Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
2,451 signups
Equipment Type: Full Bag
Vendor: Cobra

Cobra Golf and MyGolfSpy Proudly Presents:

The Cobra Golf 50th Anniversary Member Special!

Cobra-50th-Logo.ai.jpg

In honor of Cobra Golf's 50th Anniversary the MyGolfSpy forum team is proud present a Member Special unlike any other!

We are looking for 6 (yes, six) testers to provide full bag (14 clubs, plus the bag!) reviews over the course of a six week team based competition.

SS23_Ecom_Clubs_AJ_PLP_1_880x600px_Hero_Family-min_1000x.webp 

SS23_KING-Irons_PLP_Section6-mobile-880x880-min_600x.jpgSS23_KING-Irons_PLP_Section1-HERO-Image-1000x600-min_1000x.webp  SS23_Ecom_Clubs_AJ_PLP_3_880x880_Irons-min_750x.webp

SS23_Cobra_Snakebite_PLP_SidebySide_880x704-1-min_750x.webp  SS23_Cobra_Snakebite_PLP_SidebySide_880x704-2-min_750x.jpg

FamilyBanner-3D-600x600px-mobile-min-2_535x.webp

Competitors will be put into two teams and put their new Cobra gear up to the test in several unique challenges which will focus on different aspects of the bag while also reviewing that club for forum members.  But fear not, even those of us not directly in the competition will have a chance to throw down and challenge out fearless competitors during weekly events for a chance to win swag too!

To top it off, the forum member with the best participation as voted on by the moderator team will be taking home a Limited Edition 50th Anniversary Aerojet Driver!  

TESTERS ANNOUNCED!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Follow the Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special here

Be sure to check out the Forum Social Channels on Instagram & Twitter

408 Comments

So a thing happened today. Like many of you here, I woke up to an email announcing this test and was so excited to sign up. I've never been a tester although like most everyone here I've applied many times before. This time feels different. I haven't hit any Cobra irons recently and I had not idea which option to select for my application so like any golf obsessed person I went to the PGA superstore at 3pm on a Tuesday to try out a few. I'm a lefty so the options were limited to say the least but I didn't let that get me down. I was working on hitting a fade with the King Tour 7i (project x lz 6.0) and this happened!

I've never hit a hole in one in real life or on sim golf despite thousands of rounds of golf and far too many darts that nestled within a foot or two of the pin. Today was the day and I did it while testing a Cobra in order to apply for this test! If that's not destiny then I don't know what is! @GolfSpy_APHhow do I get all the likes so everyone sees this and does Cobra have an account I can tag? haha 

P.S. does a driving range sim hole in one count?

IMG_3702 2.jpg

10 minutes ago, knothead17 said:

So a thing happened today. Like many of you here, I woke up to an email announcing this test and was so excited to sign up. I've never been a tester although like most everyone here I've applied many times before. This time feels different. I haven't hit any Cobra irons recently and I had not idea which option to select for my application so like any golf obsessed person I went to the PGA superstore at 3pm on a Tuesday to try out a few. I'm a lefty so the options were limited to say the least but I didn't let that get me down. I was working on hitting a fade with the King Tour 7i (project x lz 6.0) and this happened!

I've never hit a hole in one in real life or on sim golf despite thousands of rounds of golf and far too many darts that nestled within a foot or two of the pin. Today was the day and I did it while testing a Cobra in order to apply for this test! If that's not destiny then I don't know what is! @GolfSpy_APHhow do I get all the likes so everyone sees this! haha 

IMG_3696.MOV IMG_3697.MOV

IMG_3702 2.jpg

Congrats on the virtual hole in one!  Do we all get a free virtual drink now?

1 hour ago, knothead17 said:

I've never hit a hole in one in real life or on sim golf despite thousands of rounds of golf and far too many darts that nestled within a foot or two of the pin. Today was the day and I did it while testing a Cobra in order to apply for this test! If that's not destiny then I don't know what is! @GolfSpy_APHhow do I get all the likes so everyone sees this! haha 

IMG_3696.MOV IMG_3697.MOV

IMG_3702 2.jpg

Awesome story and congrats on the ace!  

