Stealth 2 shorter than SIM 2?

Scott Lyons

Fitting question I can’t seem to get a good answer to. I have a 8 degree sim 2 driver with Ventus black 7x TR shaft. I recently bought a stealth 2 8 degree head thinking it might show a little advancement. I found the new head shorter and spinier (600-700 rpm more spin on GC3). Have you seen any situations where the carbon face or something else with the stealth 2 to cause this? (Avg swing speed 123mph seeing differences of 10-15 yard shorter carry.) thanks as always

Classic over thinker with a bushnell launch pro golf sim in the garage. (Always making changes) 

driver: sim2 8degree, 7x Ventus black tr …..fairway woods: 3 wood sim max, x stiff project x shaf……taylormade 2 iron p790 UDI, x stiff project x shaft….Taylormade 4 hybrid M1 ….Mizuno mp 20 HMB irons… vokey wedges, directed force LAB putter 

18 minutes ago, Scott Lyons said:

Fitting question I can’t seem to get a good answer to. I have a 8 degree sim 2 driver with Ventus black 7x TR shaft. I recently bought a stealth 2 8 degree head thinking it might show a little advancement. I found the new head shorter and spinier (600-700 rpm more spin on GC3). Have you seen any situations where the carbon face or something else with the stealth 2 to cause this? (Avg swing speed 123mph seeing differences of 10-15 yard shorter carry.) thanks as always

Swinging that fast it can be the most small things in strike and swing characteristics that can change spin that much.

Could be as simple as the profile of the Stealth 2 is causing you to hit fractionally Heel or low causing that spin to climb.

⛳🛄 as of Oct 5, 2024 (Past WITB
Driver:  :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ - check out the Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ shaft (still love my Cobra F7's)

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron                                

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,57 or :titleist-small: SM10 45,49,53,57 degree wedges

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png LINK! Full putter shootout incoming

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Golf Bag: Ghost Anyday 5.0 Golf bag - Maverick colorway with MGS Logo

Other: Vortex Anarch Rangefinder, searching for electric cart, Red Rooster The Root Glove and more

Yea. Certainly could be the case. These were 15 shot averages, but I did remove the outliers 

perplexing 

Classic over thinker with a bushnell launch pro golf sim in the garage. (Always making changes) 

driver: sim2 8degree, 7x Ventus black tr …..fairway woods: 3 wood sim max, x stiff project x shaf……taylormade 2 iron p790 UDI, x stiff project x shaft….Taylormade 4 hybrid M1 ….Mizuno mp 20 HMB irons… vokey wedges, directed force LAB putter 

Hmm I haven't noticed much of a difference between my SIM 2 Max and Stealth 2 (both 10.5 and almost identical shafts).  However, I just got the Stealth 2 last week and have only had it out a couple of times. BTW I much prefer the sound of the Stealth 2. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

If I recall one of the knocks on the SIM and original Stealth drivers was forgiveness and I know a focus they put into the Stealth2 was forgiveness which spin adds forgiveness so that could be by design. But as @GolfSpy_APH said a small difference in strike or face angle could be it as well. 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test