Southwest: CA, NV, UT, AZ, HI

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

52 minutes ago, Gunning775 said:

How long have you been playing golf?

15 years off and on. This year I’m actually taking it serious and trying to improve my game.

What’s your handicap or normal score?

Historically I’ve always tried to get under 100. A couple years ago I shot an 84 and decided that would be my goal again. Stuck in the low 90’s on a good day and stuck in the upper 90’s on a bad day. 22 HC 

What do you love about golf?

That engagement by the community! plus learning about specs and what not  

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Some friends told me about it and now I’m HOOKED 

Where are you from? What is your home course?

Reno, NEVADA!!! Sierra sage.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

The wind..

What do you do for a living?

Grocery retail.

How’d you pick your user name?

it’s my last name and area code haha 

Welcome to the forum, @Gunning775! You’re in the right place if you want for specs, gear, and, general community engagement around golf.

:ping-small: G430 MAX 10.5º Tour 2.0 Black 65 X shaft

:ping-small:  G430 MAX 5 Wood Tour 2.0 Chrome 65 S shaft

:ping-small: G430 MAX 4 Hybrid Tour 2.0 Chrome 85 S Shaft

:ping-small: G430 5i - PW :kbs: Tour-V S shafts

:ping-small: G430 45º & 50º :kbs: Tour-V S shafts

:ping-small: Glide Pro Forged 56º :truetemper:Dynamic Gold S 300 shaft

:L.A.B.: DF3 :accra: shaft

Hola, glad to be here and I’m hoping to learn a lot on my quest to become better than my buddies at golf, which I’m sure is a motivator for a lot of us.

How long have you been playing golf? - I played very casually as a youth, but just recently picked it up and started taking it more seriously around 2022. 

What’s your handicap or normal score? - Been hovering around a 20 hdcp for the last year or so. I mostly play early morning back 9s with a scores ranging 45-50. 18 hole low score is 92 but I still mix in a 115 here or there to keep it spicy

What do you love about golf? - The feeling of being out on the course is very calming and that combined with the spirit of competition makes it a game that I look forward to playing every weekend.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? - Don’t think I know any other Spies but I use the Ball Lab and forum reviews a lot when I’m in the market for gear.

Where are you from? What is your home course? - From LA, home course is Harbor Park I suppose, but I play different courses all over the city and rarely do the same course twice in a row

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? - Worst is getting good tee times without a hassle, best is the variety of affordable courses in the area (and some great not-so-affordable ones)

What do you do for a living? - FP&A

How’d you pick your user name? - it’s one I use in multiple places so I stuck with it

SJ

Posted (edited)

Hi. I joined recently after reading content for awhile.  

Mostly I work in the ski industry but as we all know, we need a sport to keep us going  in the off season. 

I tried golf but only "silly golfed" for a few years with a few friends who wanted to get out for a few hours of fun. 

I didn't pick up my clubs for 14+ years until a friend I met skiing  who works in the golf industry asked... What clubs have ya got? 

I showed him my old box store set and he said...That'll do, but let me know if you get into it and I'll help you get dialed. 

I signed up for a 10 pack of lessons from a really good golf pro and was hooked almost immediately. 

Now I'm fully assimilated and am sooooo screwed! 

Our friend works in the golf industry and is a skier. 

We work in the ski industry and are golfers. 

This friendship  has been good for all of us and I now own an amazing set of clubs, and am really enjoing golf. 

As one of my ski instructors said, "after each lesson you'll suck at a higher level"  I feel like golf is much the same. 

My bag:Cobra Aerojet Max W, AirX 7W, 5W, 3W, 7H, 5H, 4H, 7, 8, 9 Irons, P, G, S Wedge, King Cobra 3D printed putter with modified shaft.

Edited by TriciaPug

I'm a skier, ski bootfitter, ski reviewer and forum owner for SkiTalk.com

WITB: Cobra

Driver Aerojet Max set at 13.5

AirX  3W, 5W, 7W, 4H, 5H, 7H,

Irons, 7, 8, 9, PW, GW, SW

King Cobra 3D Printed Putter with modified shaft

Posted (edited)

What's shakin' SW peeps? Long time listener and first time caller. About time I get myself in the forum and grace you all with my nonsense 😄

Been golfing since HS back in 1998 and still going. Currently a 13 handicap and stick around that range, often slightly higher, on my rounds. Lucky to get out there as of late with personal life and the such.

