Confusion with new purchase.

Can someone tell me what’s going on as I’m new to this whole adjustable driver thing… I bought this Aerojet preowned and it seems weird how the shaft and cobra tip are installed, it doesn’t look like other pictures online, almost looks like it has an extra ferrule? See image from link below:

https://files.fm/u/ur3xqq3tkm

It looks like someone just added a regular ferrule, not sure why. Cobra adapters don't actually use an added ferrule like other adapters. Maybe this person wasn't sure of that when they installed it and just threw one on anyway. It won't cause any harm to leave it on, but if you want to remove it without pulling the adapter, just heat it up some and the plastic will become pliable enough to pull off with some pliers.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

@TSauer

thanks for the response, so it doesn’t affect length or anything? If it wont cause harm in any way I’ll just leave it on because I wont know how to install the other one back on and everything. 

1 minute ago, NoahW said:

@TSauer

thanks for the response, so it doesn’t affect length or anything? If it wont cause harm in any way I’ll just leave it on because I wont know how to install the other one back on and everything. 

Correct. I am assuming the adapter is on all the way and the ferrule has just started to ride up (it happens). You don't actually need to remove the adapter to remove that ferrule. If you have a heat gun or blow dryer, you can heat up the circle part in the picture and it will melt a little bit and you can cut it with a box knife or something similar and pull it off. The adapter part itself is aluminum, so don't worry about getting that part hot, it takes a decent amount of heat to get those to budge.

image.png.4b44aaa512b476c35de71681883acbd1.png

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Posted (edited)

I wonder if this shaft came from something else with a different bore depth or just a bad sanding job and they were trying to hide some sanded finish on the shaft.  It makes no sense to add that ferrule.  They could have as least tried to sand it down a bit to flow into the adapter.

Edited by dbdors

Woods:  :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Max LS 9*,  :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6S / :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+, 15* (set to 17*), Stealth 2, 22*, both w/MCA Diamana Thump 75S
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 X Proto 4H, Xcaliber RTI75 S  

Irons: :Takomo: IRON 101 5-PW, Accra T90i S
Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX ZipCore 48*, Accra T90i, 53* & 58*, Accra T100i S
Putter: LAB Golf EF3, Accra graphite, 34", Press II 3*

Ball: Maxfli Tour
Bag/Cart: :callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 Stand Bag / :Clicgear: 4.0 / Alphard Club Booster V2, Swivel kit
Accessories: :Arccos: 360 /  Garmin G80 / Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized 

image.png