Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
1,272 signups
Equipment Type: Golf Balls
Vendor: OnCore

Testers Wanted! Two dozen OnCore Golf balls.

OnCore Golf balls have proprietary materials expertise applied in unique and patented product designs delivering exceptional performance. World-renowned engineering and design team members led by John Calabria who has been behind many of the most successful golf balls ever commercialized.

image.png

OnCore Golf provides premium high performance golf balls for all skill levels using cutting edge golf technology, allowing us to be the first to offer a series of perimeter weighted golf ball designs. We are also proud pioneers of our top rated ELIXR, AVANT 55, VERO X2 and VERO X1 golf balls.

TESTERS ANNOUNCED!

___________________________________________________________________________________

New to the Forum? Interested in how we select our testers and want to increase your opportunity at being selected in this or future tests? READ MORE HERE!

____________________________________________________________________________________

Want more information about OnCore and the different Golf Balls provided for testing? Here is a deeper dive!

VERO X1 and X2 ball info:

OnCore’s premium golf ball line up consists of the Vero X1 and Vero X2.  As mentioned above all OnCore golf balls make use of perimeter weighting to increase the balls moment of inertia (MOI).  If MOI is new to you the best way to think about it is the amount of energy require to put an object into a motion.  If an object has a high MoI it is difficult for that object to start moving.  In golf balls this is a very good thing as a higher MOI requires more energy to start the golf ball spinning.  This translates to lower back spin and side spin which also translates to longer shots with more control.  Another benefit of higher MOI is once the ball is spinning it takes longer for the ball to stop spinning.  This translates into longer aerodynamic flight (because the ball still has enough spin at apogee to remain aerodynamic), a lower descent angle post apogee and longer rolls.   

- The Vero X1 uses a low to mid compression polybutadiene core with a very high CoR.  We’ve pulled as much weight as possible out of the core and shifted it to the mantle layer.  This reduces the filler in the core making the core much faster and it moves weight to the perimeter increasing the balls MoI and reducing its spin. The mantle layer is made up of a highly rigid ionomer compound that is filled with an extremely dense metal.  This metal mantle is stiffer, denser and more resilient than the competition due to the metal infusion AND it facilitates a higher MoI for the golf ball.  There is a nano layer between the mantle and the cover designed to dramatically increase adhesion between the two materials which insures better performance for all shots.  The cover is a cast urethane that is 0.025” thick.  The 0.025” cover thickness is very thin which helps us reduce spin off the tee and long irons more than our competition that use thicker cover layers yet the cover is thick enough to give all the control you want around the green.  The aerodynamic package is a 318 dimple pattern that flies with a relatively high flight but has outstanding wind resistance.  With our high MOI product and our aerodynamics our balls simply do NOT get knocked around in the wind.  The final ball’s compression is in the mid to high 80s with a nice feel from tee to green.  All of our balls are made to conform but we conform to the upper limits on ball IV to insure maximum distance.

- The Vero X2 construction is similar to the Vero X1 except it utilizes a higher compression core.  In testing with pros we found a lot of players wanted and needed a higher compression ball to get the most out of their very high swing speed.  All of the features of the Vero X1 are present in the X2 but with a higher overall ball compression.  The Vero X2 compression is in the low to mid 90s.

66 Comments

This should be a great test. I’ve played the x1 in the past and was interested in the x2 but didn’t want to foot $50 for a DTC ball with limited reviews. I heard it is left dash like. Can’t wait to find out what the testers think. 

VERO X2, please.

Very interesting from reading the links provided by the MGS about this new golf ball ( to me ).  Thank you for providing an opportunity to do a field test.  The listing price is very affordable if the golf ball could measure up against some of the premium golf balls.  Before having a chance to test it out, the Kirkland Signature would have been the main competitor.

I used to try out every new golf balls on the market , however, the golf balls are getting like the drivers releasing new ones too frequent and most of them without any meaningful changes from the previous ones.  This will be the new edition to me since the pandemics.