Just absolutely love being out there and challenging myself to improve on the prior round. Great chance to mingle and just NOT talk about work.

As mentioned prior, been listening in on the conversations and reviews the site has to offer, but finally jumping into the forums.

Originally from Texas but moved to AZ back in 2011 to a small mining town in far eastern AZ. Mt Graham is small but a pretty damn nice course for the area.

It's AZ, so there are a lot who golf out here. My biggest beef about the small town is the lack of etiquette on the course (groups of 8, no one lets faster groups pass when no one is ahead). Seems the course is finally cutting down now that more folks are golfing, but peeps need to not act like jerks and understand we are not in the wild west anymore.

I work at the mines as an Organizational Excellence representative for the past 3 years, with prior 10 years in Mine Technology.

My username is an abbreviation of my real name. Use to work in the news business (CBS Station in west texas) back in the day and this is what our sports director would utilize to abbreviate my assignment for Friday night HS football games. We would use Spx for sports, Wx for weather, Nx for news, so my name abbreviated to Chux!

Happy to meet yall and look forward to contributing where I can

Edited by Chux13

Chux Bag o' Magic:

:PXG: 0811X Driver 9°

:PXG: 0317X Proto Hybrids (17°/19°)

:PXG: 0211 XCor 2021 Irons (5-PW)

:cleveland-small: CBX4 Zipcore 46° wedge

Juggernaut Max CB Full Face 52,56,60° Wedges

Just ordered :L.A.B.: DF2 custom broomstick!

:callaway-small: Chrome Tour ballz

Hello. My name is Caleb from southern AZ.

33, I’ve been playing for about 23 years. My middle school PE teacher got me hooked on golf. My handicap is a 4.1 but I rarely play to that unless I’m at my local course, it’s a super easy flat cow pasture with no hazards.

I love the personal challenge of golf. It’s me vs me. I don’t have to rely on anyone else for how I perform. 

I’ve been following my golf spy for a long time but I finally decided to get involved in the community. I love the transparency they offer. I don’t know any other spies.

I’m from Southern AZ. I play the Willcox muni and San Pedro golf course mainly.

The best thing about golf here is dry crispy fairways to hit 300 drives regularly. The worst thing is dry crispy fairways where you hit a 300 yard drive when you don’t want it and the ball disappears. 

I’m a newly licensed general contractor, mainly steel buildings.

My username is my name lol 

Mizuno fan boy. Titleist tsr3, Taylormade mg3 wedges, Evnroll putter that I bent. 

On 5/28/2024 at 10:04 AM, Chux13 said:

What's shakin' SW peeps? Long time listener and first time caller. About time I get myself in the forum and grace you all with my nonsense 😄

Been golfing since HS back in 1998 and still going. Currently a 13 handicap and stick around that range, often slightly higher, on my rounds. Lucky to get out there as of late with personal life and the such.

Just absolutely love being out there and challenging myself to improve on the prior round. Great chance to mingle and just NOT talk about work.

As mentioned prior, been listening in on the conversations and reviews the site has to offer, but finally jumping into the forums.

Originally from Texas but moved to AZ back in 2011 to a small mining town in far eastern AZ. Mt Graham is small but a pretty damn nice course for the area.

It's AZ, so there are a lot who golf out here. My biggest beef about the small town is the lack of etiquette on the course (groups of 8, no one lets faster groups pass when no one is ahead). Seems the course is finally cutting down now that more folks are golfing, but peeps need to not act like jerks and understand we are not in the wild west anymore.

I work at the mines as an Organizational Excellence representative for the past 3 years, with prior 10 years in Mine Technology.

My username is an abbreviation of my real name. Use to work in the news business (CBS Station in west texas) back in the day and this is what our sports director would utilize to abbreviate my assignment for Friday night HS football games. We would use Spx for sports, Wx for weather, Nx for news, so my name abbreviated to Chux!

Happy to meet yall and look forward to contributing where I can

Pretty crazy we both signed up relatively close and live an hour apart. I haven’t played mt graham in years but I’ve heard it’s nice right now. 

Mizuno fan boy. Titleist tsr3, Taylormade mg3 wedges, Evnroll putter that I bent. 

