What Does Your Golf Club Have? Course Features and more!

GolfSpy_APH

What does your home golf club have? Restaurant, driving range, Pro Shop, practice facilities and more. What does your golf course have that may be unique or make it stand out?

The home course I play at is pretty cool. It isn't actually called a Golf Course, it is called a Golf Park. Here are some of the things it has listed below!

18 Hole Championship Course

6 Hole Championship Course

9 hole Par 3 Course. 

Dual Sided driving range with automatic ball dispensers and 20 covered bays. South side is all mats, North side is grass. 

2 designated chipping areas with bunkers. 

2 designated putting areas that are both quite large. 

Restaurant

Proshop

Teach Academy with trackman coaches and more. 

However for me it is the little things that really make the difference. They have a wash station at the course (I mentioned this on the community call and it doesnt seem many have this)

It is a complete wash station for after the round with boot cleaners, air compressors for carts, shoes and bags, water rumble strip to knock mud and such off, swiss water well which you can clear your clubs in, another machine for cleaning the golf clubs which always has a line and more. It is this small thing that really impressed me and admittedly is one of my favorite parts about the course. 

PXL_20231101_150828297.jpg

PXL_20231101_150830187.jpg

PXL_20231101_150835303.jpg

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

My home course (Lago Vista Golf Course)

18 hole course.  It used to be 36 holes but over the years has gone from city owned to private and now just one is open and owned by the city.

Driving range with mats

Putting green and chipping area.

We also have a club cleaning station at the driving range. 

Pro shop

Bar and grill

My course is not a fancy club and with the conditions of some of the greens we get some traffic but it's never super busy during the week.

The best part is, it's 5 min from the house and I can finish 9 in an hour and be back home to get work done.

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

One local public course in the area has a footgolf course setup within the regular golf holes.  I think it would be interesting to play a round hitting golf balls to the 'cups' sized for soccer balls and see what the score would be!   😄

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

I’m at Riverton CC in NJ, we just updated everything, the course was redone to the original Donald Ross design, all the bunkers and designs are within a couple feet of the original specs, they also added a brand new pool with an outdoor bar cafe, they tried to make it look like a swim resort which is nice. Also added a brand new club house with a second floor bar and lounge area. The old club house is now being remodel to add two simulators and a lounge spot. We also have tennis and pickle ball courts and a three lane bowling alley. We also have a small range that is only 160 yards, no which sucks but it is what it is. We have two putting greens and a chipping area, we have the air compressors for shoe cleaning. I’ll add picks next time I go there , really a nice course with really good people. 

Edited by Nolan220

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

My club is known for having some of the best practice facilities in the area.  Huge grass driving range, covered heated bays on one side, TurfHound mats for winter usage, indoor simulator during the winter, nice short game and bunker practice areas, and four practice greens.  Range balls are TP5's, which is nice.

Also known for having fast, well-kept greens throughout the year.

We get a lot of manufacturer days as well, which are great to try things out throughout the season.

Our dining/bar/pool is good, but nothing exceptional.  New chef is trying to change that, though.  The club really has a reputation of being a golfer's club more than a social one.

:callaway-logo-1:Mavrik 10.5* :projectx: HZRDS T800 Orange 60 6.0

:taylormade-small: RocketBallz Stage 2 3W

:mizuno-small:ST-Z 5W :projectx: EvenFlow 5.5

:srixon-small: ZX Utility 23*, UST Recoil F3

:titleist-small:T300 :projectx: LZ 5.5, 5-PW

:mizuno-small: T22 Copper Denim :truetemper: DG R300, 52* 56*

:vokey-small: SM9 :truetemper: DG R300, 60*

:odyssey-small: Strokelabs One

:vice: Pro Soft

Here in Fairfield Glade, we don't have a home course. It's more like a home resort. 🙂

Wyndham Resort section if you're a member with them.

5 18-hole championship courses

Each course has a driving range and putting green.

2 courses have chipping areas with bunkers.

Indoor Trackman studio, rentable for practice or virtual play.

Each course has a pro shop.

Each course has a snack bar, both snacks and regular food (to some degree).

The original course also has a full restaurant and separate bar.

Tennis courts, Pickleball courts, fitness center, meeting center, multiple pools (including an adults only pool), art center, library, tiny mall, multiple restaurants, fire department, police department, multiple churches of various denominations, dozens of miles of various walking trails, multiple lakes with largest one having it's own marina, outside amphitheater, and health center.

Epson Tour event each July.

$41/round member green fees, which includes carts.

Beautiful scenery year round (but man is fall gorgeous!).

