JumboMax Grips Users Group

I have converted to the Large Tours for my driver and 3 wood and will be switching over to my hybrid once I settle on the shaft I am going to role in that as a gamer.  I am in the process of trying to decide what I want to do for my irons as I have a new set coming in and am not sure if I am going to go the same with the larges or drop down a size or two as I like a tighter grip on my irons to maintain control but want to see if the larger grips with less grip pressure help me compensate my tendency to toe my irons.

I would love to know if anyone who has used the LG size tours and switched over to the str8 techs if they went to the medium or the xl I have pretty big hands xxl gloves (xl cadets if they have them) so the increased grip size has helped me but I have found when I tried the xl's that they did not sit as well in the palm as the large.

Patrick Dawes

I have had the Large, Medium and Small in the Tour Series model.

This time, I'm trying the SM size in the Str8 Tour model.

I'm relying on the advice of their Grip Fitting Tool...

After retiring from the PGA of America, I did some demo days and club fitting for various OEMs.

15 hours ago, Patrick Dawes said:

I would love to know if anyone who has used the LG size tours and switched over to the str8 techs if they went to the medium or the xl I have pretty big hands xxl gloves (xl cadets if they have them) so the increased grip size has helped me but I have found when I tried the xl's that they did not sit as well in the palm as the large.

The first one I got was an XL Tour I put on the 3 Wood, and I liked it (moved it over to my driving iron) but I prefer the non-tapered so went with STR8techs when I did the full set and went with mediums and love them.  I used their online fitting tool, and it suggested Large for the Driver and Medium for irons, but large isn't an option in the STR8's so I contacted them and heard back from their VP who suggested going with the medium and I'm glad I did.  

Honma TW 757S (9*)

Honma TW757 3h (18*)

Honma TW757 4h (21*)

TItleist T200 (2021) 5-AW

Taylormade MG4 (52*)

Vokey SM8 (56*, 60*)

Odyssey DFX Doublewide

Maxfli Tour X

On 7/12/2024 at 12:29 PM, Burningbush said:

Do you need a larger bag to accommodate the larger grips?

I've got a Sun Mountain 14 way divider stand bag, and have STR8 Tech Size Medium on 11 of my 14 clubs and haven't had any issues.  The only time it gets stuck/tight is if I put 2 clubs in one slot (messing around with FW vs Hybrid vs Driving iron i'll bring more than 14 clubs).  But even then I can get two of them in the same slot.  The one other time is if I cinch the cart strap really tight and it constricts the bag but that happened even with my MCC+4s

Honma TW 757S (9*)

Honma TW757 3h (18*)

Honma TW757 4h (21*)

Taylormade MG4 (52*)

Vokey SM8 (56*, 60*)

Odyssey DFX Doublewide

Maxfli Tour X

55 minutes ago, racingdaly said:

The one other time is if I cinch the cart strap really tight and it constricts the bag but that happened even with my MCC+4s

I will second that. That's really the only time that I've had an issue with not being able to get clubs in and out easily, when I've tightened the cart strap too tight. On my pushcart it isn't an issue because the straps go around the top and bottom frame of the bag.

WITB (link to detailed post here):

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter: LABLogo_25px.png.d348c70a35f07dfed1742feb45210a2f.png DF3 OFFICIAL MEMBER REVIEW HERE ‘24

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

Got my order of JumboMax Tour Str8's in XS at 4p yesterday and they were on my clubs by 6p!

Taking them out today for their maiden voyage.

I give a full report later.

IMG_7628.jpeg

Edited by ShimmyCocoBop

After retiring from the PGA of America, I did some demo days and club fitting for various OEMs.

1 minute ago, ShimmyCocoBop said:

Got my order of JumboMax Tour Str8's in XS at 4p yesterday and they were on my clubs by 6p!

Taking them out today for their maiden voyage.

I give a full report later.

IMG_7628.jpeg

Nice! If you are not planning on using Arccos sensors in the end, you can buy blanking caps. Or just leave it as is if it doesn't bother you.