21 hours ago, Cshull09 said:

Pretty crazy we both signed up relatively close and live an hour apart. I haven’t played mt graham in years but I’ve heard it’s nice right now. 

Heya! Yeah, just about in between! I have yet to go play out there in Wilcox but hear its not too shabby a course. Love going to San Pedro, my fav course in the area. Mt Graham has improved so much over the years. Still some work out there to do, but fairways and greens are pretty dang solid. 

Chux Bag o' Magic:

6 minutes ago, Chux13 said:

Heya! Yeah, just about in between! I have yet to go play out there in Wilcox but hear its not too shabby a course. Love going to San Pedro, my fav course in the area. Mt Graham has improved so much over the years. Still some work out there to do, but fairways and greens are pretty dang solid. 

Don’t waste your time driving to San Pedro until we have a good monsoon. They don’t have any water right now and it’s turning to dirt. 

Hey there, I'm finally signing up after a year of lurking.

How long have you been playing golf?

I started golfing with family in HS at the local muni in Ohio, but never took it very seriously. One year back I decided to pick it back up again to prep for a trip with my father to Scotland.

I'm currently sitting at around a 30 handicap, but I'd say about half of those strokes are old habits dying hard. and I'm finally seeing better results now that I'm focusing on simplifying my swing, and slowing down (until recently I was averaging 100+ mph w/ my 7 iron, which is not a recipe for success).

I'm really loving just spending the time on-course clearing my head, and focusing on the continuous improvement of my skills.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies

I'm looking to improve my game, and I think having a place to ask questions and contribute learnings is important for that.

Originally Florida (I actually grew up across the street from Grande Oaks Golf Club where they filmed Caddy Shack), but I've been living in the Bay Area in northern California for about 15 years now. Finding time to play has been challenging with my first kid, but thankfully I'm about 5 minutes from Corica Park so I've been able to consistently hit up the driving range, short-game practice area, and the par 3.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

I can golf year round in the bay area, and there are so many legendary courses nearby, but it's not cheap to play here, and tee times are hard to come by.

Software Engineering, mostly distributed systems and infrastructure

It's a slight modification of my name.

Driver: Srixon ZX5 MK II w/ Project X Hzrdus Black 80 X-Stiff

Fairways:  Srixon ZX5 MK I 3W w/ Evenflow Riptide 5.5, Srixon ZX5 MK II w/ 5W Fujikura Ventus Blue X-Stiff

Hybrid: Callaway Rogue ST MAX 4H w/ Mitsubishi TENSEI AV Blue 75 Stiff

Irons:  Mizuno JPX923 Hot Metal Pro 5-GW w/ KBS C-taper 130 X-Stiff

Wedges:  Cleveland CBX 2 54/58 w/ Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge

Putter:  Tri-Hot 5K Rossie S Putter

Ball:  Snell MTB-X (or whatever decent I can get for <$2 a ball)

33 minutes ago, WiLS0N said:

Hey All!

Paul from SoCal here. I try to play 18 once each week but when I'm not I'm practicing putting on the living room rug 😂. Recently obsessed with my 21 and 19 degree Callaway UW, and I'm excited to join discussions on the forum.

Welcome to the forums, saw the profile pic and was halfway hoping you were going to say you were from the "Island". I would have lost it 😂 

None the less, welcome again! There is a lot going on here. I would try out the good morning thread over in "the 19th hole" section. That's the usual daily forum check in spot every morning. 

Cheers!

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :mizuno-small: M.Craft Type VI

Ball: :odin:

On 6/5/2024 at 6:54 AM, WiLS0N said:

Hey All!

Paul from SoCal here. I try to play 18 once each week but when I'm not I'm practicing putting on the living room rug 😂. Recently obsessed with my 21 and 19 degree Callaway UW, and I'm excited to join discussions on the forum.

Hello and welcome ;)

I started golfing with my dad when I was in middle school, the early 70's.

I'm currently 12.2, with a low the past year of 10.1.

That I can continue to play at whatever level I happen to be at the time. I've been as low as 7-8 hdcp up to 16-17, but I always enjoy playing and trying to improve. 

I like the lab testing, especially the ball tests. It's opened my eyes to some different options I like.

