Testers Announced! Stix Golf Sets ×

Best or Most Wanted blade or mallet putter

Christof

I have a question maybe a silly question, is actually always the Best or Most Wanted blade or mallet putter. Why not the Most wanted,
Face Balanced Putter
slightly arched putter
highly arched putter
I think you are new to golf though very interesting and maybe add value anyway in testing and results and feedback and for the fans and Mygolfspy owners. Maybe for the brands too because the golfer can look up more specific information about the model/brand faster. It may be that I see it all wrong.

:taylormade-small:Redline Monte Carlo, Face Balanced, Grip:garsen: max

:cleveland-small: RTX5 58°/06°, RTX6° 54° low+8° and 48°/10°Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue Wedge Flex

:wilson_staff_small: D9: 5 en PW; KBS Max Ultralight steel

:taylormade-small: Stealth F.W.7 21° and F.W.3 15° ventus red 5 regular

:taylormade-small: TP5: :vice: Pro plus

Garmin: Vivoactive 4

:nike-small: Air max 90

3 hours ago, Christof said:

I have a question maybe a silly question, is actually always the Best or Most Wanted blade or mallet putter. Why not the Most wanted,
Face Balanced Putter
slightly arched putter
highly arched putter
I think you are new to golf though very interesting and maybe add value anyway in testing and results and feedback and for the fans and Mygolfspy owners. Maybe for the brands too because the golfer can look up more specific information about the model/brand faster. It may be that I see it all wrong.

Typically the industry divides putters into just blades and mallets.   If you want the breakdown by those categories,  just look at the putters that are in the category you are interested in viewing.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

18 hours ago, cnosil said:

Typically the industry divides putters into just blades and mallets.   If you want the breakdown by those categories,  just look at the putters that are in the category you are interested in viewing.  

Ok, yes I was seeing behind a face Balanced Blade putter in the most wanted list, meanwhile I have figured out, I should see to Hosel: #7 Small Post or Hosel: Single Bend or Hosel: Double Bend are almost always face Balanced. difference I think is the Balance between the hosels of shafts, #7small post is about the same as double bend I think, if I read it right on forum of Straight Shaft or Offset Shaft or Hosel Shaft...which is for you and why???? was a question from By seemoreputters.

:cleveland-small: RTX5 58°/06°, RTX6° 54° low+8° and 48°/10°Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue Wedge Flex

3 minutes ago, Christof said:

Ok, yes I was seeing behind a face Balanced Blade putter in the most wanted list, meanwhile I have figured out, I should see to Hosel: #7 Small Post or Hosel: Single Bend or Hosel: Double Bend are almost always face Balanced. difference I think is the Balance between the hosels of shafts, #7small post is about the same as double bend I think, if I read it right on forum of Straight Shaft or Offset Shaft or Hosel Shaft...which is for you and why???? was a question from By seemoreputters.

Kind of.  The hosel configuration along with Center of gravity influence all of this.  This really isn’t what was asked in the Seemore thread; they just wanted to know what hosel type you liked.

a double bend shaft is typically face balanced, but not always.  The Toulon a Chicago is an example of a double bend that isn’t face balanced.  Same with single bend; Cameron putters are single bend but aren’t face balanced.  Same with plumbers neck; it may or may not be face balanced.   In general if you were to draw a line down the shaft and intersect the hosel you would find

• if the line goes through the center (between heel and toe) of the putter it will be face balanced
  • if it is closer to the heel it will have more to hang
  • if it is closer to the toe, it will be toe up.  

let’s look at the evnroll V series https://us.evnroll.com/v-series/.  This is a putter that has interchangeable hosels.  Same head, but I can influence balance based on which of the 6 hosels I pick.   in MGS most wanted testing the testers may be using different hosels based on their stroke type.  

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

OK that about Seemore bit misread.
After I answered your feedback, I also saw it at the Cleveland Huntington Beach Premier 8 and Wilson Infinite II West Loop.  By In general if you were to draw a line down the shaft and intersect the hosel you would find, you mean this with drawing below.
 Have started looking at evnerol, yes always thought each shaft matched or had to match the club head. It's unbelievable.
They make it complicated the golf brands.

image.png.a195ce423d4138b3434086899064181c.png

4 hours ago, Christof said:

OK that about Seemore bit misread.
After I answered your feedback, I also saw it at the Cleveland Huntington Beach Premier 8 and Wilson Infinite II West Loop.  By In general if you were to draw a line down the shaft and intersect the hosel you would find, you mean this with drawing below.
 Have started looking at evnerol, yes always thought each shaft matched or had to match the club head. It's unbelievable.
They make it complicated the golf brands.

image.png.a195ce423d4138b3434086899064181c.png

Yes,  that drawing represents what I was saying about the balance/toe hang of the club.  

