Testers Wanted! Takomo Long Game Clubs ×

Sign up Closed: 2023 Forum Member Test: The Edison Challenge featuring Edison 2.0 Wedges

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
1,609 signups
Equipment Type: Wedges
Vendor: Edison

The Edison Challenge: Featuring Edison 2.0 Wedges

Our picks for Most Wanted Wedges were just released and it just so happens we have one of the contestants in line for member testing!  We are very excited to be looking for four testers to test, review, compare and keep two Edison 2.0 wedges. 

Edison makes some bold claims with their Edison 2.0 wedge, claiming the “Koehler Sole” is the most versatile sole in the category offering a “high bounce angle in the front of the sole with a low bounce angle on the rear portion.”  They also claim to be forgiving and better suited to the amateur golfer.  “Instead of catering to the needs of tour pros, the EDISON 2.0 wedges were designed around the way you play the game. They have the most efficient distribution of clubhead mass in the category to deliver unmatched distance control and forgiveness for any level golfer – with added spin and more penetrating trajectories a likely bonus.”

Bottom line: Edison feels their wedges “deliver more forgiveness, improved distance control and enhanced spin, all without compromising precision, feel, or versatility.” 

We want you to put these claims to the test to let us know how these wedges not only perform over the testing period but also how they perform against your current wedges.  The Edison 2.0 wedges are offered in lofts from 45 to 60 degrees with the option to have the lie angle adjusted to best fit your swing. Edison offers two premium shafts as stock options, KBS Tour steel shafts (110R and 120S) and KBS PGI graphite shafts (70,80, and 90). The Lamkin Crossline in standard or midsize is their stock grip.

image.png

image.png image.png

***Want to take part in the Edison Challenge!? Great!  Head over the Wedgefit Tool and fill out the form.  Post your results in the comments section below and let us know about your 2-wedge setup!***

image.png

Also of note, test is being brought to us via some help from our very own @Josh Ross who recently took a role with Edison!  He's offered to help answer any questions you may have during the application process, and will be helping to organize the challenges with us after testers are selected! 

We are looking for 4 testers to test out the Edison 2.0 wedges! 

This test is open to US Residents and is Right-Hand Only.  

Selected testers will be fit using Edison's Wedgefit form online and will be testing 2 wedges each.

New to the Forum? Interested in how we select our testers and want to increase your opportunity at being selected in this or future tests? READ MORE HERE!

181 Comments

I currently have a cobra 60 degree, and a very old nicklaus 62 degree wedge. I would love the opportunity to test out a matching set so that I can get a similar feel and some consistency around the greens 

Edison feels their wedges “deliver more forgiveness, improved distance control and enhanced spin, all without compromising precision, feel, or versatility.” 

That is a big claim, verify please.

I started with Terry Koehler's Scor wedges 15 years ago and have used Edison 1.0 wedges. When I shopped for new ones last spring, I wanted a slightly different look and settled on my current gamers, PXG 0311 3X forged, which I do like. That being said, I am likely back in the market soonish, so would love to try them again given the 'new and improved' claims.
Thanks to both MGS and Edison for the opportunity. Good luck to all!

This Test is now closed to further comments.