Grew up in windy Oklahoma, lived for almost 40 years in less windy North Texas. Now living in the Tucson area, a member of The Golf Club at Dove Mountain and The Gallery.

Obviously golf here is year round if you can brave the heat. I can and do, but it does get pretty toasty in June. 

I integrate and test weapons on fighter jets.

The transplanted Texan in Arizona.

WITB in the signature. Really digging the L.A.B. putter. 

Ping G410 Driver 10.5

Ping G410 3-Wood

Ping G410 Hybrid 3, 4

Ping G400 Hybrid 5

Ping G710 Irons (6-PW)

Cleveland Zipcore Wedges (48-52-58)

LAB DF3 Putter

Vessel Lux Cart Bag

3 minutes ago, TexInAZ said:

I started golfing with my dad when I was in middle school, the early 70's.

I'm currently 12.2, with a low the past year of 10.1.

That I can continue to play at whatever level I happen to be at the time. I've been as low as 7-8 hdcp up to 16-17, but I always enjoy playing and trying to improve. 

I like the lab testing, especially the ball tests. It's opened my eyes to some different options I like.

Grew up in windy Oklahoma, lived for almost 40 years in less windy North Texas. Now living in the Tucson area, a member of The Golf Club at Dove Mountain and The Gallery.

Obviously golf here is year round if you can brave the heat. I can and do, but it does get pretty toasty in June. 

I integrate and test weapons on fighter jets.

The transplanted Texan in Arizona.

WITB in the signature. Really digging the L.A.B. putter. 

Welcome to the forum, @TexInAZ! Always nice to see another AZ resident on the forum. 

:ping-small: G430 MAX 10.5º Tour 2.0 Black 65 X shaft

:ping-small:  G430 MAX 5 Wood Tour 2.0 Chrome 65 S shaft

:ping-small: G430 MAX 4 Hybrid Tour 2.0 Chrome 85 S Shaft

:ping-small: G430 5i - PW :kbs: Tour-V S shafts

:ping-small: G430 45º & 50º :kbs: Tour-V S shafts

:ping-small: Glide Pro Forged 56º :truetemper:Dynamic Gold S 300 shaft

:L.A.B.: DF3 :accra: shaft

On 6/3/2024 at 9:29 AM, Cshull09 said:

Don’t waste your time driving to San Pedro until we have a good monsoon. They don’t have any water right now and it’s turning to dirt. 

Such a bummer to hear. I read this last week and talked a buddy out of going there this coming weekend. I believe its gone to h-e-double hockey sticks as I played a round there toward the end of last year and it was already looking pretty bad. Such a shame considering it is an amazing course for the area. Hope it can come around again pretty soon. 

Chux Bag o' Magic:

• 2 weeks later...

17 years and can't believe its been that long

13 Handicap I've gone as low as 75 ona Par 72 and can still find myself "scoring" over 100 

Everything but the sucking part. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Just got curious about the forum. No not yet. 

Los Angeles and Orange County. Home course is probably  Fullerton Golf Course.

finding a tee time is the worst. Being able to play year round is great. 

Software Developer & Artist & Golf Influencer

I use it everywhere because of my art.

Art - instagram LINK
Par Dudes Golf - youtube LINK
Software Developer - Linkedin LINK

Armando Artist
Par Dudes Golf Member

Hey all you SoCal golfers! I've got a tee-time for two at Balboa (not in San Diego - the one up in the Valley north of L.A.) - this Friday (June 21) at 10:10am.  Purchased through GolfNow as a Hot Deal - price includes cart (though I'm planning on walking - full disclosure) - $38 total.

Anyone wanna join?  My regular go-tos aren't able to join, and I don't love the idea of burning $40-ish bucks. 

@Jakesy35? @armandoartist? @Michael.Sandoval33?  One of the other newer folks who've joined?  🙂

I'm also going to post on my local FB Golfer group, but I'll update here if I get rid of the tee time.  

Let me know!

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

Hey all you SoCal golfers! I've got a tee-time for two at Balboa (not in San Diego - the one up in the Valley north of L.A.) - this Friday (June 21) at 10:10am.  Purchased through GolfNow as a Hot Deal - price includes cart (though I'm planning on walking - full disclosure) - $38 total.

