Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

New Krank Driver

hckymeyer

• 2 weeks later...

Can get a Krank F6 head only for $349 if pre-ordered before, I forgot, expected arrival to them 2/12/15. Hmmm..

And the dryer is going out, what to do, what to do? Who needs dry clothes in the middle of winter in Michigan?

You might want to go back to our threads from 2 years ago when the pre-sale for Element/F5 was happening and when/if people actually got what they ordered before you make that decision!

Not a fan of Krank's sales tactics. Cell phone calls at 11:00 pm belligerent requests for credit card numbers without disclosing the final price.

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

You might want to go back to our threads from 2 years ago when the pre-sale for Element/F5 was happening and when/if people actually got what they ordered before you make that decision!

Actually I lived it, I don't think I was in the "pre-sale" group, I was in the "post-pre-sale" group, I got it about 4 weeks after the promised date.

I am not buying now, need to figure out a lot of stuff about what would work best for me in a driver, and there is no way to demo any Krank stuff in sunny Michigan. 

But thanks for the heads up.

Respectfully,
DHUCK WHOOKER

Not a fan of Krank's sales tactics. Cell phone calls at 11:00 pm belligerent requests for credit card numbers without disclosing the final price.

Sounds like they get tipsy and start calling! Boiler Room style

**May the fade be with you**

Driver - :taylormade-small:  SLDR 9.5 Paderson KINETIXx IMRT Green Stiff / 255 cpm
Fairway Wood - :titelist-small:  910F 3 wood
Hybrids - :callaway-small:  Big Bertha Diablo 21deg
Irons - :titelist-small:  710 AP2 4-PW Standard Lie/Flex
Wedges - :taylormade-small:  XFT 50, 54, 60
Putter - :cameron-small:  California Monterey
Ball - :wilson_staff_small:  FG Tour

Sounds like they get tipsy and start calling! Boiler Room style

Lol

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

I was offfered the new head for $239.  I had a Formula 5/Element.  Longest driver I have personally ever hit, but I had trouble finding Fairways.  Ended up selling it and gaming the SLDR.  I just recently put the R15 in my bag, but I ordered the head anyways.  I had an aldila Phenom NL at the house and figured I would see what it would do in the new Krank. 

Driver:         Taylormade SIM 8^  Shaft: Evolution III 6X

3 Wood:      Titleist  TSi3 13.5^   Shaft:  Project X Smoke Black RDX 6.5

2 Hybrid:     Callaway Mavrik Pro  Shaft: Project X EvenFlow Black 85X

3/5 Hybrid: Titleist 816 H2            Shaft: Mitsubishi Diamana Whiteboard 85X

Irons:           Taylormade P790      Shaft: UST Recoil 110 S (6-PW)

50 Degree: Taylormade P770       Shaft: UST Recoil 110 S

55/60:        Cleveland RTX Zipcore    Shaft: DG Spinner Tour Issue

Putter:        Bettinardi MK Armlock

Unless you live in Europe/Asia/Africa, I guarantee this didn't happen, at least not in the last 10 months.  

Prior to that, its unlikely, but i can't make the guarantee.  =-)

It was right after last year's MWD test. I was looking for a 3 wood and wanted a quote on my specs. "No quote without a cc #". I said "pass."

It was right after last year's MWD test. I was looking for a 3 wood and wanted a quote on my specs. "No quote without a cc #". I said "pass."

That's terrible.   What is that?  You could call for a price on a house and not get asked for a credit card number.

You showed some class there, they deserved a "stick it up your ...".

Respectfully,
DHUCK WHOOKER

And the icing on the cake, today, at the dreaded dome of doom, I discovered a crack in the Krank Formula 5 I have owned since June 2013, on the sole around the adjustable weight, like a halo around the moon.   Sorry I have no picture to share.

The search for a new driver begins.....however, not at Krank.

Respectfully,
DHUCK WHOOKER

Thanks for posting! I wish it was included in the test too. Bummer.

I know me you both my man. I need a new set of Vokey wedges i all seriousness.

Ping K15 10.5° Regular TFC

Maxfli 3 Wood 15° Regular Series 76 tip stiff

Adams A12OS 19° 3 Hybrid Pro Launch Blue Regular

Wilson Staff C-100 4-GW Aldila RIP Phenom xi75 Regular

TMag ATV 54° & 58° Wedges KBS wedge flex

YES Callie-12 C-Groove milled, 35" Winn Jumbo Light grip

• 1 month later...

And the icing on the cake, today, at the dreaded dome of doom, I discovered a crack in the Krank Formula 5 I have owned since June 2013, on the sole around the adjustable weight, like a halo around the moon.   Sorry I have no picture to share.

The search for a new driver begins.....however, not at Krank.

You aren't the first one to get a crack around the weights. Most of the complaints I read are from that exact area.

I am certain everyone got their clubs and IF any issues were at hand we took care of them. We are always a phone call a way as well if any one wants answers. The New F6 is shipping and has been shipping since March 3rd. Pre orders for the clubs are shipped out in order of date as well. 

The F5 heads did have welds around the weight ports that cracked when hit off tor or heel of face. Caused too much vibration as we are Forged and not cast as other companies are. We have since took them off the F6 line and this head is amazing! 

Vince Rivera

[email protected]

480-699-5041

• SPY VIP

Vinny,

Interesting you mention that you forge and not cast your drivers.  The casting process in drivers is opposite of that from irons, it is more expensive and has less issues like you are seeing around your weights.  

Forged in drivers is NOT an advantage for the golfer.  It is the cheaper way to make a driver design.  

I am certain everyone got their clubs and IF any issues were at hand we took care of them. We are always a phone call a way as well if any one wants answers. The New F6 is shipping and has been shipping since March 3rd. Pre orders for the clubs are shipped out in order of date as well. 

The F5 heads did have welds around the weight ports that cracked when hit off tor or heel of face. Caused too much vibration as we are Forged and not cast as other companies are. We have since took them off the F6 line and this head is amazing! 

#TruthDigest

Hey Brotha, good to see site getting out there. I have lots of guys who order that are on here. Keep kicking butt man....

For our heat treating method, rockwell hardness, and CT performance Forged is the only way to get this. When you do and get more out of our heads as we do, its about same cost for models as cast heads are. 

Vince Rivera

[email protected]

480-699-5041

Interesting and its great that Krank would weigh in.  I don't know how I missed this thread earlier.  I have seen a Krank driver up close and personal because several long drive guys practice at the range that I practice at.  These are Krank guys.

I've never hit a Krank but if it helps I have a positive image of the brand.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Trevor Consavage (sp?) is the guy that would practice at my facility.  Haven't seen him in a while though.  I hope all is well with him.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

He's a great guy - he's even indulged me by bombing some long drives while he was trying to work on "real" golf.  Of course that caused some consternation for golfers out on the course - we saw a white flag go up on a green that we scoped at 380 away one time he was doing that.  He was hitting range balls into a light breeze. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

• SPY VIP

Prices are not the same.  Is the Krank driver a 4-piece forging?  What type of heat treatment?  What is your rockwell hardness compared to other brands that are cast and forged?  

Hey Brotha, good to see site getting out there. I have lots of guys who order that are on here. Keep kicking butt man....

For our heat treating method, rockwell hardness, and CT performance Forged is the only way to get this. When you do and get more out of our heads as we do, its about same cost for models as cast heads are. 

#TruthDigest

Prices are not the same.  Is the Krank driver a 4-piece forging?  What type of heat treatment?  What is your rockwell hardness compared to other brands that are cast and forged?  

Though I would love to put that out here, I am unable to at this time. 

You might not be able to comment on the Formula 6 but this is right off the website. 

4 cast.png

I've never hit a Krank in my life, but want to. That's why I got a Form 6. Just waiting on it to clear customs :)

Archived