Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

George Gankas Swing Model Thoughts?

29 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

I got a different and maybe wrong message about it just being a "feel" from what he is teaching at about the 7:40 mark.  And the slo mo videos on youtube of Wolff clearly show his head not swiveling until his hands are past his waist on his follow through.  Annika is earlier than Wolff but still after impact and before hands get waist high while Duvall is definitely the earliest I have seen, with the head swiveling before impact.

If you watch Johnny and I think even Wolff on the range in their lessons with him you will see they look way down the line in rehearsals. This is the feel part of the drill/movement. The over exaggeration that many teachers refer to when doing something. Similar to how GG teaches the bucket drill and squat. 

As you mention in the video he is showing how keeping the head still is the issue. They are still keeping the eyes on the ball but the head isn’t dead still and some of them look down the line earlier than others. He has some videos about the head movement in his online course

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1