Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Bounce, Grind Roller-skate

The grind and bounce options, I feel, are getting completely out of hand. I've played Cleveland wedges my entire life, but not against other options. It used to be easy to get a simple low-bounce "digging" wedge but now it seems a bit of a challenge with all the grind options out there. What the h3ll am I looking for if I want a low-bounce wedge that I can also open up and get creative around the greens?

My home track consists of extremely hard, clay-like ground so I prefer the low bounce option in a wedge. 

Break it down for me please

BEAUinitialsBLU.png

Well a quick and easy break down is. Not everyone delivers the club to the ball in the same manner.

there are plenty of low bounce options out there. From what you say you want to do, probably a Vokey L grind, or M… Ping option would likely be their TS grind. Calaway have some options as well.

https://www.vokey.com/wedges/sm8.aspx#

https://ping.com/en-us/clubs/wedges/glide-3-0

https://www.callawaygolf.com/golf-clubs/wedges/wedges-2019-md5-jaws-chrome.html#product-specs

The Vokey website is great to work out what you need, you answer questions on how you play and where you play, and then they give you recommendations. 

:ping-small: Driver: G425 Max 10.5*
:ping-small: Wood: G425 Max
:ping-small: Wood: G425 Max
:titelist-small: Hybrid: TS2 23*
:titelist-small: Irons:  6 to GW, T300 
:titelist-small: Wedges:  Vokey SM8 50F, 54S, 58K
:cameron-small: Putter: 1998 Tei3 Newport Long Neck
:titelist-small: Ball: Yellow Titleist VG3
:nike-small: Bag: Nike Air Hybrid Golf Bag

I Love the Art of Putting!

Using online fitting tools from the different brands takes the majority of guess work out if it. 

Getting fit can solve it all

Lastly seems like only in golf is having more options a bad thing. Nobody complains there numerous size TVs with various levels of refresh rate, definition and functions. After all it’s so confusing compared to the 5 channels that came on the sets you had to change by hand manually 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

9 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Using online fitting tools from the different brands takes the majority of guess work out if it. 

Getting fit can solve it all

Lastly seems like only in golf is having more options a bad thing. Nobody complains there numerous size TVs with various levels of refresh rate, definition and functions. After all it’s so confusing compared to the 5 channels that came on the sets you had to change by hand manually 

5 channels?  We only had 3 channels and they were over the airwaves so reception was iffy, but my mom and dad had voice-activated channels changing... "Kenny, change to channel 19!"  🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

3 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

5 channels?  We only had 3 channels and they were over the airwaves so reception was iffy, but my mom and dad had voice-activated channels changing... "Kenny, change to channel 19!"  🤣

My parents has same type of channel changer and had backups if needed 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

check out Sub70  JB wedge low bounce.  I bought one, really nice and versatile and priced right.  I'd highly recommend.  Prior to that was playing Vokey SM8 higher bounce and I also needed a low bounce wedge.   

TM Sim2 Max  10.5

Ping G410 5 wood

Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

PXG Gen 5 0311P  5-gap

PXG forged 54 & 58 wedges

PXG Operator H w/ BGT Stability shaft

I think Cleveland still makes is quite simple with low, medium, full bounce. Seems pretty simple.

Of course some other companies have more complicated options and you can choose if that is beneficial to you or not.  certainly, plenty of people have a certain vokey grind they like and stick with that for decades. 

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!