I really like the STR8 tour grips. Haven't yet pulled the pin on a full set, as haven't decided whether to stick with irons and wedges having midsize GP Tour Velvet Plus4 with 3-4 extra wraps underneath to beef it up.

2024 WITB:

Driver::callaway-logo-1: Ai Smoke 🔹🔹🔹 Max 9* (@8*) w. Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X //or// stock Denali 60g 6.5

FW woods: :titleist-small:TSR2+ 13* '2W' w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X & TSR2 21* 7W w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

Hybrid: :taylormade-small:Stealth+ 3H (@18*) w. Project X Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 80/6.5

Irons: :taylormade-small: 5i-PW: '17 P790 w. KBS Tour C-Taper Lite 115X (Currently Testing: :taylormade-small: 4i-PW: 2024 P770 w. Project X T Rifle 6.0 (+1/4"))

Wedges: :taylormade-small: 50/09 MG4; 56/12 MG4TW Raw; :vokey-small:SM9 60/04L

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X7 w. GolfPride Reverse Taper Pistol Med grip

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x // Maxfli Tour X

Other: :Arccos:. Gogogo Sport V-Pro rangefinder;  :Ogio: Woode Hybrid Stand Bag; :BagBoy: Nitron push cart.

2024 Tests:

"...pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'cause there's bugger all down here on Earth!"- Eric Idle

I like a real big putter grip, it lowers the twisting tendency.  But use mid-size on others, it is correct for my finger size.  I have hit jumbos and reg , but mid is the right one for me hand & finger.  I see the value of jumbo if you have arthritis in fingers. 

#1  PXG 0211 10.5 deg, Evnflo Riptide CB 40 gram A flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr,  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram A flex.

5W : Titleist TSi 1,    Aldila Ascent 40 regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC Fli-Hi 3i 18 degree, Recoil 95 reg flex.

4 iron:  GFF Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree forged hollow body,  Aerotech Steelfiber 😍😃💥.

5 Hybrid: Mizuno (2017) JPX Fli-Hi wave tech, Recoil ESX 460 reg flex.

Irons: 6 - PW: Ping I 500, on Recoil Smacwrap ES 760, reg flex.

Wedges: 2 x Mizuno S5 52/09.  1@ 50 deg, 1@ 54 deg; New (July 2024) Mizu ES 21, 58 x 08, jet black.

Chipper: Don Martin "Up n In" brass/bronze. 🙂

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, with 2 piece Stroke Lab multi material shaft.🙃💘

So here is my first review of my new JumboMax STR8 grips:

Pros: They feel great! (1)The sizing is perfect (XS per the JMX Fitting Tool) and (2) I like the non tapered option. (3) I played in very hot, humid weather yesterday and I had no problem  getting traction with the grip surface. (4) I had 11 irons and a putter (regular small rubber grip) in the bag and I had no problem with club tangle or space.

Cons: Being my first round with JMX grips in 4 or 5 years and having been accustomed to strangling the smaller grips rubber grips because of the size and the increasing arthritis in my knuckles, I felt like I was unnecessarily strangling the JMX's.  I was unintentionally fighting them for the 11 holes I played - due to an impending thunderstorm.  I did hit some nice drives and iron shots, but a relaxed grip is not yet instinctive to my hands. I am hoping this will tendency fade with more playing and practicing. I did notice less after-round effects (pain) from the JMX's.

My goal is to reduce grip pressure from a 7 out of 10 to a 4 out of 10.  I know that if I do, not only will my hands feel better, but I will be more of a swinger and less of a hitter and that will directly affect my scoring results.

On 7/20/2024 at 5:30 PM, ShimmyCocoBop said:

So here is my first review of my new JumboMax STR8 grips:

Pros: They feel great! (1)The sizing is perfect (XS per the JMX Fitting Tool) and (2) I like the non tapered option. (3) I played in very hot, humid weather yesterday and I had no problem  getting traction with the grip surface. (4) I had 11 irons and a putter (regular small rubber grip) in the bag and I had no problem with club tangle or space.