Lots of people think that putters are just a clubhead at the end of the shaft that doesn't move very fast, but there are lots of nuances in how they actually work.    

10 hours ago, cnosil said:

Yes,  that drawing represents what I was saying about the balance/toe hang of the club.  

Lots of people think that putters are just a clubhead at the end of the shaft that doesn't move very fast, but there are lots of nuances in how they actually work.    

Hey Cnosil
I am already happy to have found the right photo.
Most buy a putter that is in the basic set or 1 that looks and feels good and is affordable, especially starts playing golf.I also only know the basics the face balanced and toe-hang or bent, straight putting/swing you have it is a face balanced, bent or round it is a putter with toe-hang. If you are ready to putt and drop a ball under your left eye and the ball falls on the ball lying on the ground you also need a face balanced, at least that's how I understood it on the taylormade video about putters. 

Cnosil and or the others too, looking at the pictures and video, the Ping would be a single curve, but with me it is more like double curve.
Taylormade would Hosel: #7 Small Post with Offset: 1/2 Shaft, on me it's a single bend, is that right? Taylormade no longer puts Hosel: #7 with the information. 
In other post already said I have had, the taylormade gives me a better feel when I am ready to putt, maybe it is because of the colours, the Taylormade also feels better in the swing also better control, Ping weighs 545grams and taylormade 515grams I don't know there because of that or because of the shaft or hosel or the putter head. I am not technically good enough for that, I would like to know though ever someone can tell me, its all at face balacend.can only say what I feel and taylormade feels better and putting improved.

Greetings
Christof

Putter hoofden en hosels.jpg

1 hour ago, Christof said:

Cnosil and or the others too, looking at the pictures and video, the Ping would be a single curve, but with me it is more like double curve.
Taylormade would Hosel: #7 Small Post with Offset: 1/2 Shaft, on me it's a single bend, is that right? Taylormade no longer puts Hosel: #7 with the information. 
In other post already said I have had, the taylormade gives me a better feel when I am ready to putt, maybe it is because of the colours, the Taylormade also feels better in the swing also better control, Ping weighs 545grams and taylormade 515grams I don't know there because of that or because of the shaft or hosel or the putter head. I am not technically good enough for that, I would like to know though ever someone can tell me, its all at face balacend.can only say what I feel and taylormade feels better and putting improved.

Greetings
Putter hoofden en hosels.jpg

The Ping is a double bend and the Taylormade is a single bend.  Offset of both can be altered by how the shaft is installed.  There really isn't a hosel;  there is a stub to epoxy the shaft instead of boring  a hole in the head.    

As for one feeling better,   it is all about total weight, head weight, grip weight, and as you mentioned how it feels in the stroke.    There general recommendation is that people that have low rotation or minimal arc should be face balanced,  but in actual use some people may putt better with a putter that has more toe hang.   You have to try them all.   

3 hours ago, cnosil said:

The Ping is a double bend and the Taylormade is a single bend.  Offset of both can be altered by how the shaft is installed.  There really isn't a hosel;  there is a stub to epoxy the shaft instead of boring  a hole in the head.    

As for one feeling better,   it is all about total weight, head weight, grip weight, and as you mentioned how it feels in the stroke.    There general recommendation is that people that have low rotation or minimal arc should be face balanced,  but in actual use some people may putt better with a putter that has more toe hang.   You have to try them all.   

Yes then the technical information is wrong from the Ping.
Taylormade: singel bend ever buy is other putter then I pay attention to singel bend shafts.

The trainer at the club said Face Balanced putters are good for me, at Decathlon I also went and said pretty straight putts. Still other shop Face Balanced also came out best. Another thing I will try is a Blade putter Face Balanced. Will maybe be in summer when it's sales or end of season or next year.
Thank you for the feedback.
Have a nice golf weekend.
Christof