Testers Wanted! Takomo Long Game Clubs ×

Taylormade Ventus Shafts Vs REAL Velocore Ventus Shafts

I have a Taylormade Stealth plus 3 wood with the retail x stiff ventus shaft (Black shaft, red lines). I was wondering which Ventus. Velocore shaft would be most similar to this? Ventus Red or Blue?

Taylormade Stealth Plus 9 @ 8.25 Ventus TR Blue 6x

Taylormade Stealth plus 3-wood Ventus Blue 7x

Ping G410 3 Hybrid Hazardus Smoke Black Small Batch

P770 Kbs tour 4-PW

Vokey SM8 50F 54S 60M

Taylormade Spider EX Platinum

ProV1

I'll do a search and try to post it but TXG did a video comparing them.... Stock vs aftermarket.

Is the one that is in your 3 wood now not working?

A lot of ppl end up going with the red in fairways as it has a softer tip section and can help Launch the ball better in fairways.

In truth I don't think I would want something similar if I was looking to replace. I would want a marked improvement because of the money that would need to be forked over for a new shaft.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

10 hours ago, coolranch28 said:

I have a Taylormade Stealth plus 3 wood with the retail x stiff ventus shaft (Black shaft, red lines). I was wondering which Ventus. Velocore shaft would be most similar to this? Ventus Red or Blue?

Neither of the real velocore would be similar. The profiles of the velocore are completely different from the made for.

The bugged thing is in feel and overall stiffness. The velocore design is from a 70t flag that is used, this doesn’t exist in the TaylorMade version of the ventus red that you have.

To my knowledge there is no posted EI profile of the TaylorMade version and I’m not sure if golfshaftreviews has done it, but you would need to pay the $10 to join and find out.

When companies ask shaft manufacturers for a made for shaft it’s to use the name and/or paint scheme of a popular shaft but with specs that are designed for rhe avarage golfer which is someone with slower swing speed and needs help hitting the ball in the air. That is opposite of who the ventus velocore shaft is for

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

6 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I'll do a search and try to post it but TXG did a video comparing them.... Stock vs aftermarket.

Is the one that is in your 3 wood now not working?

A lot of ppl end up going with the red in fairways as it has a softer tip section and can help Launch the ball better in fairways.

In truth I don't think I would want something similar if I was looking to replace. I would want a marked improvement because of the money that would need to be forked over for a new shaft.

Great thank you! Honestly the retail shaft has been working pretty well. 

39 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Neither of the real velocore would be similar. The profiles of the velocore are completely different from the made for.

The bugged thing is in feel and overall stiffness. The velocore design is from a 70t flag that is used, this doesn’t exist in the TaylorMade version of the ventus red that you have.

To my knowledge there is no posted EI profile of the TaylorMade version and I’m not sure if golfshaftreviews has done it, but you would need to pay the $10 to join and find out.

When companies ask shaft manufacturers for a made for shaft it’s to use the name and/or paint scheme of a popular shaft but with specs that are designed for rhe avarage golfer which is someone with slower swing speed and needs help hitting the ball in the air. That is opposite of who the ventus velocore shaft is for

Gotcha thanks!

P770 Kbs tour 4-PW

Vokey SM8 50F 54S 60M

ProV1

14 hours ago, coolranch28 said:

I am a Fujikura Charter Dealer and Fitter, and have been working with Fujikura for almost 20 years, and even I cannot tell you about that proprietary Fujikura non-VeloCore shaft that is used by TaylorMade.  I do have the data on the Ventus Blue shafts that Callaway uses in their Rogue ST drivers and that Tour Edge has used in a variety of their drivers since 2021; however, Fujikura will not discuss or publish information regarding the OEM Ventus shafts that they sell to TaylorMade.

My best guess is that the TaylorMade OEM Ventus shaft is the same model that they sell to Callaway and Tour Edge, but with a different paint job.  IF THIS IS TRUE, your shaft weighs 75 grams, has 3.5 degrees of torque and a mid kick point. There is no Ventus TR shaft that is going to be close in feel, launch, performance, etc., but the closest would probably be the Ventus TR Blue 7X.  I prefer the Ventus TR Red Series shafts in fairway woods, but I also have a Ventus TR Blue 7S shaft in a Callaway Rogue ST LS 3 H/L fairway, and this shaft performs well in that clubhead; however, even with its 16.5* loft, that Rogue ST LS is a very low-launching and low-spin clubhead, and the shaft does not help in getting more spin and a higher launch and ball flight. Because of this, that 3 H/L is best-suited for use as a tee club (it also has a deeper face than any other Callaway fairway wood), and makes a reasonably good “wind cheater”.

I’m not sure that this information is going to be very helpful to you.  As I mentioned above, the information that I provided regarding the shaft that you have in your Stealth Plus 3w is only a guess, since Fujikura does not make detailed information available on the “made-for” TaylorMade Ventus shafts, even to its Charter Dealers.

