Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

GOLFTEC Fitting Question

Thinking about Golftec for a fitting but had a question for peeps that have had fittings there. Do they only fit into the current years models or will they also fit into last years models?

Driver: :taylormade-small: RBZ Stage 2 - Stiff

4W: :callaway-small: RZR X - Stiff

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: Burner Superlaunch 5 Iron Rescue 

Irons: :callaway-small: RZR X - Uniflex Steel

Wedges: :titelist-small: 54 degree SM4 Vokey, :callaway-small: 60 degree MD3 S grind

Putter: :odyssey-small: 35" Versa #6 Blade

All right handed. 

Ball: :bridgestone-small: B330 Tour RXS

Nobody really fits to previous year models and there may be certain current releases they won’t fit because they are being discontinued in prep for upcoming releases.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

What are you looking to get out of the fitting?

If you just want a cheaper upgrade for your driver, you can get fit and focus on the correct shaft (try the shafts you like in various heads to make sure it's a good fit) and then just upgrade the shaft in your driver... 

I don't have any direct experience with GolfTec, but a fitting is only as good as the fitter, and GolfTec isn't known for fittings... I'd highly recommend going to a locally owned store and talking to their fitters about what you want, what your budget is and how best to do it...

A good fitter understands that they are fitting for budget amount everything else, and will help you find a reasonable cost alternative, even if a more expensive option is "better'... if the fitter isn't willing to discuss pricing, then they aren't a good fitter.

Mavrik 9 degree - Ventus Black 7X

Mavrik 13.5 Degree - Hazardus Smoke

Sub70 19 degree - Proforce V2 8F5

Sub70 4u - Proforce V2 8F5

Sub70 5i - DG S400

Adams CMB 6-GW - Project X 6.0

Sub70 54 (286) and 58 (JB Low Bounce) - S300

SeeMore Trimetal Mallet (Custom fit and built... Kudos to Cody)

And as always, Kudos to Craigers.

3 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Nobody really fits to previous year models and there may be certain current releases they won’t fit because they are being discontinued in prep for upcoming releases.

I figured this would be the case. Wah wah. Thanks for the insight RickyBobby_PR

Wedges: :titelist-small: 54 degree SM4 Vokey, :callaway-small: 60 degree MD3 S grind

All right handed. 

3 hours ago, myherobobhope said:

What are you looking to get out of the fitting?

If you just want a cheaper upgrade for your driver, you can get fit and focus on the correct shaft (try the shafts you like in various heads to make sure it's a good fit) and then just upgrade the shaft in your driver... 

I don't have any direct experience with GolfTec, but a fitting is only as good as the fitter, and GolfTec isn't known for fittings... I'd highly recommend going to a locally owned store and talking to their fitters about what you want, what your budget is and how best to do it...

A good fitter understands that they are fitting for budget amount everything else, and will help you find a reasonable cost alternative, even if a more expensive option is "better'... if the fitter isn't willing to discuss pricing, then they aren't a good fitter.

It's been about 9 years since I got my previous set of irons and about 7 since I got my driver. The irons I was fit for and the driver I just got off the rack. My game has changed a lot since then (no longer slice like crazy and my miss is left now) and I figured that I may have some benefit to getting re-fit. I don't know that my game is to the level where I want to drop serious coin on a new set but maybe it's time. Thanks guys

All right handed. 

I have had a Golftec fitting and it was fine. Their fitting methodology is pretty standardized, all the fitters go through the same fitting training program, so they all use the same process. One limitation is that they have have OEM-specific shafts that fit OEM-specific heads, essentially like fitting carts. So you don't have the chance to try any head/shaft combo like Club Champion would have. They use the GC2 launch monitor which doesn't provide as much info as GC Quad or Trackman, if that matters to you at all. 

Outside of the above, the quality of the fitting is highly dependent on the expertise of the specific fitter. Even though all the fitters go through the same training, the level of knowledge is highly fitter dependent. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

I had a Golftec fitting in Orlando last summer when I was up there visiting Disneyworld.   Unfortunately I twisted my neck on my first ride before the fitting putting the results in question.  It also gave me a good reason to not make any club buying decisions at that time.  I still went through with it and was able to apply a few of the findings.  As an engineer, I was a little disappointed that I didn't walk out with hard copy specific data from each of the clubs I demonstrated.   I'm not sure if it was that specific location or it's standard Golftec practice.  The fitter did write down some high level information that I was able to get after the fact.   It might be worth it to ask up front if you can get hard copy print out of your swing data.

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  
  • 4 weeks later...

I had a full bag fitting at Golftec in November 2019.  I'll never buy clubs again without a fitting first.  We tried 7 different brands with multiple shafts and found the combination that was best for me.  They emailed me a PDF of their recommendations compared to my then current clubs (pics attached).  The experience was great, especially since the fitter was also my coach at the time.  I ended up buying my irons through them, but didn't want to shell out for the driver at that time.  I ended up buying the exact driver and shaft combination they recommended from Callaway's used club site.  My clubs work great for me.  I just need to work on that nut that holds the handle.

Ron

TECFIT_1.jpg

TECFIT_2.jpg

TECFIT_3.jpg

Callaway Epic Flash Driver, Ping G410 irons, worn out ball retriever.