Cons: Being my first round with JMX grips in 4 or 5 years and having been accustomed to strangling the smaller grips rubber grips because of the size and the increasing arthritis in my knuckles, I felt like I was unnecessarily strangling the JMX's.  I was unintentionally fighting them for the 11 holes I played - due to an impending thunderstorm.  I did hit some nice drives and iron shots, but a relaxed grip is not yet instinctive to my hands. I am hoping this will tendency fade with more playing and practicing. I did notice less after-round effects (pain) from the JMX's.

My goal is to reduce grip pressure from a 7 out of 10 to a 4 out of 10.  I know that if I do, not only will my hands feel better, but I will be more of a swinger and less of a hitter and that will directly affect my scoring results.

Great initial review and continue to keep us updated!

I felt the grip pressure difference the most when doing a long range session (100+ balls). Usually my forearms and wrists are noticeably tired after something like that, but with the JMX grips they were not. 

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter: LABLogo_25px.png.d348c70a35f07dfed1742feb45210a2f.png DF3 OFFICIAL MEMBER REVIEW HERE ‘24

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

Day 2 with my JumboMax STR8 grips:

I got to play 10 1/2 holes before rain and hit 9 fairways and 8 greens in regulation. My distance and accuracy was satisfying.

One of my goals was to have a 4 out of 10 grip pressure, and that was very difficult due to high temps and humidity.  I use FootJoy rain gloves because I perspire so much, and they really help.  Even though the rain started about half way into the day, between the rain gloves and the JMS STR8's, my grip was secure.  

In reality, my grip was secure with the 4 out of 10 grip pressure.  Mentally, I still have trouble believing that my hands won't slip. I'm sure that continued quality results will convince my brain to be confident of non-slippage.

Additionally, I noticed NO ILL EFFECTS from perspiration or rain on the STR8s - I didn't feel the need to towel them off between shots like I do with rubber or plastic grips. That is one place for sure that a larger grip has an advantage - and the STR8s passed with flying colors.

Club tangle is not a problem with the STR8s, but please remember that I only carry 11 clubs and a putter in my TaylorMade Flex stand bag. Someday, I hope to find the perfect hybrid bag that works great for walking, riding or pulling.

Finally, I'm monitoring my "golfer's elbow" pain, and will post more on that as I continue using the JumboMax grips.   My arthritic knuckles already appreciate these new grips, but the elbow issues will have to improve for this experiment to be a total success.  

Durability will be the next factor I study.

JumboMax – A Beginner Golfers Review

Let me start with a little background. I played pretty regularly for about 2 years. I took lessons, sought feedback from friends, read books and articles. For some reason gripping the clubs always seemed like the biggest challenge to me, so much so that it effected my enjoyment quite a bit. After not picking up a club for about 6 years I got tricked into hitting some golf balls and realized I didn’t remember much from before, and figured it was a good place to pick back up. I would keep up with golf and have always enjoyed watching it. Noticing Bryson Dechambeau’s Jumbomax grips I bought a couple, dusted off my old 7 and PW and hit the range. They worked so well for me I installed them on all my clubs (sans SW and GW). I should note that prior to switching out all my grips, I would alternate between a club with a standard golf grip and the Jumbomax to make sure it was really for me. Here is my review on the ones I have used. And for reference, I have played or hit the range 4-5 times a week for the last few months.

Tour Series (Medium on 6,7,Driver///X-Small on PW) – These grips are the heaviest on the list (Medium is 110g compared to the Ultralite at 47g. A Golf Pride MCC is 47.5g), and initially the difference was quite noticeable. Since I have been using them quite a lot, I don’t notice the difference as much, expect when using a club with the JMX Ultralite grip or a club with a traditional grip. To me it’s the perfect amount of tacky. When wearing a glove, the material doesn’t feel like its bunching up when gripping, and you can still get good feel. I’m not a pro, but the swing weight is obviously going to be off and I’m unsure how much that will affect someone at my level.

