Testers Wanted! Volvik Golf Balls ×

Getting back into golf and now I have gapping issues

Hi all, I've taken almost a 3 year hiatus from all things golf due to personal reasons and am just now picking it back up a little bit. I've mostly done range sessions to get my swing back and try to see yardages. I havent even played a round yet as I was so confused by my club yardages so I went to an xgolf sim today and I've somehow gained significant yardage on my irons and driver. Now I have no issue with this except it doesnt seem to translate to my wedges so now I have a ridiculous gap between my 50 degree and my PW. I didnt get to distance all my clubs but it does look like this is roughly my new gapping in my bag: My initial thought is that this is due to using GI irons and maybe I need to bend some to fix this!? Or get some Players distance Irons perhaps?

The other issue I have is my Driver swing path is consistently negative by about 10 degrees. I'm curious if its worth fixing this given my distance and that the fade isnt that bad? I guess I'm marginally concerned about how much yardage I am missing out on by not converting the fade into a draw? Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Re the attached you can see the final 3 driver shots where I really put it all together. The 7iron image was my warm up ramping from about 70% to a full swing.

Driver: 275
3W: 235
3H: 215

4i: 215
5i: 205
6i: 195
7i: 185
8i: 175
9i: 165
PW: 155
50 degree: 125
54: 115
58: 105 

PXL_20240430_140321710.MP.jpg

PXL_20240430_150304816.MP.jpg

Edited by bardle
Forgot 4i

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

Posted (edited)

Hi there,

For the gap between your 50 degree and PW, adjusting your wedge lofts could help. As for your driver swing path, if the fade isn't causing much trouble, it might not be urgent to change. Focus on what works best for your game

Edited by pauljhonson614
On 4/30/2024 at 12:32 PM, bardle said:

Hi all, I've taken almost a 3 year hiatus from all things golf due to personal reasons and am just now picking it back up a little bit. I've mostly done range sessions to get my swing back and try to see yardages. I havent even played a round yet as I was so confused by my club yardages so I went to an xgolf sim today and I've somehow gained significant yardage on my irons and driver. Now I have no issue with this except it doesnt seem to translate to my wedges so now I have a ridiculous gap between my 50 degree and my PW. I didnt get to distance all my clubs but it does look like this is roughly my new gapping in my bag: My initial thought is that this is due to using GI irons and maybe I need to bend some to fix this!? Or get some Players distance Irons perhaps?

The other issue I have is my Driver swing path is consistently negative by about 10 degrees. I'm curious if its worth fixing this given my distance and that the fade isnt that bad? I guess I'm marginally concerned about how much yardage I am missing out on by not converting the fade into a draw? Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Re the attached you can see the final 3 driver shots where I really put it all together. The 7iron image was my warm up ramping from about 70% to a full swing.

Driver: 275
3W: 235
3H: 215

4i: 215
5i: 205
6i: 195
7i: 185
8i: 175
9i: 165
PW: 155
50 degree: 125
54: 115
58: 105 

Same clubs you previously played or new clubs?   Set or specialty wedges?  The gap is large and might just need a new club to fill the gap.  Could drop 3h or 4i since they go the same distance. 

10 degrees is excessive and I personally would work to reduce.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

is the 50 part of your iron set or does it have a different shaft? is the length a lot different than your PW? I found this happening when I got a 50 degree that matched my wedges; I went back to the one that was in my set and distance gaps were much better. Perhaps reshaft if you plan to use it as a full swing club majority of the time?

big gap between your 3w and driver too... 

but you buried the lede - how are you a 22 hc with those distances ???

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS 9.5
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- Titleist 718 AP2 (6i-50*)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Axis1 TourHM
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024: