Exputt RG - 2024 Forum Review

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

If it is like the original release, you can turn the screen to make the angle 0 and then hit a “straight” putt 

So you can move the "Aim Distance from Hole" to read 0.0 and yes then hit a "Straight" putt. But this was new to me so trying to read the break was always a crap shoot. 

I'm curious if @buckpillar knew about it that is how he beat me in most of the multiplayer rounds. 😉 (Just kidding looks like Multiplayer is the only game mode that doesn't allow that screen)

Driver:  Ben Hogan GS53
4W:  Maltby KE4 
2i: Maltby KE4 FDI 
4-PW:  Maltby TS-1 - C-Taper 120g 
50,54,58: Maltby TSW

Putter:  L.A.B. DF2.1 Accra Shaft 2023 Forum Testers - L.A.B. Putters
Ball: Mixed prefer ProV1 or Snell
Handicap: 9.2  -  Best Score: 72 (E) Springdale CC, Canton NC -2022

2020 Forum Tester - Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

18 hours ago, buckpillar said:

I had to drop out for now, have an issue in the house, nothing serious

Sorry completely forgot about playing last night. Hope you got all your house issues resolved. Let me know when you are up for another game. 

5 hours ago, pozzit said:

So you can move the "Aim Distance from Hole" to read 0.0 and yes then hit a "Straight" putt. But this was new to me so trying to read the break was always a crap shoot. 

I'm curious if @buckpillar knew about it that is how he beat me in most of the multiplayer rounds. 😉 (Just kidding looks like Multiplayer is the only game mode that doesn't allow that screen)

I knew about that screen and use it. Helps me gauge what I am seeing on screen when learning to read the break on a 2 dimensional screen. 

Switch hitter, RH Driver, LH Irons

Callaway Mavrik Driver (RH)

Sub 70 3i Driving/Utility iron (LH)

Maltby STi2 4i-PW, GW (LH)

Mizuno MP R Series 52 degree 

Wilson Jim Ferrier Signature SW (LH)

Mizuno TP Mills blade putter (LH)

6 hours ago, pozzit said:

Nope need to read and adjust, no use to set it to 0.0, I don't think it would be beneficial to me to do that when not in the practice random distance mode.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

7 hours ago, mpatrickriley said:

Just to throw a twist into this thread: do any of you guys also own a home launch monitor? I have a simulator setup in my garage, but (very first world problems) neither Mevo+ nor SkyTrak+ are reliable at reading putts. Most of the time when I play (or play with my kids), we just allow the computer to autoputt, taking a number based on distance from the hole.

But I'm hoping, in the next week or so, to follow the instructions available online to use the ExPutt along with my Mevo+ for playing sim golf in GSPro. Someone has built a software app that takes the video input from the ExPutt and feeds its numbers into the GSPro connector, so that I will (hopefully) be able to use the Mevo+ for all my shots and then putt a ball on the ExPutt once I'm on the green.

I'll keep this thread updated with my success (or failure) on this project.

I do not have a launch monitor, but more than likely sooner than later

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

4 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

I do not have a launch monitor, but more than likely sooner than later

Which sim are you interested in? And will you be trying to do like @mpatrickrileyand connect it to gspro? Really cool idea btw @mpatrickriley 

I have a cobra rad speed driver, cobra fly z 3 and 5 wood, taylormade m1 irons (5-PW), Top Flite Gamer wedges (52,56,60), and odyssey white ice putter. When I’m playing to keep score I typically play the Maxfli Tour X. When just getting a round in with friends or scrambling I play whatever I might find on the course or might find at the bottom of my bag.

ExPutt 15 Foot Practice

Rolled 2 practice sessions of 50 putts each from 15 feet,  First round I did ok burning the edges on both sides of the cup, a few too hard that bounced out of the cup and a few short. I still thought it was all about my grip and the pressure with each hand. I made a change to the grip slightly by moving the lower hand further up on to the top hand and rolled the next round of 50 putts.

UNBELIEVABLE results, my left and right dispersion shrank and I holed a ton more putts I was amazed by the smallest adjustment making that much difference.

1st session - 50 putts 12 made - 24% percentage made.

2nd session - 50 putts 26 made - 52% percentage made. 

ExPutt has been very reliable with the data of my stroke distance and direction, 

What I would like to see when trying to practice a certain distance, once you select your options start then go in and select analyze that the ExPutt keep your chosen options. After you do select your options and then analyze, the ExPutt changes you distance to random and will not keep your selected distance. 

20240924_202618.jpg.53064d03a26490f8cbfa58c15c42b600.jpg

20240925_213924.jpg.e40f42bbb44fb63895e2b99b02985409.jpg

17 minutes ago, Coulter said:

Which sim are you interested in? And will you be trying to do like @mpatrickrileyand connect it to gspro? Really cool idea btw @mpatrickriley 

PRobably the rapsodo

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

Challenge Mode:

One of the Game modes in Exputt is the Challenge Mode. This mode is a bit unique to the rest of the modes I have played. The premise of this game is very similar to how most of us may practice on a putting green. You get 3 putts to get within the 3ft gimmie range. You need to play break and slope to get the right putt. If you get within range on your first putt you get 10 points, 2nd putt gives you 5 points and 3rd attempt gets you 2 points. If you make any of the putts its an extra 3 points.

PXL_20240925_181150640_MP.jpg.1e8cfc79839066b71d491f07879065a4.jpg

I really like this mode because it blends Practice with Play mode. Since you get 3 attempts you can actually learn from the putt to help directly play with what you’re trying to work on. It also gives a good gamification with the point system. This mode allows you to see a few metrics (Speed, Path Angle, Putt distance)

Like I said before the fact that this is a great representation of Putting Green practice. The only improvements I would suggest Exputt to add to this more is the option for hitting all 3 putts for more points/practice and allow for the 3 or 6 holes to be played for quicker sessions. Actually there is one more thing that would really improve this. some Score history, I went back in to do another Challenge mode and there is no visibility of your previous scores or sessions. This seems to be a theme across a most of their software outside of the practice analysis stats.

Time Required ≈25

PXL_20240926_021249477_MP.jpg.343e4a1f23a3eab0873489f69423ec51.jpg

Edited by pozzit

5 minutes ago, pozzit said:

Challenge Mode:

One of the Game modes in Exputt is the Challenge Mode. This mode is a bit unique to the rest of the modes I have played. The premise of this game is very similar to how most of us may practice on a putting green. You get 3 putts to get within the 3ft gimmie range. You need to play break and slope to get the right putt. If you get within range on your first putt you get 10 points, 2nd putt gives you 5 points and 3rd attempt gets you 2 points. If you make any of the putts its an extra 3 points.

I really like this mode because it blends Practice with Play mode. Since you get 3 attempts you can actually learn from the putt to help directly play with what you’re trying to work on. It also gives a good gamification with the point system. This mode allows you to see a few metrics (Speed, Path Angle, Putt distance)

Like I said before the fact that this is a great representation of Putting Green practice. The only improvements I would suggest Exputt to add to this more is the option for hitting all 3 putts for more points/practice and allow for the 3 or 6 holes to be played for quicker sessions.

Time Required ≈25

Do you have the chance to putt out when you miss?

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

11 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

Do you have the chance to putt out when you miss?

Nope it's only first putt. I think distances very between 15-50ft but with slope can be like a 5 to 60+ft

45 minutes ago, pozzit said:

Challenge Mode:

Like I said before the fact that this is a great representation of Putting Green practice. The only improvements I would suggest Exputt to add to this more is the option for hitting all 3 putts for more points/practice and allow for the 3 or 6 holes to be played for quicker sessions. Actually there is one more thing that would really improve this. some Score history, I went back in to do another Challenge mode and there is no visibility of your previous scores or sessions. This seems to be a theme across a most of their software outside of the practice analysis stats.

Time Required ≈25

I have the same feedback as you regarding the 9 holes. I wish I could choose to play 3 or 6 holes. This mode does let you chose more than a single player as well. I would select that mode more often and play it with my sons if we could do a 3 hole or 6 hole challenge. 

Switch hitter, RH Driver, LH Irons

Callaway Mavrik Driver (RH)

Sub 70 3i Driving/Utility iron (LH)

Maltby STi2 4i-PW, GW (LH)

Mizuno MP R Series 52 degree 

Wilson Jim Ferrier Signature SW (LH)

Mizuno TP Mills blade putter (LH)

ExPutt putting time

I got to roll some putts in the challenge mode and just randomly putted breaking putts , side hill rollers and up and down hill.

Overall, I putted pretty well, I did have a couple that I totally miss read the speed and ended up doing a fly by on those few putts, a couple short ones and even holing a couple benders.  Rolled 50 putts before I had to get some sleep for tonights shift.

Hope you got to roll some putts and would love to hear about it.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

Wondering if anyone can help (I have emailed Exputt and no response yet)

I'm having serious issues with the Wifi connection. To the point I'm thinking of returning this thing, that's how bad it is. 

So I first got it just over a week ago. Wifi would not connect, it would keep disconnecting saying the signal is less than 1mpbs. (It is not. My PS4 is level with it and 4ft to the right and is getting 180mbps). 

So I found an old range extender and had been using it but of course it creates effectively a 2nd network. Contacted my ISP who confirmed my wifi wasn't the best on that side of the house, and they sent me one of their pods for mesh networking. Set up just fine (confirmed with multiple devices) .Now my Exputt will not stay connected to anything! I've tried resetting the network settings, which doesn't seem to actually work as it is still showing a network that no longer exists (the extender). All it seems to do is forget the password. 