JMX Ultralite (Medium on 9, 3W, 3H) – Weighing in at 47g these are misleadingly light. I enjoy the feel of these clubs as they are a bit softer, and my only complaint is I wish the texture was a little rougher or tackier, but its such a minor detail to me that it wouldn’t stop me from equipping these on future clubs. The feedback is great and the material feels sturdy. Realistically, once I get my swing speeds where I need them to be I may put the Ultralites on all my clubs.  

JMX Ultralite STR8 Tech (8 iron) At only a 2g difference over the traditional tapered grip Ultralite I gave the STR8 Tech a go on my 8 iron. I enjoy the non-tapered feel with my right hand (I’m a right handed golfer). My strikes feel very consistent and hand placement isn’t an issue. For me there was no real adjustment, and my grip doesn’t feel that much different. The biggest benefit I found is my hands seems to get into a comfortable place a little quicker and my grip feels a little less like I’m Homer choking Bart.

The largest improvement I have seen with these grips is consistency by comfort, which in turn builds my confidence. These alone may not be an overnight success with some, but the Jumbomax Grips have enabled me to keep practicing and improving, and for that I am happy to write a good review. While I can see the shade being thrown by those that stick with tradition in “normal sized” grips and rebuking a different way to do something I have to interject my two cents. Trying to criticize others for using a Jumbomax grip then they should go back to using wooden drivers, wound golf balls and ditch the golf cart. The gatekeeping in golf is crazy, but don’t let that keep you from trying something that might help you enjoy playing more. I am here for fun and good times with good people.

Here's my current equipment because that's important. I will preface this that I got everything in here on-sale.

Irons - Cobra LTDX 

Wedges - 56 deg. Nike // 60 deg Titlist 

Wood - M2 3W 

Driver - PXG Gen 5 9. 60 R

Glove - Not Michael Jackson, not gonna wear one glove. (jk just a personal preference) 

Bag - Snagged a brand new Titleist bag for $50 on Facebook. 

On 7/23/2024 at 2:13 PM, ShimmyCocoBop said:

Finally, I'm monitoring my "golfer's elbow" pain, and will post more on that as I continue using the JumboMax grips.   My arthritic knuckles already appreciate these new grips, but the elbow issues will have to improve for this experiment to be a total success.  

Had a bout of golfer's elbow last year and based on a recommendation I found on some forum, tried the Theraband Flexbar and it helped a lot.  you basically twist and untwist it, and doing that for a while alleviated the pain for me. Now if it ever starts to flare up, I break it out. So if you haven't tried it it might be worth giving it a shot.  I went with the green version because I think the green and blue (heavier resistance) are the ones they recommend for golfer's elbow/tennis elbow.

Honma TW 757S (9*)

Honma TW757 3h (18*)

Honma TW757 4h (21*)

Taylormade MG4 (52*)

Vokey SM8 (56*, 60*)

Odyssey DFX Doublewide

Maxfli Tour X

Its been awhile since I posted on this, but really glad to see folks trying out and enjoying the "Jumbo Max" life!

I recently picked up a few of the Ultralight version of the grip to experiment a bit more and am finding that I am really liking them more than I originally did. More to come on that (also some pictures when I get home and get a few things regripped)

WITB (Current 2024):

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10k 10.5, HZRDUS Hulk 6 PVD (X-Flex)

Wood(s): Taylormade Burner Mini Driver 13.5, HZRDUS Blue (X-Flex)

Hybrid/Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 2 (18 degrees), Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome X-Flex

Irons: Ping i230 4-PW, Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: Ping S159 (50), Taylormade MG4 TW (56) (60)

Putter: LAB Mezz Max Armlock

Ball: Titleist Prov1x Left Dash/Vice Pro Plus

Hey all! I've had JumboMax on my whole set for almost two months now, here's my first impressions: 

Pros: the all black Tour Series really look good. I was never a fan of the black/green grips that you see most often online or in videos, but the blacked out really make the JMax kind of incognito. 

I've adjusted to the size very quickly, this was really a pretty seamless transition for me. I don't have huge hands, so the standard jumbo feel very natural even being oversized. Grip pressure feels very light and natural as well, which leads to the biggest pro...

I haven't had any elbow or wrist pain at all. Is this correlation or causation, I can't be totally sure. I guess time will tell, but I can't overlook it and not add it as a pro here. 

The feel is very tacky, which is nice in the hot, humid Missouri summer! I feel very in control when it's hot, or when in a nasty lie in the rough.

The first grip I tested and still have on my driver was an UltraLight non-tapered grip in the XS. I didn't feel like cutting it off yet to make it match the rest of the set, but actually found I like the non-taper for when I tee it down and choke up for more of a fairway finder driver shot.  

Cons: I really don't have any! The oversized nature of the grips seems to feel very natural for me, even though I've never used them before. And if I continue to be free from the wrist pain, they'll definitely stay on my gamers! 

WITB!!!

Driver: Stealth+, 9*, Fujikura Ventus black shaft

3 wood: TM Sim Max, 15*

5 wood: Sub70 Pro Version 2, 18*

4-PW: PXG gen 3 combo set. 4-6 are P’s. 7-PW are T’s

50* and 54* wedges: Callaway MD5 Jaws

60*: Cleveland full face CBX

Putter: LAB Golf DF 2.1 

Grips: JumboMax Tour version, standard jumbo, blackout colorway

So it dawned on me the other day that I am only 9 over par in the 118 holes I have played since switching to the JMX zen Lite grips. Now I can’t attribute that all to the grips as it has not been the only change but I am really liking them and I definitely can’t complain with my results. 

Edited by ZackS

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

3 hours ago, ZackS said:

So it dawned on me the other day that I am only 9 over par in the 118 holes I have played since switching to the JMX zen Lite grips. Now I can’t attribute that all to the grips as it has not been the only change but I am really liking them and I definitely can’t complain with my results. 

Solid!!

WITB!!!

21 hours ago, Jesse_Land said:

Hey all! I've had JumboMax on my whole set for almost two months now, here's my first impressions: 

Pros: the all black Tour Series really look good. I was never a fan of the black/green grips that you see most often online or in videos, but the blacked out really make the JMax kind of incognito. 

I've adjusted to the size very quickly, this was really a pretty seamless transition for me. I don't have huge hands, so the standard jumbo feel very natural even being oversized. Grip pressure feels very light and natural as well, which leads to the biggest pro...

I haven't had any elbow or wrist pain at all. Is this correlation or causation, I can't be totally sure. I guess time will tell, but I can't overlook it and not add it as a pro here. 

The feel is very tacky, which is nice in the hot, humid Missouri summer! I feel very in control when it's hot, or when in a nasty lie in the rough.

The first grip I tested and still have on my driver was an UltraLight non-tapered grip in the XS. I didn't feel like cutting it off yet to make it match the rest of the set, but actually found I like the non-taper for when I tee it down and choke up for more of a fairway finder driver shot.  

Cons: I really don't have any! The oversized nature of the grips seems to feel very natural for me, even though I've never used them before. And if I continue to be free from the wrist pain, they'll definitely stay on my gamers! 

That is a great review! Thanks for sharing and I'm glad that you're not having wrist pain anymore. I agree with not being a big fan of the colorway's. I do want to test out the wrap series because 1. there is not a seam and 2. it's simple black and white. 

45 minutes ago, jbern said:

That is a great review! Thanks for sharing and I'm glad that you're not having wrist pain anymore. I agree with not being a big fan of the colorway's. I do want to test out the wrap series because 1. there is not a seam and 2. it's simple black and white. 

I’ve thought the same thing about the Wraps, and for that exact same reason. It’s just that the wraps are the heaviest of the JMax grips, and I don’t love that. Let us know if you give that one a go! 

WITB!!!

1 hour ago, Jesse_Land said:

I’ve thought the same thing about the Wraps, and for that exact same reason. It’s just that the wraps are the heaviest of the JMax grips, and I don’t love that. Let us know if you give that one a go! 

I have the STR8 tour wraps on my 3W and 3H. Medium on the 3W, XS on the hybrid. Small wasn’t available and I thought I’d try the XS. I really like both of them. Both my 3W and 3H have heavier x-stiff shafts (approx 75g and 85g respectively iirc), so the heavier grips don’t feel like they are detrimental. I don’t yet have a wrap on the driver. I have an x-small STR8 tour (black and green) grip on there for now, but I have a medium wrap waiting to go on at some point. 
I like the feel of the wrap. Softer and more cushioned than the other STR8 grips, but not too much. I have GP tour velvet grips on my irons and wedges for now so they are a little softer than some alternatives I’ve used before. 
I’m waiting for league season to end in a few weeks before I try JMX STR8 grips on an iron and wedge and make a full-set decision. I’ll then have fall and winter to really adapt tp the JMX grips on all clubs. For the irons and wedges I’m going to try the STR8 tour, not the tour wrap. 

2024 WITB:

Driver::callaway-logo-1: Ai Smoke 🔹🔹🔹 Max 9* (@8*) w. Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X //or// stock Denali 60g 6.5

FW woods: :titleist-small:TSR2+ 13* '2W' w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X & TSR2 21* 7W w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

Hybrid: :taylormade-small:Stealth+ 3H (@18*) w. Project X Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 80/6.5

Irons: :taylormade-small: 5i-PW: '17 P790 w. KBS Tour C-Taper Lite 115X (Currently Testing: :taylormade-small: 4i-PW: 2024 P770 w. Project X T Rifle 6.0 (+1/4"))

Wedges: :taylormade-small: 50/09 MG4; 56/12 MG4TW Raw; :vokey-small:SM9 60/04L

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X7 w. GolfPride Reverse Taper Pistol Med grip

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x // Maxfli Tour X

Other: :Arccos:. Gogogo Sport V-Pro rangefinder;  :Ogio: Woode Hybrid Stand Bag; :BagBoy: Nitron push cart.

2024 Tests:

"...pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'cause there's bugger all down here on Earth!"- Eric Idle

An update on my jury-rigged solution to applying Shot Scope tags to the STR8 Tech Tour grips(original post for reference😞 While they looked good, the JMX end caps are far from secure.  After a few rounds, I managed to lose about half of my tags. No problem with the tags staying affixed to the caps, the problem was the caps popping out of the grips.  At first, I thought they dropped out into the bottom of my bag, but no dice. Finally, I noticed one popping out during a swing. 

Luckily I have an extra set of tags, and thought about gluing the caps into the grips but didn't want to have to buy more, so I decided to take a different approach.  I just cut the ends off of them.  I wasn't crazy about the loose/squishy feel of the arccos well/cavity, and I think it was affecting my grip (specifically regarding choking down on the club) since it sticks off the end.  So off with the extra material, and in with the replacement tags.  Now they sit flush against the end of the grip which is now at the end of the shaft. Should be playing a round on Friday so we'll see how it goes...

PXL_20240815_032212349.RAW-01.COVER.jpg.6f6c9befef559485940c940fb73d5d59.jpg

Edited by racingdaly
spelling

Honma TW 757S (9*)

Honma TW757 3h (18*)

Honma TW757 4h (21*)

Taylormade MG4 (52*)

Vokey SM8 (56*, 60*)

Odyssey DFX Doublewide

Maxfli Tour X

• 1 month later...

I’ve been finding myself death gripping my clubs, and I’ve always wondered why the grip is tapered.  I may be trying the STR8 tech soon, probably in medium.

Driver: Callway Rogue St Triple Diamond 9*

2 HY: Mizuno STZ 230 16* (set to 13.75)

2 Iron: Taylormade UDI 17*

Irons: 2019 Titleist T100S 3-PW

Wedges: Vokey SM6 54* and SM9 48* / Taylormade MG3 TW 56*

Putter: PING Anser 

Ball: Pro V1

Bag: Jones 

9 hours ago, Shankster said:

I’ve been finding myself death gripping my clubs, and I’ve always wondered why the grip is tapered.  I may be trying the STR8 tech soon, probably in medium.

The JMX STR8 grips have definitely reduced my grip pressure. Let us know how it goes for you! Do you have JMX grips currently?

Question for those that have used these for a while.

What is your typical shot shape?

Did it change the shot shape after using them?

I have really been considering making a switch to these as I have some hand issues as well as elbow issues at times.  I also, for years, was a more palm grip than fingertip so the thought of the larger grip would fall into line with that.  I did the online fitting and depending on the answers, fall into a XS or S.  

Here are my conerns:

1.  My natural shot shape is typically a fade, will this produce a larger fade/slice?  

2.  Weight issues.... depending on the type of grip, the XS or even S are heavier than my current grips by 10g or if I go with the lightweight, is 15g or more less.  I am a feel player and having the ability to feel the head in the swing is a must.  

I currently have a jumbo on my driver and have liked the results so far for shot shape.  

Thoughts from you pros?

Titleist GT3 11* Tensei 1k blue

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

Vokey SM9 Wedges 50* 54* 58*

DF2.1 Putter

To:  Josh P - 

JMO - I went with the heavier JumboMaxes for the reason of trying to smooth out my transition from backswing to downswing, which has always been quicker than I preferred.

I did try both the heavier and the lighter, and the heavier worked better.

In regard to your "natural shot shape" question, I noticed mostly a slight reduction to the amount of my natural (draw) shot shape.  I think this is because my hands are less active because of the bigger grip.  I am a left-sided pivot player with a swing/setup to generate a draw.

I feel a much more relaxed grip throughout the swing which has really helped to reduce the amount of sidespin I put on the ball.  

If I really need considerable hook or slice spin, I do it with exaggerated face/path mechanics.

5 minutes ago, ShimmyCocoBop said:

To:  Josh P - 

JMO - I went with the heavier JumboMaxes for the reason of trying to smooth out my transition from backswing to downswing, which has always been quicker than I preferred.

I did try both the heavier and the lighter, and the heavier worked better.

In regard to your "natural shot shape" question, I noticed mostly a slight reduction to the amount of my natural (draw) shot shape.  I think this is because my hands are less active because of the bigger grip.  I am a left-sided pivot player with a swing/setup to generate a draw.

I feel a much more relaxed grip throughout the swing which has really helped to reduce the amount of sidespin I put on the ball.  

If I really need considerable hook or slice spin, I do it with exaggerated face/path mechanics.

Good to know.  What size grips did you originally have in your irons?  I think this is where my biggest concern is for the jumbo grips is the irons and wedges.

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

6 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Good to know.  What size grips did you originally have in your irons?  I think this is where my biggest concern is for the jumbo grips is the irons and wedges.

I got X-Small, but I have tried many other sizes to end up there.

5 hours ago, ShimmyCocoBop said:

I got X-Small, but I have tried many other sizes to end up there.

I went ahead and ordered (2) Small JMX Zenlite grips off Amazon because no one around me had any in stock. Plant to put one on my driver and one on a wedge. 

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

I've tried the Jumbo Max but didn't see any difference. I guess I must be missing something. Does it help with elbow issues?

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Driver: Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpgParadym TD 9* or EPIC Max LS 10.5* or  Ping.png.bd9875c415de0caaf18165e81353fcba.png425LST 9* 

Woods: Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpg Mini or TM.png.882c22efb861c87ad5aa6b2f88e9743f.png Mini BRNR

Hybrids: PXG.jpg.f43fb635ef9ee412fa814c0d924d1ee5.jpg3H, 4H, 5H 

Irons: NL.png.a16c1db32eb8495938c8958152d9be4c.png902PD 

Wedges: titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpegVokey SM10 48, 52, 56* 

Putter: SM.jpg.6ec6e268aa1364f355b3f10b9901b64e.jpgBlack MiniGiant 

Ball: titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpegPro V1X or Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpgChrome TourX

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62621-forum-member-reviews-callaway-whitebox-testing/?do=findComment&comment=1020558