Driver: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver, 11.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
or
Driver: :callaway-small: Ai Smoke Ti 340 Mini Driver, 11.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 70g
Fairways: :mizuno-small: ST230 Max 3w / 5w / 7w, 15* / 18* / 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 70g
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: ST230 Max 5H (25*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX, 80g
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour CG, Personally Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder & Testing the Vortex Anarch Rangefinder.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/item/388-excellent-used-sub70-939x-4-hybrid-hzrdus-smoke-black-90g-60-mcc4-mid/
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/item/387-excellent-used-sub70-939x-3-hybrid-hzrdus-smoke-black-90g-60-mcc4-mid/
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/item/386-excellent-used-sub70-949x-5-wood-hzrdus-smoke-blue-rdx-60g-60-mcc4-mid/
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/item/385-excellent-used-sub70-949x-3-wood-hzrdus-smoke-red-rdx-70g-60-mcc4-mid/
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/item/369-takomo-101-4-pw-dg120-s300-excellent-condition

My club has a pretty nice parkland style sort of old school course, a bunch of nice members and a bunch of nice country club amenities - including a pretty well equipped gym! - all included with membership, but...

One thing it's missing is a practice bunker... ☹️ (..and not do I need one of those!!)

Also would be nice to have a dedicated short game practice area if we're making a wish list 😉

.. although there is some talk about possibly putting in a practice bunker. Somewhere. TBD.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08; Tour Edge 1-Out
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll RR5
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

13 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

My club has a pretty nice parkland style sort of old school course, a bunch of nice members and a bunch of nice country club amenities - including a pretty well equipped gym! - all included with membership, but...

One thing it's missing is a practice bunker... ☹️ (..and not do I need one of those!!)

Also would be nice to have a dedicated short game practice area if we're making a wish list 😉

.. although there is some talk about possibly putting in a practice bunker. Somewhere. TBD.

It's amazing how important that little pitching/chipping area is. It doesn't have to be super fancy or huge or anything, just a simple green with a few holes and enough space around it to work on 10yd and in chips.

I didn't really use them much before, but as I'm learning more and more (thanks Lou Stagner and his weekly emails), the road to a lower handicap starts with a better short game (lowest hanging fruit anyway). I didn't want to think about all those duffed chips I'd have around the green and how much it affected my scores. I'd guess it would easily be 3-5 strokes a round if not more where I'd stick the leading edge or heel into the ground and the ball would go 6 inches or I'd blade it and the ball would go racing across the green just to have to try again. Those kill a score super quick.

I found some really good chipping vids on YT talking about various techniques to work on those short chips and it's really helped me a lot this year. I haven't had hardly any of those duffs in the last dozen or so rounds. I even gave my dad a little "lesson" on one of our chipping areas here to help him with some of the same issues.

Hopefully one of the chipping areas and a couple putting greens will remain open here in the offseason so I can go practice on nicer days.

Driver: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver, 11.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
or
Driver: :callaway-small: Ai Smoke Ti 340 Mini Driver, 11.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 70g
Fairways: :mizuno-small: ST230 Max 3w / 5w / 7w, 15* / 18* / 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 70g
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: ST230 Max 5H (25*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX, 80g
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour CG, Personally Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder & Testing the Vortex Anarch Rangefinder.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/item/388-excellent-used-sub70-939x-4-hybrid-hzrdus-smoke-black-90g-60-mcc4-mid/
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/item/387-excellent-used-sub70-939x-3-hybrid-hzrdus-smoke-black-90g-60-mcc4-mid/
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/item/386-excellent-used-sub70-949x-5-wood-hzrdus-smoke-blue-rdx-60g-60-mcc4-mid/
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/item/385-excellent-used-sub70-949x-3-wood-hzrdus-smoke-red-rdx-70g-60-mcc4-mid/
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/item/369-takomo-101-4-pw-dg120-s300-excellent-condition

My club will have a new clubhouse and halfway house beginning of next season. Large driving range. Has mats and grass. Large putting and chipping green. The course itself would be considered links style. Greens and fairways are always in very nice shape. The sand traps are usually average but this year they were definitely a step up. It is challenging. Two of the par 4s have island greens. They switch tee boxes around often so the course plays a little different each time you play. Some nice elevation changes. The course is surrounded by wetlands and some large expensive home. Plenty of wildlife to watch. New carts this year which will look nice in the new cart barn they are also building.

D- Tour Edge EXS 220

4W- Sub 70 949X

Hybrid- Sub 70 949X

Utility- Sub 70 699 U  21 degree

Irons- Sub 70 749 5-PW

Wedges- Sub 70 286 50+54, Tour Edge 1 out 58 degree 

Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach soft # 11

Ball- Titleist Tour Soft