How can I fully reset this thing and try starting again? Any ideas? 

Seems you also cannot use any other connection type or dongle other than their one which is also ridiculous as I could connect a USB > Ethernet adapter for hardwired but it won't allow it. 

Help please! 

Aerojet LS 9 deg

TM Stealth 3H

Mizuno 921HMP Irons 4-GW

TM Spider Putter

1 hour ago, Rainy_PNW said:

I'm having serious issues with the Wifi connection. To the point I'm thinking of returning this thing, that's how bad it is. 

So I first got it just over a week ago. Wifi would not connect, it would keep disconnecting saying the signal is less than 1mpbs. (It is not. My PS4 is level with it and 4ft to the right and is getting 180mbps). 

So I found an old range extender and had been using it but of course it creates effectively a 2nd network. Contacted my ISP who confirmed my wifi wasn't the best on that side of the house, and they sent me one of their pods for mesh networking. Set up just fine (confirmed with multiple devices) .Now my Exputt will not stay connected to anything! I've tried resetting the network settings, which doesn't seem to actually work as it is still showing a network that no longer exists (the extender). All it seems to do is forget the password. 

Seems you also cannot use any other connection type or dongle other than their one which is also ridiculous as I could connect a USB > Ethernet adapter for hardwired but it won't allow it. 

Help please! 

Doing some investigating for you, let me see what I can come up with to help you out

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

Help please! 

@SC Golf can you provide any and all information that would remedy the connectivity issues for @Rainy_PNW ?

I have not run into anything as described on my end but I'm also looking into ways to help.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

12 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

@SC Golf can you provide any and all information that would remedy the connectivity issues for @Rainy_PNW ?

I have not run into anything as described on my end but I'm also looking into ways to help.

Thank you very much. I appreciate it. 

Aerojet LS 9 deg

TM Stealth 3H

Mizuno 921HMP Irons 4-GW

TM Spider Putter

5 hours ago, Rainy_PNW said:

Help please! 

It might be worth trying going into your wireless router and changing the channel that the 2.4 and 5ghz is set to and see if it’s any better on another channel. 

Ping G430 Max 10K (10.5º) Review Post - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º)  -  Ping G425 Max 4 Hybrid - Ping G430 Max 9W - Ping i230 6-UW - s159 54º (S-grind) and 58º (B-grind) - LAB Golf DF3

10 hours ago, Rearviewmirror said:

It might be worth trying going into your wireless router and changing the channel that the 2.4 and 5ghz is set to and see if it’s any better on another channel. 

Unfortunately my ISP dumbed down their app and removed a bunch of settings to allow them to "better manage them for optimal performance in Mesh networking" 

Aside from that, the Exputt WAS working and decided to not work once in actually improved the network, it just does not make any sense. 

EDIT: I could put their unit in bridge mode to use another 3rd party modem but a) that will cost me even more money than the $800+ CAD I paid for the Exputt and b) No guarantee it will work. 

Edited by Rainy_PNW
Added more detail

Aerojet LS 9 deg

TM Stealth 3H

Mizuno 921HMP Irons 4-GW

TM Spider Putter

So. I did even more playing around with everything, so far this seems to have worked (although not the most ideal resolution). 

1) Reset all network connections on the device. 

2) Rebooted all my ISP equipment 

3) Physically moved the mesh node further away from the Exputt (even though this technically had the strongest signal)

4) Added the extender back into the network which whilst forces a new SSID, does show 2.4 and 5Ghz networks. 

5) Joined Exputt to the 2.4Ghz network on the extender only. Getting a strong signal/connection now and it's seeming joining the network when being switched on

Got to be honest. I feel it should not have been this hard. I get that I am likely an outlier in my experience here though.

As a user I should not be limited to using their wifi dongle which does not appear to be that good and is also apparently limited to 2.4Ghz. 

Hopefully they can release a firmware update to allow either 5Ghz connection and or use of 3rd party wifi adapters or USB > Ethernet dongle (I would have been able to hardwire the unit to a connection if that was possible). 

Other than this blip, it's been a good product. Hoping it stays this way and I'll get back to practicing ASAP. 

Thank you @buckpillar & @Rearviewmirror for your replies. 

Aerojet LS 9 deg

TM Stealth 3H

Mizuno 921HMP Irons 4-GW

TM Spider Putter

So. I did even more playing around with everything, so far this seems to have worked (although not the most ideal resolution). 

3) Physically moved the mesh node further away from the Exputt (even though this technically had the strongest signal)

4) Added the extender back into the network which whilst forces a new SSID, does show 2.4 and 5Ghz networks. 

