The First Post Thread

1 hour ago, Gin41 said:

Heya,

Just picked up golf again after close to 10 years break I wanted some place to found what equipment is right for me give how much tech has happened in last 15 years

Welcome!

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Hello all. Followed golf spy for a long while, and browsed forums off and on. Just created an account to get involved.

Im a former baseball player grinding every free chance I can at the course on my journey to try and become a scratch golfer.

My grandfather is a pro at a golf course, and my uncle played at the University of Oklahoma then on the PGA tour. Golfing has always been in my blood, and I’m glad to be able to do it 1-3 times per week. 

Driver- Nike Tour 460 7.5° (diamana 73tx)

3 wood- Nike tour 13.5+ (tpt 95g)

Irons- P770 Project X 120g LZ

Wedges- Cleveland tour rack 47°, Vokey SM8 Raw 52°, Vokey SM8 Raw 56°, Cleveland full face Raw 59° Dynamic Gold TI S400’s.

OU Jimmie Austin Ping Bag

Former baseball player on my journey to scratch and the perfect golf bag..

3 minutes ago, gDASHfo said:

Hello all. Followed golf spy for a long while, and browsed forums off and on. Just created an account to get involved.

Im a former baseball player grinding every free chance I can at the course on my journey to try and become a scratch golfer.

My grandfather is a pro at a golf course, and my uncle played at the University of Oklahoma then on the PGA tour. Golfing has always been in my blood, and I’m glad to be able to do it 1-3 times per week. 

Welcome!  It's a great group!

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

9 minutes ago, gDASHfo said:

Welcome to the forum!

Driver: :titleist-small: GT3 9|Tour AD-UB 6S (testing in progress)

Fairways: :titleist-small: GT2 15 & 18|Tour AD-UB 7S (testing in progress) |:cobra-small: Aerojet Max 7|Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H|MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW|KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :titleist-small: Vokey SM10 52.12F|56.12D|True Temper Vokey Wedge Flex

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour & :titleist-small: ProV1

#LeftyGang

Titleist GT Long Game Test (Link Here)

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Welcome to MGS 

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

7 hours ago, HP843 said:

Hello everyone!

Have read the forums for a while now and decided to jump in and make an account and start contributing instead of just reading.  Hopefully I can help some others and provide some valuable insight and also learn something along the way as well.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Welcome!

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

6 hours ago, Gin41 said:

Heya,

Just picked up golf again after close to 10 years break I wanted some place to found what equipment is right for me give how much tech has happened in last 15 years

Welcome back to the game and to the Forum!

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

4 hours ago, gDASHfo said:

Welcome to the Forum!

2 hours ago, William P said:

Welcome!

Thank you, now I just need my swing and bag to catch back up.

Edited by Gin41

Driver :titleist-small: TSR2 10°

FW woods :callaway-small:Diablo 15°  :cobra-small:Darkspeed X 18°

Irons :taylormade-small:Burner 2009

Wedges :callaway-small: Raw Jaws 50°  :callaway-small:Raw Jaws Full Toe 56°/60°

Putter  :ping-small:Craz-e Vault 2.0

Hi everyone new member here 

I really started to enjoy golf this year, I had only played a handful of times before this year but now being on a golf course 6-7 days a week I really started to pick up the game 

I have slowly replaced all the old mismatched clubs in my bag with used newer ones but look forward to getting a new fitted set next season IMG_6566.jpeg.24eb6996e39a93be404cd5a9ae6cbba1.jpeg

Avid outdoorsman new to golf 

1 hour ago, SpiderNate said:

I really started to enjoy golf this year, I had only played a handful of times before this year but now being on a golf course 6-7 days a week I really started to pick up the game 

I have slowly replaced all the old mismatched clubs in my bag with used newer ones but look forward to getting a new fitted set next season IMG_6566.jpeg.24eb6996e39a93be404cd5a9ae6cbba1.jpeg

Welcome!!

WITB-

3 minutes ago, Grego H said:

New member here, interested in equipment. I have mostly PXG clubs but am lookin for a new driver. 69 YO with a smooth tempo swing, mid 90s SS. Looking at the Srixon ZX5 LS but not sure about a shaft. 

Welcome!!!

WITB-

2 hours ago, SpiderNate said:

Welcome!

23 minutes ago, Grego H said:

New member here, interested in equipment. I have mostly PXG clubs but am lookin for a new driver. 69 YO with a smooth tempo swing, mid 90s SS. Looking at the Srixon ZX5 LS but not sure about a shaft. 

Welcome to the Forum!

On 8/26/2024 at 2:37 PM, MikerE said:

Hello everyone! Following MGS since its creation, love how you guys have stay loyal to the golfers!

Always wanted to see shaft review, I understand how the shaft market works, but maybe compare and try similar profiles of shafts for similiar swing speeds!

Keep up the great work!

Welcome Sir, enjoy the ride!

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

3 hours ago, Grego H said:

Welcome to MGS

5 hours ago, SpiderNate said:

Welcome to the forum

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

9 hours ago, Grego H said:

You'll find a wealth of info here. Welcome aboard.

Still swinging after all these years

Hi Everyone, have been following mygolfspy since starting golf 2 years ago. First time using the forum (didn’t know there was one) 

Currently 20 handicap.

WITB

Driver - Cobra LTDX

5 Wood - Cobra LTDX

4 Hybrid - Cobra King Tec

irons 5-GW - Cobra Ltdx

wedges - 54/58 Cobra Pur

Pitter you guess it Conra Agera

Ball - Kirkland

3 hours ago, jthornton86 said:

Hi Everyone, have been following mygolfspy since starting golf 2 years ago. First time using the forum (didn’t know there was one) 

Currently 20 handicap.

Welcome to MGS!!!

WITB-

3 hours ago, jthornton86 said:

Currently 20 handicap.

Welcome!  It's a great group 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

7 hours ago, jthornton86 said:

Currently 20 handicap.

Welcome to the Forum!

30 minutes ago, KJano05 said:

Glad to join the forum! I’m excited to contribute and dive into the great content here. If you have any questions or just want to chat, feel free to reach out! I’m always up for trying new clubs and sharing reviews. Looking forward to connecting with everyone!

Welcome!

1 hour ago, KJano05 said:

Glad to join the forum! I’m excited to contribute and dive into the great content here. If you have any questions or just want to chat, feel free to reach out! I’m always up for trying new clubs and sharing reviews. Looking forward to connecting with everyone!

Welcome!!!

WITB-

7 minutes ago, Klarge said:

First post looking forward to reading what you have to say about the game we like to punish ourselves with and maybe share some knowledge with you and learn some frome you all.

Welcome to MGS!  Lots of topics to dive into!

WITB-

5 minutes ago, Milvstrana said:

Hey everyone just dropping into say Hi. Only been playing golf for 4 or 5 months now but totally addicted. Can't afford to get a GC membership this year but looking forward to taking that step next year. Anyone else not carry a driver? 😂

Welcome to the site!  I technically started with a 1w, 3w, 5w only a couple years ago.  No worries, I can't afford a membership either.. 🤣

Tons of info to help you get to that driver you want!

WITB-

16 minutes ago, Luckdoggy said:

Long time lurker, first time account holder.  Decided it was time I start opting in to the testers, but also getting involved more.

Excited to be here!

Welcome aboard!

WITB-