Taylormade MG4

TK2HOUSE

Just got fitted for wedges today. Always been a vokey guy and just got floored by the quality and feel of the MG4's and they beat out the vokeys for me relating to the stats/results. First time outside of Titleist and really happy about it. Right amount of spin and very tight dispersion. I went in with them being number 5 on my list but they were a pretty clear winner. Anyone have experience using them over a season or so? I hear they rust quite a bit and the grooves can wreak havoc on your golf balls. Thoughts?

Telling my wife to buy quality things over the years has paid off for my golf bag. 

I have a MG3 56° TW grind.  I was hoping it would be like the Tour Preferred model from years back, but I don’t like it.  I do see they changed the finish on the MG4, which is what I didn’t like on the 3.  

Interested on hearing your feedback on them, I much prefer the shape of the TM wedges, but don’t like how they feel. I was a Vokey hold out for years, because how could the most used wedge on your work for me?  

What about them over the Bob’s did you like?  Aside from quality and feel?  Performance wise beat them out as well?  Touch shots, etc?

Break it down for me, which other wedges did you try?

Edited by Shankster
I swear I can spell…

I put a MG3 60 in my bag this year and I was mostly a Vokey guy.  I like it, but I don’t like the raw face.  I was able to keep it rust free for most of the Summer, but after playing a week in the UK where it rained consistently, it was hopeless.  It rusted and it not something to easily clean off if it’s starts rusting like crazy there.  I do like the spin and the tight dispersion and it plays well on all kinds of partial wedge shots.

So I am torn.  If they made one without a raw face, I would probably buy another one when this wears out.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3  9.0  Autoflex 405x - Official Tester 2024

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  4 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged (Japan) 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Champions Choice Newport 2+ Button Back - 35”  /  Pistolini Plus

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current Club Sensor User

Performance was better on the stats but only a little compared to vokey. Tried the rtx6 and Opus - both were too light. Distance was a couple yards more for the vokey but dispersion was a little more spread out and again, spin was lower. Rust doesn't bother me at all, just curious what to expect. Vokeys are great, don't get me wrong but I just liked the feel of the MG4's with my swing better. It is a similar weight to my old vokeys from 2009/2010 so it feels more comfortable where the newer vokeys are heavier. 

Telling my wife to buy quality things over the years has paid off for my golf bag.