Edited by funkyjudge
Typos

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

5 minutes ago, funkyjudge said:

I am a Fujikura Charter Dealer and Fitter, and have been working with Fujikura for almost 20 years, and even I cannot tell you about that proprietary Fujikura non-VeloCore shaft that is used by TaylorMade.  I do have the data on the Ventus Blue shafts that Callaway uses in their Rogue ST drivers and that Tour Edge has used in a variety of their drivers since 2021; however, Fujikura will not discuss or publish information regarding the OEM Ventus shafts that the sell to TaylorMade.

My best guess is that the TaylorMade OEM Ventus shaft is the same model that they sell to Callaway and Tour Edge, but with a different paint job.  IF THIS IS TRUE, your shaft weighs 75 grams, has 3.5 degrees of torque and a mid kick point. There is no Ventus TR shaft that is going to be close in feel, launch, performance, etc., but the closest would probably be the Ventus TR Blue 7X.  I prefer the Ventus TR Red &_Series shafts in fairway woods, but I also have a Ventus TR Blue 7S shaft in a Callaway Rogue ST LS 3 H/L fairway, and this shaft performs well in that clubhead; however, even with its 16.5* loft, that Rogue ST LS is a very low-launching and low-spin clubhead, and the shaft does not help in getting more spin and a higher launch and ball flight. Because of this, that 3 H/L is best-suited for use as a tee club (it also has a deeper face than any other Callaway fairway wood), and makes a reasonably good “wind cheater”.

I’m not sure that this information is going to be very helpful to you.  As I mentioned above, the information that I provided regarding the shaft that you have in your Stealth Plus 3w is only a guess, since Fujikura does not make detailed information available on the “made-for” TaylorMade Ventus shafts, even to its Charter Dealers.

Interesting, thanks for your insights!

P770 Kbs tour 4-PW

Vokey SM8 50F 54S 60M

ProV1

1 hour ago, coolranch28 said:

Interesting, thanks for your insights!

By the way, there is nothing “wrong” with those non-VeloCore OEM Ventus shafts!  The ones that they sell to Callaway and Tour Edge range from 3.7* to 4.1* torque in the lighter weights and softer flexes to 3.2* - 3.6* torque in the 70 and 80 Series weights (and below 3.0* in the 80 Series hybrid shafts), depending upon flex.  They just don’t have the ultra-rigid VeloCore material strategically placed throughout the length of the shafts.

I am able to purchase the non-VeloCore OEM shafts (not the TM version) in both the Red and Blue profiles as components. I’ve fitted several golfers into these far less-expensive shafts and they have performed quite well for the golfers who are using them. No complaints and much positive feedback has come from these golfers … and the cost of the non-VeloCore shafts is less than half (actually about 40%) of the cost of the Ventus and Ventus TR shafts with VeloCore.

Spoiler

On 8/6/2023 at 10:57 AM, funkyjudge said:

By the way, there is nothing “wrong” with those non-VeloCore OEM Ventus shafts!  The ones that they sell to Callaway and Tour Edge range from 3.7* to 4.1* torque in the lighter weights and softer flexes to 3.2* - 3.6* torque in the 70 and 80 Series weights (and below 3.0* in the 80 Series hybrid shafts), depending upon flex.  They just don’t have the ultra-rigid VeloCore material strategically placed throughout the length of the shafts.

I am able to purchase the non-VeloCore OEM shafts (not the TM version) in both the Red and Blue profiles as components. I’ve fitted several golfers into these far less-expensive shafts and they have performed quite well for the golfers who are using them. No complaints and much positive feedback has come from these golfers … and the cost of the non-VeloCore shafts is less than half (actually about 40%) of the cost of the Ventus and Ventus TR shafts with VeloCore.

I had a similar question as OP as I was looking to get more info on the Ventus Red (Non-Velo) on the OG Stealth 3W. Price was too good to pass up and bought without trying but will hopefully get to the range in the next week or so to try out. Thanks for the info!

On 8/6/2023 at 10:57 AM, funkyjudge said:

Bought a Ebay Stealth hi loft 3 wood with the red Ventus regular flex and I like it at least as much maybe more than any stock shaft I have played, thought about finding a takeoff driver shaft and getting the adapter switched for my Ping 430 just to see what it would do with it.

Ping 430 Max H/L 10 Degree Geezer Flex

Ping 425 7 wood Geezer Flex

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Titlist 5-Gap T300's Geezer Flex

Wedges Cleveland RTX Fullface Zipcore 52 degree and TM Hi Toe 4 56 degree

Putter Scotty Cameron Golo S Center Shafted

Ball Bridgestone BXS , Trying The Maxfli Tour S also

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag

57 minutes ago, Fred Mitchell said:

Bought a Ebay Stealth hi loft 3 wood with the red Ventus regular flex and I like it at least as much maybe more than any stock shaft I have played, thought about finding a takeoff driver shaft and getting the adapter switched for my Ping 430 just to see what it would do with it.

I would stay with what works, and that stock OEM Ventus shaft seems to work for you.

Spoiler