Anyone wanna join?  My regular go-tos aren't able to join, and I don't love the idea of burning $40-ish bucks. 

@Jakesy35? @armandoartist? @Michael.Sandoval33?  One of the other newer folks who've joined?  🙂

I'm also going to post on my local FB Golfer group, but I'll update here if I get rid of the tee time.  

Let me know!

Wish I could, unfortunately for me it's a week of finals for class so I'm kind of locked down to staying locally. Would love to in the future so definitely keep me in mind. 

Stupid getting smart and stuff 😒

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :mizuno-small: M.Craft Type VI

Ball: :odin:

12 hours ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

Let me know!

I appreciate the invite but unfortunately won’t be able to make it. Hope someone’s able to step up to the plate!

SJ

On 6/19/2024 at 7:46 AM, armandoartist said:

Home course is probably  Fullerton Golf Course.

Love this course.  First 18 hole I ever played.

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G425 Max ( Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 55g R)

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Big Bertha B23 3 Wood (RCH 55 Regular), :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Stealth 2 HD 5 Wood (Fujikura Speeder NX Red Regular)

Hybrid:  :titleist-small: Titleist TSR2 5 Hybrid (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65 R)

Irons: :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Apex 21 DCB (Project X IO Steel R), 

Wedges: :cleveland-small: Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 50, :cleveland-small: Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54, :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Jaws Full Face 58

Putter: :cleveland-small: Cleveland HB Soft #8P (UST All-In)

Ball: :srixon-small: Srixon Q Star Tour

48 minutes ago, SteveGH7 said:

Love this course.  First 18 hole I ever played.

Dude yeah its great! until you lost your 4th ball in 3 holes! LOL!

Armando Artist
Par Dudes Golf Member

5 hours ago, armandoartist said:

Dude yeah its great! until you lost your 4th ball in 3 holes! LOL!

Yes, it is deceptively challenging!  But a really fun layout.

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G425 Max ( Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 55g R)

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Big Bertha B23 3 Wood (RCH 55 Regular), :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Stealth 2 HD 5 Wood (Fujikura Speeder NX Red Regular)

Hybrid:  :titleist-small: Titleist TSR2 5 Hybrid (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65 R)

Irons: :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Apex 21 DCB (Project X IO Steel R), 

Wedges: :cleveland-small: Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 50, :cleveland-small: Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54, :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Jaws Full Face 58

Putter: :cleveland-small: Cleveland HB Soft #8P (UST All-In)

Ball: :srixon-small: Srixon Q Star Tour

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I began playing golf at 12 at Heartwell Golf Course in Long Beach, CA. I participated in junior golf at that course for 1 year. Following that, I played golf in high school, SCPGA-JGA, and then at junior college. My lowest round is 2 under, I played 1 under several times and par dozens of times. After taking a break from competitive golf, I played casually for a few years before stopping completely for nearly a decade. I have picked it back up and immediately fell in love with playing golf again. I play to a 10-15 handicap. 

What do you love about golf? Piping a drive down the fairway for 300 yards on a Par 5, hitting a 3 iron to 15 feet, and then making a two-putt for a birdie.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Information. I do not know any other Spies. 

Where are you from? What is your home course? Lakewood CC, Lakewood, CA

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing about So Cal is the golf you can play in a year - great weather and courses. 

What do you do for a living? Design Engineer utilizing 3D software for parametric modeling. 

How’d you pick your user name? My username comprises my initials followed by the zip code of the area where I spent my formative years.

Edited by dtk90706
  1. Driver - Titleist - TSR3 9° - Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X
  2. 3 Wood - TaylorMade - Qi10 15° - Mitsubishi Tensei 75 S
  3. 3i - (Utility Driving Iron) -  TaylorMade - P-UDI 20° - HZRDS 90G 6.5
  4. 4i - TaylorMade - 790 - TT Dynamic Gold X100
  5. 5i - 9i - TaylorMade - 770 - Project X LZ 6.5
  6. 48° 10F - Titleist - Vokey Wedge - TT Wedge Flex
  7. 52° 08F - Titleist - Vokey Wedge - TT Wedge Flex
  8. 56° 10S - Titleist - Vokey Wedge - TT Wedge Flex
  9. Putter - Titleist - Scottie Cameron - Special Select Newport - Putter Shaft
  10. Ball - Titleist - PROV1

9 minutes ago, dtk90706 said:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I began playing golf at 12 at Heartwell Golf Course in Long Beach, CA. I participated in junior golf at that course for 1 year. Following that, I played golf in high school, SCPGA-JGA, and then at junior college. My lowest round is 2 under, I played 1 under several times and par dozens of times. After taking a break from competitive golf, I played casually for a few years before stopping completely for nearly a decade. I have picked it back up and immediately fell in love with playing golf again. I play to a 10-15 handicap. 

