The First Post Thread

5 minutes ago, tnylec said:

Finally took the plunge and moved from a lurker to a forum member of MyGolfSpy.  I really enjoy the product reviews and perspective from other players of all skill levels.

I've just recently started officially tracking my handicap after getting fitted for clubs.  Not a shocking discovery, but I need to get in more practice and more rounds. 

Open to any suggestions from others on other posts and threads to follow! 

Welcome to the forum!  A good place to start is TheGood Morning thread.  You can learn a lot about all the members that are worth anything… 🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

7 minutes ago, tnylec said:

Finally took the plunge and moved from a lurker to a forum member of MyGolfSpy.  I really enjoy the product reviews and perspective from other players of all skill levels.

I've just recently started officially tracking my handicap after getting fitted for clubs.  Not a shocking discovery, but I need to get in more practice and more rounds. 

Welcome aboard!

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

5 minutes ago, tnylec said:

Welcome!  This place will hook you!  

You can always create a WITB for yourself and share what clubs you're playing.  Those always do well.

There are some great threads.  I always go to the "more" tab and go to "recent activity" 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

2 hours ago, tnylec said:

Welcome to the Forum! Plenty of information here all for the asking! Might want to give the "What/How did you Practice Today" thread a peek and see what various members are working on in their games.

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

Hello all, I’m from northwest Ohio where we’ve got the some of the flattest courses that drive right alongside corn fields. My brother has been heavily involved in this forum for the past few years, so I wanted to see what it was all about. I’m hoping to move from more of an occasional golfer to once a week golfer.  Work, family, friends, and other hobbies take precedence most of the time, yet I’m looking to get out onto the course more often. Grip it and rip it!

Edited by MBernGolfs

PXG 0811X Driver | Pinemeadow PGX 5 Wood | Mizuno MX-15 Irons | TaylorMade 52 Degree | Odyssey Putter

45 minutes ago, MBernGolfs said:

Hello all, I’m from northwest Ohio where we’ve got the some of the flattest courses that drive right alongside corn fields. My brother has been heavily involved in this forum for the past few years, so I wanted to see what it was all about. I’m hoping to move from more of an occasional golfer to once a week golfer.  Work, family, friends, and other hobbies take precedence most of the time, yet I’m looking to get out onto the course more often. Grip it and rip it!

Welcome to the Forum!

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

10 hours ago, MBernGolfs said:

Welcome!

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

57 minutes ago, RedTop said:

First post. Shaft review thread got me here. Think I'll enjoy reading the posts. 

Welcome to the Forum!

Just now, GTATC said:

First time poster! 

obviously excited about the shot to be a tester for anything we get the opp to test! Raleigh golfer who’s open to any course suggestions around/outside the 919! 

Welcome!  Get involved and make sure to check out the "how to be a tester" thread.  The site is def more than just testing.

1 hour ago, GTATC said:

First time poster! 

obviously excited about the shot to be a tester for anything we get the opp to test! Raleigh golfer who’s open to any course suggestions around/outside the 919! 

Welcome to the Forum! Look through all the threads, find one of personal interest and get involved. You'll meet a great group of people here!

Welcome aboard the spy train!

WITB-

Hello there! Long time lurker but finally made the plunge to join. Recently finished grad school and moved to Colorado and started playing competitively for the first time and I’m really enjoying it. Trying not to tinker too much haha! Cheers!

TM Stealth 2 Plus - Diamana S+ 75x

TM M2 15* - Tensei Blue 75x

Nike VR II Pro Combo 3-PW - Project X 6.0

TM MG 52, 58 

Nike The Oven Custom 006

Toulon Las Vegas

17 minutes ago, KK44 said:

Hello there! Long time lurker but finally made the plunge to join. Recently finished grad school and moved to Colorado and started playing competitively for the first time and I’m really enjoying it. Trying not to tinker too much haha! Cheers!

Welcome to the Forum!

