, yeah that's golf for you. Some days I really struggle to get my focus back after a few bad shots...was thinking of putting a Doterra essential oil in my pocket and when it feels like I'm loosing my marbles, to just take a whiff of it and see if it helps.

Maybe I just need to travel to South Africa to unlock another world medal?! Change of scenery might help the game. Hopefully my last round was just one bad day!  

Edited by Bohnson

Brandon Johnson, MBA

WITB: 

• 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

2 minutes ago, Bohnson said:

Maybe I just need to travel to South Africa to unlock another world medal?! Change of scenery might help the game. Hopefully my last round was just one bad day!  

You should maybe do that, there's some really nice courses this side of the world, winter time here right now so maybe you should plan your trip for the summer, would be great if we could play a round together when you are this side👏🏽🏌🏽‍♂️

Share you medals Tuesday fellow testers and Shot Scope V5 users [mention=94415]Bohnson[/mention] [mention=123102]Irish-Assassin[/mention] [mention=130302]unccross[/mention] [mention=100861]Northern Monkey[/mention] [mention=113024]Shrek74[/mention]
2023 and 2024. 1 World medal not shown.8712353cae250741e65591cccd54a1d1.jpgef150f1bd6730853911ba18bff26b13e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour CG
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!!

It's amazing how a phone screen break can screw up so many things. So i-phone crack screen sent back to get fixed, could only transfer my number on to older android and start loading everything ( PAIN )  big thanks to APH for figuring out why this android wouldn't let me log on.

So played yesterday and foi d new things I enjoyed.Screenshot_20240612-154552_ShotScope.jpg.832e33f30688ab46c5bff991c0d0d6fd.jpgScreenshot_20240612-154530_ShotScope.jpg.b529ec6ac81726fce70ec33c3f539a95.jpg

The golf Analysis feature I love. Just love the Shot Scope V5 for all the golf data.

But, yes, there's always a but. I had the same issues I had last time  I played, missed clubs during round, missed chips during round, had to edit again which is slightly frustrating after every round .

Playing We-Ko-Pa golf course AZ tomorrow so let see if we can play a round without edits, I'm going to make sure every club appears in the clock face. 

Edited by Irish-Assassin

Titleist TRS Driver, Titleist TSR 3 Wood, Titleist TRS 2 Hybrid, Titleist T300 irons, Vokey SM9 wedges 56 - 60, Scotty Cameron putter. 

Medals, the good thing about the last round I played I had to delete the round due to edits not editing as there was so many shots the app missed and this time although editing needed I could actually save, send data and medals loaded. 

Screenshot_20240613-152112_ShotScope.jpg.088f4b82683fa952fb2658aee773c6aa.jpgScreenshot_20240613-152107_ShotScope.jpg.f08b0e2b5525737a296d71ed587a1cc8.jpg

Titleist TRS Driver, Titleist TSR 3 Wood, Titleist TRS 2 Hybrid, Titleist T300 irons, Vokey SM9 wedges 56 - 60, Scotty Cameron putter. 

I have had better success with editing the rounds afterward. A learning curve for new shotscope users. 

Brandon Johnson, MBA

WITB: 

• 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

So I planned to play yesterday, couldn't play because a spider bit just above my left eye brow and my whole left side of my face is like a balloon. Currently I'm booked of but will try and get in a round on Monday. Will keep you all posted