Favorite Brand of Golf shoes???

Were they maroon and gold? Doesn't exactly go with just any outfit. LOL.

as long as you have the belt...

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

as long as you have the belt...

Haha, so true. Although I'm not sure a guy my size should be drawing attention to his middle with a belt like that. LOL.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

WE lust opened a Puma Account at my store, so perhaps I shall try a pair of Puma shoes this year??? I can't wait for the pants and belts.

Yeah let me know if you give those PUMAS a shot. Id really like to know how the break in and feel.

Titleist 905R 9.5* w/ RIP Beta 60x

Adams 4060 16* w/ Matrix F7M2s

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* w/ AXE Xcaliber Tour Hybrid TS

Adams CB1 3-PW w/ KBS Tour S Hardstepped 1x

Scratch 8620 DS TNC grind 53* & DS EGG grind 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S300

Ping Redwood D66 w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel

• SPY VIP

I'm curious about giving these a try: Ecco Golf Street Premier

i-licoricecoffeefanta.jpg&size=17&dhm=3bb110ee&hl=en

To those who play with these types of spikeless, how do you like them? I always think that my feet would spin, especially when it is wet.

This is why I changed my newly purchased contour stock pikes to stingers.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

To those who play with these types of spikeless, how do you like them? I always think that my feet would spin, especially when it is wet.

This is why I changed my newly purchased contour stock pikes to stingers.

I've played with spikeless golf shoes - Etonic G-SOK, Footjoy Dryjoy spikeless, Puma Swing GTX - in damp/wet conditions and haven't had problems at all.

• SPY VIP

I've played with spikeless golf shoes - Etonic G-SOK, Footjoy Dryjoy spikeless, Puma Swing GTX - in damp/wet conditions and haven't had problems at all.

So my problem with the spikes is another thing I can blame on my swing, super...

Volvo Intorqueo

And Fred Couples, too, from what I've read.

Yep, I've seen Freddy wear them, although I believe he wore a different style during at least one of the rounds down in Newport Beach last weekend. Though I've never had a pair, I'd really like to try Ecco sometime. I'm a big fan of the Hydromax design; they look great!

______

Dave

Image Gallery

For myself, I've always been a big fan of Footjoy shoes -- comfort and quality. Until recently when I began wearing Footjoys again, I purchased and wore Bite. Bite shoes are great and extremely comfortable. I had six pairs in succession and never regretted wearing them. There's no real reason why my last two pairs have been FJs, except perhaps the more conservative styling is more suitable for business rounds.

______

Dave

Image Gallery

What are the upside to wearing spikeless shoes? Is it just that there are no spike to replace? But then when they wear down you have to replace the who shoe, I don't get it.

I've had two pairs in the past -- one was a pair of FJ teaching shoes and the other was a pair of Bite spikeless. (I don't know if I'd count my two pairs of Crocs Ace golf shoes as spikeless with their faux spikes). For me the appeal was going straight from the car to the course and to the spikeless bar w/o having to change. I don't know if it was the compound of rubber they used for the soles, but I never experienced a slippage problem, except maybe once when I was walking down from a cart path to the fairway and slipped because I there was dew on the downhill slope to the fairway. Other than that, I don't really have a problem playing in spikeless. As for wear on the soles, I never noticed them wearing down any quicker than any of my golf and non-golf shoes.

______

Dave

Image Gallery

What are the upside to wearing spikeless shoes? Is it just that there are no spike to replace? But then when they wear down you have to replace the who shoe, I don't get it.

Speaking for myself - and only for myself - I've replaced and bought new shoes with spikes about as often as I replaced and bought new spikeless shoes. On top of that, I REALLY dislike replacing spikes. Therefore, I simply go with spikeless shoes.

Now, I could be in the minority of course, and I wouldn't necessarily recommend my preference or buying pattern to anyone else.

• SPY VIP

Speaking for myself - and only for myself - I've replaced and bought new shoes with spikes about as often as I replaced and bought new spikeless shoes. On top of that, I REALLY dislike replacing spikes. Therefore, I simply go with spikeless shoes.

Now, I could be in the minority of course, and I wouldn't necessarily recommend my preference or buying pattern to anyone else.

I don't mind replacing spikes. it feels like an accomplishment that I have played enough to need them. Plus the shoes seem new to me after switching.

Volvo Intorqueo

I'm curious about giving these a try: Ecco Golf Street Premier

i-licoricecoffeefanta.jpg&size=17&dhm=3bb110ee&hl=en

On the way. Back ordered until mid April. I will be owning Both the Black/red and white/green. Report to follow.

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Yeah let me know if you give those PUMAS a shot. Id really like to know how the break in and feel.

I absolutely will have a pair on at some point this season... (god i hope the wife is not reading this...) As soon as I know more, I will post more.

I don't have a favorite brand right now. It seems like even within one brand the shoe fit are all over the map.

My all-time favorite shoe is from way back. Etonic came out with a shoe, called The Difference, to compete with FootJoys Tour Classics. It was a high-end all leather shoe just like the Classic and was phenomenal. They made it even better when they came out with it, but instead of having a leather sole they made it with some type rubber/synthetic. It was still a couple years later before FJ did the same. Man....that was a good golf shoe.

On the subject of spiked vs. spikeless... I don't mind changing spikes and due to the wet conditions here, I always wear spikes. If you have a decent wrench (not the one that comes with the spikes) then changing spikes aren't that big of a pain.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

I like spiked golf shoes, I even wear them to practice. My favorite brand is Footjoy. My experience is pretty limited, but they're very comfortable and they've lasted for a few years already without a single problem.

Try the Ecco's for ladies. Awesome.

Archived