What do you love about golf? Piping a drive down the fairway for 300 yards on a Par 5, hitting a 3 iron to 15 feet, and then making a two-putt for a birdie.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Information. I do not know any other Spies. 

Where are you from? What is your home course? Lakewood CC, Lakewood, CA

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing about So Cal is the golf you can play in a year - great weather and courses. 

What do you do for a living? Design Engineer utilizing 3D software for parametric modeling. 

How’d you pick your user name? My username comprises my initials followed by the zip code of the area where I spent my formative years.

Welcome! I'm up in Santa Clarita - let's get 18 sometime! 

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

Alright SoCal Golfers! I'm back!  I booked three for this Friday, June 28th, 9:50am up in Ojai at the Soule Park Golf Course (which, honestly, if you've not played it, you're missing out on something pretty fantastic - @Syks7 and @Billy The Kid Rogers can both attest to this ;).  

I've got 2 extra tee times - $38 (insane price, I know, but I SWEAR it's worth twice that) to walk, cart is a bit more.  I'm planning on walking.  

Anyone want to join?  Let me know before Wednesday night 7pm, as I have to reduce the number of players if no one can join by then.

Would love to get to play with some new folks.  

Let me know!

Tagging a few I know are in the SoCal area, but open to any/all!

@dtk90706, @Jakesy35, @Michael.Sandoval33, @armandoartist

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

Thank you for the invitation. Some of my colleagues played at that course a few weeks ago and all had great things to say about it. I intend to play there soon, but I assume your tee time is booked for this Thursday, 6/27, which is not feasible for me. 😭

1. Driver - Titleist - TSR3 9° - Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X
  2. 3 Wood - TaylorMade - Qi10 15° - Mitsubishi Tensei 75 S
  3. 3i - (Utility Driving Iron) -  TaylorMade - P-UDI 20° - HZRDS 90G 6.5
  4. 4i - TaylorMade - 790 - TT Dynamic Gold X100
  5. 5i - 9i - TaylorMade - 770 - Project X LZ 6.5
  6. 48° 10F - Titleist - Vokey Wedge - TT Wedge Flex
  7. 52° 08F - Titleist - Vokey Wedge - TT Wedge Flex
  8. 56° 10S - Titleist - Vokey Wedge - TT Wedge Flex
  9. Putter - Titleist - Scottie Cameron - Special Select Newport - Putter Shaft
  10. Ball - Titleist - PROV1

31 minutes ago, dtk90706 said:

Thank you for the invitation. Some of my colleagues played at that course a few weeks ago and all had great things to say about it. I intend to play there soon, but I assume your tee time is booked for this Thursday, 6/27, which is not feasible for me. 😭

It's actually Friday morning (I updated the post to include this - thanks!) - they require 36 hours of notice to change the number of golfers with no penalty.

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

On 2/12/2019 at 12:37 AM, GolfSpy MPR said:

Hiya! Got back into the sport after several…many…years off. Enjoying it but I’m always working on consistency. I really enjoy the reviews and forums here!

1. How long have you been playing golf? About 5 years total…but not all at once! What’s your handicap or normal score? Usually shoot in the low 90s?

2. What do you love about golf? A solid fairway shot.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I like the forums and reviews.

4. Where are you from? NorCal.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? No summer rain. Summer heat.

6. What do you do for a living? Work for the fire dept. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Just my name!

Hiya! Got back into the sport after several…many…years off. Enjoying it but I’m always working on consistency. I really enjoy the reviews and forums here!

1. How long have you been playing golf? About 5 years total…but not all at once! What’s your handicap or normal score? Usually shoot in the low 90s?

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? No summer rain. Summer heat.

Edited by RyanGi

Wine is sunlight held together by water - Galileo 

Wine is sunlight held together by water - Galileo