As a Titleist Pro V1X Left Dash user, I have never really looked at OnCore as a ball option because they didn’t have a ball with the same compression and low spin characteristics to do an adequate comparison versus the ball I’m playing.

I know I like the Left Dash more than the Bridgestone Tour B 330 XS I used to play and OnCore’s Vero X1 was too close to that profile.

Now with the Vero X2 as an option I’d be happy to cross-compare directly to Left Dash, even if they aren’t 100% the same profile as it’s close enough to make a quality comparison in my mind. Unfortunately, the price is fairly similar and that may already be strike 1. Vero X2 would have to perform 90% as well as Left Dash (as compared to 75% if it had the same price tag as Vero X1).

Thanks  OnCore for providing the opportunity. Curious to see the results! Interesting that there is a price difference between the x2 and x1. I went with the x2 because it has the highest swing speed profile and it is the lowest launch. You can do a ball fitting test on their website and get a $10 off coupon. Might try the ball if I do not get in the test! 

Would love to compare to Pro V1 and Bridgestone X and XS. I’ve played Elixir’s before and thought they were ok. I know @mygolfspy2 just did a test here recently and saw some major inconsistencies which is concerning but I’d love to evaluate myself. 

I'll be completely honest, as always, in response to this test. I could enter in hopes of being selected and receive 2 dozen but I don't need to. I've been playing the Vero X1 for over a year now and these are just incredible golf balls. Before the Vero X1 I played the Elixr and although they were reasonably priced there was just something I didn't care for. The Vero X2 is meant for someone with a higher swing speed and I'm not going to kid myself and waste time and money trying to puff up my ego when I have a moderate swing to fast swing speed. So, I've been using the Vero X1 and I'm completely happy. The bottom line is others who have not had the pleasure of playing these balls will be greatly impressed. Good luck to all testers.

Good amount of testers! Excited to hear about the durability and consistency of each ball. I somewhat worry about quality control when it comes to the smaller manufacturers, but I'd be interested in testing the Elixr since I'm both too cheap and lose too many balls.

I play twice a week, with a 12 handicap.  I have been using Bridgestone and Srixon for the past 5 years.  I would like to test and evaluate an OnCore Ball that has a soft feel for pitches and chips around the green.

Good luck to all who enter.  I have tried OnCore in the past, and felt they were pretty good balls.  I am looking forward to your reviews, especially in comparison to what you  normally use.

I’ve been playing Elixr or Maxfli Tour for the last two years. I played Elixr prior generation today in an MGA tournament at my club. I’d love to have a true prior vs current generation Elixr comparison. 

I'm in for this. Picked up an elixir green a couple weeks ago and had it on my kitchen table. Grabbed it with a handful of Vice Pro Plus today and the elixir beat up the vice ball h2h. I want to see more of the ball flight on less than perfect strikes but the couple/few smacks I put on one today were promising.

18 hours ago, IndyBonzo said:

Having first learned of OnCore here at MGS, I have plans to test the Vero X1 against the Pro V1 and ChromeSoft myself next week on the course.  The Vero X1 gave some hot numbers in the simulator.  This should be a fascinating test to follow.  

Thanks already for the thorough background info @GolfSpy_APH.

I went and did their fitting online at their website. They had some pretty interesting stats, comparing the Vero X1 (the ball it fit me for) to the ProV1. If it can do everything they say, the price is right, take my $$$. 

I typically play Pro V1, but after t reading about Max Fli balls I was thinking of getting some of those and doing a test of my own. After reading about the OnCore balls I would be very interested in trying those as well. 

I got to test Maxfli's in 2021, and it was interesting to try different styles. I would love to try these out as well. 

It is always great to see how companies value MGS evaluations and will offer equipment to test.  I would like to test the Oncore ball and see how they perform.

I've tried the X1's before and loved them. Would be very interested to try a higher compression ball from them (signing up for the X2)!

This Test is now closed to further comments.