5 hours ago, Tincuptim said:

Have heard how underrated Cobra is. Would love the opportunity to really see how they perform with extensive on course testing. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Be sure to read the link labelled READ MORE HERE up top! 

Quick hint: No profile photo= no selection. 

There is a ton of information there and will help you understand how we select testers and it isn't a random draw. 

Of course if you have questions just ask!

11 hours ago, knothead17 said:

I've never hit a hole in one in real life or on sim golf despite thousands of rounds of golf and far too many darts that nestled within a foot or two of the pin. Today was the day and I did it while testing a Cobra in order to apply for this test! If that's not destiny then I don't know what is! @GolfSpy_APHhow do I get all the likes so everyone sees this and does Cobra have an account I can tag? haha 

IMG_3696.MOV 91.65 MB · 0 downloads IMG_3697.MOV 79.84 MB · 2 downloads

IMG_3702 2.jpg

No cobra account to tag, but you can follow our social channels and like/tag them there (thanking them for the opportunity). 

Best way to get attention is to be involved all over the forum in various threads, throw in a WIYB and introduction and simply just be involved. 

As you likely know they aren't random selections and we have thousands of applicants to go through. 

Thankfully we still have many many more really special and amazing testing opportunities left this season is I hope that for anyone that reads this, even if not selected for this please stay involved (example don't just post in testing threads), have some fun on the forum and there will be many other chances to be selected! 

We have already had (at last count) 15 brand new testers so far this season! 

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

No cobra account to tag, but you can follow our social channels and like/tag them there (thanking them for the opportunity). 

Best way to get attention is to be involved all over the forum in various threads, throw in a WIYB and introduction and simply just be involved. 

As you likely know they aren't random selections and we have thousands of applicants to go through. 

Thankfully we still have many many more really special and amazing testing opportunities left this season is I hope that for anyone that reads this, even if not selected for this please stay involved (example don't just post in testing threads), have some fun on the forum and there will be many other chances to be selected! 

We have already had (at last count) 15 brand new testers so far this season! 

Thanks for all the info, very helpful for sure. I'll tackle the WIYB and intro now 😀

I really want to test this out and put these in the bag before my upcoming Freshman year of high school. My parents can't afford new clubs so I am always playing with models that are a few years back that my dad can find good deals for. Please don't think I am complaining, I am so thankful for how hard my parents work so that I can play as much golf as I do. It would be so awesome to be able to test these out, they look so nice!!! Fingers crossed. 

I’m new to this forum. Relatively new to golf. Been playing for almost three years and I’m hooked. Digging this community! I play at least one nine hole (34) midweek and one 72 on the weekend. Def will amp up in summer.  It would be a rad season testing the Cobra gear…fingers crossed.

On 4/4/2023 at 10:51 PM, GolfSpy_BOS said:

We are so thrilled to have Cobra back this year for an absolutely fantastic celebration for their 50th Anniversary!  The Cobra Challenge that I was selected for was really the launching point for me to want to do more on this site and become a moderator as a means to give back to the community here that had given me so much.  I'm sure that our future competitors this year will feel the same way.  It was a big time commitment, make no mistake about it, but it was 100% worth it and I'm glad that I was able to do it!

This year is going to be absolutely crazy with 6 testers, 2 teams, and a summer of fun challenges that the testers and our members following along will be able to play along for some Swag and the ultimate prize of a 50th Anniversary Aerojet Driver for the best participation throughout the thread!

Oh and ultimately I'm looking forward to the pre-chatter threads where we generally friendly spies can get a little spicy in selecting which competitors to support and which to roast, and the weekly challenges are always fun to follow along with too!

So who's got what it takes?  Think you can lead your team to domination in the Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special?!  Apply now, and start building that dream bag!

#Cobra50thMemberSpecial

...and forever always #cuetheduckboats!

Sincerely,

Your #CC4 Champion 

I wish I lived in the States to take part in this test/competition.

I can't wait to hear what the testers have to say!!!

This is so exciting for us all.

Good luck to everyone.

This Test is now closed to further comments.