We all have these days...

GolfSpy_APH

Seems about right ▶️

⛳🛄 as of Oct 5, 2024 (Past WITB
Driver:  :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ - check out the Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ shaft (still love my Cobra F7's)

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron                                

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,57 or :titleist-small: SM10 45,49,53,57 degree wedges

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png LINK! Full putter shootout incoming

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Golf Bag: Ghost Anyday 5.0 Golf bag - Maverick colorway with MGS Logo

Other: Vortex Anarch Rangefinder, searching for electric cart, Red Rooster The Root Glove and more

After seeing a number of horseshoe (and worse) putts in that video, a question came to mind: I've been told those horseshoes are more likely with the sharp cut edges of a hole at a pro tournament, and that the softer edges of a typical course are less likely to do that. (I know I seldom see or experience it.) 1. Is that verifiably true?, and 2. If it makes a real difference, is a putt more or less likely to actually go in? Can this be tested?

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

1 hour ago, Siamese Moose said:

After seeing a number of horseshoe (and worse) putts in that video, a question came to mind: I've been told those horseshoes are more likely with the sharp cut edges of a hole at a pro tournament, and that the softer edges of a typical course are less likely to do that. (I know I seldom see or experience it.) 1. Is that verifiably true?, and 2. If it makes a real difference, is a putt more or less likely to actually go in? Can this be tested?

I believe we can pass that question on and maybe it will!

Driver:  :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ - check out the Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ shaft (still love my Cobra F7's)

T150 6-9 Iron                                

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,57 or :titleist-small: SM10 45,49,53,57 degree wedges

Other: Vortex Anarch Rangefinder, searching for electric cart, Red Rooster The Root Glove and more

yikes... 😬

T150 6-9 Iron                                

I gotta say, that jaunty music from your original post (from the DP) really does make that video tolerable - without it, it would just be plain misery to watch, but WITH it, it's hilarious.  It's like Benny Hill music, lol...somehow it just makes it silly and funny.  (those were BRUTALLY unlucky, btw)

Driver - Callaway Ai Smoke Max - 9* - Draw setting; Maltby UL (Otto Phlex)
5/7 Wood - Takomo Ignis
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*) (currently benched)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*/DF3 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

22 minutes ago, Samsonite said:

I gotta say, that jaunty music from your original post (from the DP) really does make that video tolerable - without it, it would just be plain misery to watch, but WITH it, it's hilarious.  It's like Benny Hill music, lol...somehow it just makes it silly and funny.  (those were BRUTALLY unlucky, btw)

Pretty sure I watched it on silent.

T150 6-9 Iron                                

On 12/30/2022 at 10:01 PM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Seems about right ▶️

Ya, having a smoke and coffee watching this makes me feel like I'm in a swanky breakfast lounge with golf in the background hahaha I'm digging the DP tour and their class

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-MJ 6x

Titleist TSr3 18 Degree, Graphite Design Tour Ad-DI 7x

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours 120S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini, Versa Scheme, 17" Fatso 3.0 Grip, 40"

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

11 minutes ago, TylorJudd said:

Ya, having a smoke and coffee watching this makes me feel like I'm in a swanky breakfast lounge with golf in the background hahaha I'm digging the DP tour and their class

What's really funny to me, after watching this, is how often when someone has a ball go (literally) more than 360 around the hole that the announcers say the exact. same. thing. (Imagine now, if you will, the CLASSIEST British accent) "Ooooh, well that's unlucky."  Followed immediately by "You don't see that very often." Which is then followed by 40 other clips (alternating with a ball clanging off a stick and rolling 40 yards away, followed by yet another "oooh, well that's unlucky, innit?") showing the exact same thing.  I'd say it does happen very often, DP-World-Tour-announcer, I'd say it happens every. gd. tournament, lol. 

"Ooooh, well that's unlucky," is going to be my new phrase out on the course every time my buddies miss a putt, no matter how badly.  

Driver - Callaway Ai Smoke Max - 9* - Draw setting; Maltby UL (Otto Phlex)
5/7 Wood - Takomo Ignis
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*) (currently benched)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*/DF3 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

On 12/30/2022 at 11:01 PM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Seems about right ▶️

... I was having a killer day and 4 under going to the 9th hole. 25mph wind dead at my back let me not only fly it over the uphill and onto the flat, but caught the downslope for a 310yd drive. Middle of winter with hard fast conditions and a good 75yds of roll. Left me a LW I had to hit short of the green to get close to a front pin and hit it as good as possible, only to see it hit a sprinkler head and bounce sideways into the lake. Had to drop on hardpan and clip it well past the hole or risk going in the bunker. Just missed the comeback put for a double bogie. I hit 4 shots as well as I could and got a double and it would fit nicely on this video. 🤪

On 12/31/2022 at 6:47 AM, Siamese Moose said:

... This happens with regularity on Bermuda greens where the grain is growing over the edge of the cup. It acts like a ramp and what would normally fall will get slung around and past the hole. Never the horseshoe that sharp edges can produce. Playing upscale resort courses and CC's I have had several 360's. So while the edges on a typical muni won't usually produce a horseshoe, if worn it also won't allow a prefect speed putt to roll in like a sharp edged cup will. Fwiw, I don't think I ever experienced a cup having shaggy edged grain when I played on bent grass so I just have to remind myself "but it is a dry heat". 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:   :taylormade-small:   Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'Li Blue 70r
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Alta Hy70r 
Irons:       :taylormade-small:    P770 5-pw ... Steelfiber i80r
                  :taylormade-small:    TP UDi 4 ... Steelfiber i80r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :EVNROLL:     Custom 5.1 (no alignment)  33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x/Maxfli Tour X 

• 2 weeks later...

just hurts... 

T150 6-9 Iron                                

4 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

just hurts... 

Is this why you don’t aim for the flag?

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

3 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Exactly!! 

T150 6-9 Iron                                

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Exactly!! 

We’ll now I know!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

4 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Yep,  This is why he aimed for the rocks on the next hole;  Birdie to follow the 8.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

4 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Yep,  This is why he aimed for the rocks on the next hole;  Birdie to follow the 8.

Golf Gods giveth and taketh away. Or vise versa in this case

Check out my reviews:

WITB: