Takomo Skyforger Wedges: Sky-High or Lackluster?

Hey fellow golfers!

I caved in to the hype around Takomo and recently bought their wedge offering, the Takomo Skyforger Wedge. I've been putting them through their paces lately, and I'm curious to hear if anyone else has had the chance to try them out.

So, to those who are currently using the Takomo Skyforger wedges, how are they working out for you? Have they lived up to your expectations? Do you think they are comparable to the other mainstream brands?

I'd love to hear about your experiences with these wedges. What do you enjoy most about them? Have they improved your game in any way? On the flip side, are there any drawbacks or cons you've noticed while using them?

Additionally, I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on the value for money aspect. Do you feel that these wedges offer good bang for your buck?

In my experience, considering the price point, I've found the performance of the Takomo Skyforger wedges to be rather impressive. It's worth noting, however, that I haven't owned wedges from brands like Titleist, TaylorMade, or Callaway for comparison.

Feel free to share any tips or insights you have regarding these wedges. 

Looking forward to hearing from my fellow Takomo Skyforger users!

Cody Hancock

I have not seen anyone local use them, but have watched a few reviews.  Hoping others can chime in that have.

And welcome to the site!

I have not seen anyone local use them, but have watched a few reviews.  Hoping others can chime in that have.

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

• 1 month later...

I play a Skyforger 56 degree for my sand wedge and have been really happy with it. Other wedges I'm using or have used are PXG forged wedges (not the SugarDaddy wedge) and Callaway Jaws. The feel is firm, spin is as good or better than the others I play. I wish they had more lofts available. Of the others I listed, the PXG wedges fee the softest and perform well. I need a little bit more bounce than what they have to offer in the 56 and 58 degree wedges. In my bag this year I've decided to go with a 50 degree gap wedge and then 56 degree sand. The 50 degree I use is the PXG and the 56 is the Takomo. The Jaws wedge is 58/10 and isn't as versatile as a 56 degree. I'm sure I'd be equally happy with any of these brands in a 56/12 wedge. PXG and Jaws are both full face groove and Takom is not. I prefer the full face but no need to buy another wedge until one wears out.

Thanks for sharing your experience! I've been eyeing those wedges myself. It's good to hear positive feedback on their performance. I think I might give them a try. Did you notice any specific strengths or weaknesses compared to other wedges you've used?

I ordered the 60 to try out and didn't care for it.  I just didn't like how the ball felt coming off the face.  Also, my wedge game is 100% mental.  If my first two swings are good, I am locked in, if not, its like I have never hit a wedge before.  In this case, the Takomo just didn't fill me with confidence.  

Could also have been an issue with bounce.  My current 60 (Callaway Mack Daddy 4) has 10 degrees of bounce where the Takomo was only available with 12 degrees.

My buddy also wanted to try them out and he ordered a 52 and loves it.  He's a better golfer than me, so not sure if that was a factor or not either.

Driver: Taylormade Stealth HD
Woods: Taylormade Stealth 2 HD
Hybrids: 3/4 Taylormade Stealth 2 HD
Irons: 5-PW Mizuno JPX23 HM
Wedges: 54 and 60 Callaway Mack Daddy 4
Putter: Mizuno MCraft II - Ion Blue

• 2 months later...

Came here hoping to find some Takomo iron players reviewing the wedges. The Takomo 101 pitching wedge is a 44*, so I now have a gap I need to fill between my P and my 56*

I think the correct answer would be 48, 52, 56, 60

I'm not quite prepared to buy 3 new wedges to fill out the bottom end of my bag though. Tempted to put a 50* in and call it a day.

golf is fun