Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Where Should I Go For A Putter Fitting?

Middler

23 minutes ago, depan said:

I just called my local 2nd Swing and they said they just got a Quintic in but that it doesn't have camera/video. Has anyone ever heard of this? I was assuming I would go to The Fitting Lab as they are listed on Edel's website but they have SAM Putt Lab. Quintic seems more comprehensive to me (but maybe I'm wrong) but I have no idea what to make of a Quintic without some sort of visual capture. Does anybody have any experience with this?

Quintic has to have a camera; that is how it captures the ball and putter.   Quintic and SAM are similar but different; Quintic is more about the ball and SAM is more about the putter.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

7 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Quintic has to have a camera; that is how it captures the ball and putter.   Quintic and SAM are similar but different; Quintic is more about the ball and SAM is more about the putter.  

The person I talked to stated they have a "Quintic Computer" but said there is no video. I'll probably call again tomorrow to clarify because it definitely confused me.

Driver: :ping-small: G410 LST 9* +1 CB Alta Stiff

3 Wood: :titleist-small: TS2 15* +1.5 B3

5 Wood: :titleist-small: TS2 18* +1.5 B3

Irons: :ping-small: Rapture 5i-PW (4i M.I.A.)

GW: :titleist-small: Vokey Spin Milled 52/08

SW: :mizuno-small: MP-T 56/10

LW: :cleveland-small: CG12 60*
Putter: :taylormade-small:Rossa Monza Spider

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black

It all depends on the experience of the fitter. I used SAM at Golf Galaxy, which is also used at Callaway in the Odyssey room in Carlsbad. Again, the experience of the fitter is crucial. Big Box Stores DO NOT train their employees except by 5 minute videos. You can't get fit by a "fitter" who was flipping burgers last week. I paid my way to the the manufacturers to learn to properly fit. But the best fitting I've ever seen is with the QuinTIC GOLF AND V1 SPORTS’ 4 CAMERA PUTTING SYSTEM at Bettinardi's Studio B in Chicago. I went thru the fitting for a custom Bettinardi and this system was amazing. It made the SAM look like a junior fitting system. I would also recommend being fit by a PGA Professional at the store or pro shop you visit, to be sure they know what their doing.

Certified Club Fitter.

Ping G425 Max Driver 10.5° w/Fujikura Ventus TR

Ping G425 Max 5-7-9 Fairway Woods w/Ping Alta CB

Ping G425 Irons 5-U w/Ping Alta CB (Power-Spec Lofts)

Ping 4.0 Eye2 Glide Wedges 54°-58° w/Recoil SmacWrap

Ping Redwood ZB Putter w/PP58

PING Pioneer Cart Bag

Lamkin Sonar+ Wrap Mid-Size Grips

Find a S.A.M. putting lab

Driver: Titleist TSR 3 10* Accura TZ6 M3 65g

Fairways: Callaway Rogue 15* & 19* Matrix Ozik TP 6 HD stiff 

Hybrid: Titleist TSI 4 & 5 Hybrids Mitsubishi Tensi AV 65 HY X stiff   

Irons:  KZG Forged III 6-P Accura iS7 (Refinished and regrooved)

Wedges: Cleveland CBX  50*, Taylormade MG 3 Tiger grind 56 bent to 54/10 & Taylormade MG 4 Tiger grind 56 bent to 58/14

Putter: Positive Putter's Custom P2 (think Edel putter meets Heavy Putter)

Ball: Callaway Chome Tour                        

All clubs have Winn Dri-Tac Wraps oversized

On 1/13/2022 at 2:51 PM, Middler said:

I'm not unhappy with my current putter (my alignment is good, my pace is inconsistent long and short - I assume that's more the operator than the putter, but at least one post here suggested not necessarily), but I am curious enough to pay ONCE for a top notch fitting to see what I can learn about my stroke characteristics. If I come away with a new putter or not isn't primary.

So I had a driver fitting at Club Champion that was worthless. When I shared that here, some told me it was my own fault. So now's your chance to put your expertise to good use (there are most certainly many more knowledgeable than I am here).

Most of the big name fitters are within driving distance NC/SC and I'm not willing to get on a plane for a putter fitting. Is there one better than another, one standout? Should I narrow it down to Quintic, SAM, BioMech or another technology? Or some tech or fitters I should cross off my list - I am not keen on Club Champion after my BS driver fitting, but I won't rule them out.

Tell me where to go (OK, your second idea) for an instructive, conclusive putter fitting...

Dustin Johnson's academy in Myrtle Beach has the S.A.M. Lab putter system.  They can fit you or give you a lesson or a combo.  

Driver: Titleist TSR 3 10* Accura TZ6 M3 65g

Fairways: Callaway Rogue 15* & 19* Matrix Ozik TP 6 HD stiff 

Hybrid: Titleist TSI 4 & 5 Hybrids Mitsubishi Tensi AV 65 HY X stiff   

Irons:  KZG Forged III 6-P Accura iS7 (Refinished and regrooved)

Wedges: Cleveland CBX  50*, Taylormade MG 3 Tiger grind 56 bent to 54/10 & Taylormade MG 4 Tiger grind 56 bent to 58/14

Putter: Positive Putter's Custom P2 (think Edel putter meets Heavy Putter)

Ball: Callaway Chome Tour                        

All clubs have Winn Dri-Tac Wraps oversized

I find this to be an interesting topic. I never had a putter fitting until I went to Club Champion as part of a promotion they ran.

They used the Sam and I took 5 to 10 putts with my putter reviewed what I was doing and what they would recommend to change on the putter. In this case it was correcting the bend by 1 degree and another minor adjustment to the loft. In the initial test I mad 50% at the 10 foot mark. After the adjustment I made 7 in a row. I was impressed but wanted to wait to when I played to see if this carried over.

Well it has. I am making more putts now than ever and have become the best putter in our group. I have a couple of old putters in the closet that I am going to take to them to make the same adjustment and see if the results follow for those as well.

John Burnsworth

Similar experience.  Went to CC last fall and got put on the SAM.  I had a very consistent miss - I'm catching it a quarter of an inch off center every single time... They bent it as far as they dared (an older Evnroll) but NOT as far as they wanted.   Went back recently - a bit better because of the bending but not as far as they and SAM thought it should be.  So getting an Evnroll with a different neck. 

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)