13 hours ago, KK44 said:

Welcome to MGS 

WITB-

18 minutes ago, Andy G said:

i was put in touch by a current member, can’t wait to get started and see what the site can do for my golf

Welcome to the Forum!

38 minutes ago, Andy G said:

i was put in touch by a current member, can’t wait to get started and see what the site can do for my golf

Welcome!  Great group of folks on here.

Welcome! But watch out—temptation is lurking around every corner. New clubs, balls, and gear are everywhere, and they’re not afraid to beg for your credit card! 😂

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

irons - Callaway Big Bertha 2002 (It's a long story!)

Putter - Odyssey AI one 2 ball DB 35¨

20 hours ago, Andy G said:

Welcome!  Which member?  Br warned, this golf community is addictive!

WITB-

Just started playing after 25+ years away. Have a lower back injury that is odd. Put pressure on it and pain goes away. I thought maybe going back to hitting balls might help rehabilitate it. With the turn in golf might build up strength around spine. First day looks promising. Hit a few balls.

Bought four clubs.

When I did play before for man years. Obsessed. Finally visited one of the best teaching pro's in the country. He made me really good. Enjoyed golf for once. I played Hogan Tour Blades all the way to one iron. Loved to go out on range and nail that one iron. One after another, over and over, dropping on one spot.

I just need to get my swing back now. Was awful today. At least my mind remembers.

I came to the forums to learn. Many changes in golf now. I'm hoping people can fill me in.

I can't say I intend to play. Mostly intend to hit balls at range. Short game practice. Work on rehabilitating my lower back in primary intention right now. I admit. I couldn't turn worth a darn today. Got alot to gain back.

To be candid.... I would rather walk a field with a good Bird Dog, than to walk a golf course with people. Only problem is, I can't walk.

1 hour ago, Old New Golfer said:

Just started playing after 25+ years away. Have a lower back injury that is odd. Put pressure on it and pain goes away. I thought maybe going back to hitting balls might help rehabilitate it. With the turn in golf might build up strength around spine. First day looks promising. Hit a few balls.

Bought four clubs.

When I did play before for man years. Obsessed. Finally visited one of the best teaching pro's in the country. He made me really good. Enjoyed golf for once. I played Hogan Tour Blades all the way to one iron. Loved to go out on range and nail that one iron. One after another, over and over, dropping on one spot.

I just need to get my swing back now. Was awful today. At least my mind remembers.

I came to the forums to learn. Many changes in golf now. I'm hoping people can fill me in.

I can't say I intend to play. Mostly intend to hit balls at range. Short game practice. Work on rehabilitating my lower back in primary intention right now. I admit. I couldn't turn worth a darn today. Got alot to gain back.

Welcome to the Forum! There are numerous members who can provide sage advice on returning to form and rehabbing your back. They will be happy to share their experiences.

2 hours ago, Old New Golfer said:

Bought four clubs.

Welcome, hope you enjoy your return 

Driver: IMG_5084.png.5fbbd783dcc8d621f65db4e523c4867a.png G430 Max

Fairway: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg LTDx Max 3 wood

Hybrid: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg King Tec 3 hybrid

Irons: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg Forged Tec 4-PW + GW

Wedges: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Jaws 56

IMG_5733.jpeg.1e4058deebcd18f2f88ac5dcaa6c8149.jpegSM9 52

Putter: IMG_5308.webp.c1f0b99088f53de60d3349e71f9c2844.webp Mallet

Ball: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Chrome Soft

Welcome!  Certainly lots to be gained from the collective knowledge here!

WITB-

7 hours ago, tmerk81 said:

Long-time lurker, first-time poster. Jekyl/Hyde self-taught player from the beautiful golf-rich mecca that is NE OH. Good to be here!

Welcome!

WITB-

7 hours ago, tmerk81 said:

Long-time lurker, first-time poster. Jekyl/Hyde self-taught player from the beautiful golf-rich mecca that is NE OH. Good to be here!

Welcome! Jump right in the water is fine!