5) Joined Exputt to the 2.4Ghz network on the extender only. Getting a strong signal/connection now and it's seeming joining the network when being switched on

Got to be honest. I feel it should not have been this hard. I get that I am likely an outlier in my experience here though.

As a user I should not be limited to using their wifi dongle which does not appear to be that good and is also apparently limited to 2.4Ghz. 

Hopefully they can release a firmware update to allow either 5Ghz connection and or use of 3rd party wifi adapters or USB > Ethernet dongle (I would have been able to hardwire the unit to a connection if that was possible). 

Other than this blip, it's been a good product. Hoping it stays this way and I'll get back to practicing ASAP. 

Running on deco mesh myself with no issues although my mesh it’s dual band 2.4/5 which probably eliminated any issues. 

The reason they use 2.4 is that it has a longer range over 5. A 5 GHz frequencies provide faster speeds at shorter range. 

GT2 10° Project X HZRDUS 6.0 Black 5G 60  
GT2 16.5° Project X HZRDUS 6.0 Black 5G 70
TSR2 18° HZRDUS Black 6.0 4G 
2 Iron T200 Utility HZRDUS Black 6.0
4 Iron T200 Utility HZRDUS Black 6.0
T150 5- PW (44) Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 Stiff
Vokey SM9 48.10 F Grind, 
Vokey SM9 54.10 S Grind, 
Vokey SM9 60.08 M Grind, 
L.A.B DF3 Armlock
Grip Master Tour Wrap Grips
Garmin Z30

4 hours ago, MissionMan said:

Running on deco mesh myself with no issues although my mesh it’s dual band 2.4/5 which probably eliminated any issues. 

The reason they use 2.4 is that it has a longer range over 5. A 5 GHz frequencies provide faster speeds at shorter range. 

True but it would not allow me to actually pick which frequency I wanted (both actually had similar strength when I measured them) I should look at moving off my ISP equipment and just bridging but up until buying this thing I've literally never had an issue with signal in my house. I'm just glad to have got it working again one way or the other. 

Aerojet LS 9 deg

TM Stealth 3H

Mizuno 921HMP Irons 4-GW

TM Spider Putter

12 minutes ago, Rainy_PNW said:

True but it would not allow me to actually pick which frequency I wanted (both actually had similar strength when I measured them) I should look at moving off my ISP equipment and just bridging but up until buying this thing I've literally never had an issue with signal in my house. I'm just glad to have got it working again one way or the other. 

Yeah, agree. Most of the ISP's use the cheapest equipment possible and charge you excessively for them. I switched out of ISP equipment a long time ago.

GT2 10° Project X HZRDUS 6.0 Black 5G 60  
GT2 16.5° Project X HZRDUS 6.0 Black 5G 70
TSR2 18° HZRDUS Black 6.0 4G 
2 Iron T200 Utility HZRDUS Black 6.0
4 Iron T200 Utility HZRDUS Black 6.0
T150 5- PW (44) Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 Stiff
Vokey SM9 48.10 F Grind, 
Vokey SM9 54.10 S Grind, 
Vokey SM9 60.08 M Grind, 
L.A.B DF3 Armlock
Grip Master Tour Wrap Grips
Garmin Z30

2 hours ago, Rainy_PNW said:

@Rainy_PNW would you be up to play souped matches later this week?

let me know.

Glad you got your connection figured out.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

35 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

@Rainy_PNW would you be up to play souped matches later this week?

let me know.

Glad you got your connection figured out.

Thank you. 

What's a souped match? 

Should be up for a match or two, just to see what it's like playing against someone else either way. I'm still adjusting to it so I don't promise to be great or anything!  But definitely up for it. I should be able to Tues/Wed/Thurs this week at some point 3pm PST onwards, if not maybe Friday after 4pm PST?

How long did people take to see a difference on course? What sort of sessions have people been doing? Acording to Arccos, my last five rounds Putts per round have been 35/35/32/34/31 but I know I still have to work to do. 

Aerojet LS 9 deg

TM Stealth 3H

Mizuno 921HMP Irons 4-GW

TM Spider Putter

2 hours ago, Rainy_PNW said:

Thank you. 

What's a souped match? 

Should be up for a match or two, just to see what it's like playing against someone else either way. I'm still adjusting to it so I don't promise to be great or anything!  But definitely up for it. I should be able to Tues/Wed/Thurs this week at some point 3pm PST onwards, if not maybe Friday after 4pm PST?

How long did people take to see a difference on course? What sort of sessions have people been doing? Acording to Arccos, my last five rounds Putts per round have been 35/35/32/34/31 but I know I still have to work to do. 

It was supposed to say a couple matches… lol

I think we all are adjusting to it but the transition to course didn’t take very long for me, can’t say for the others.

wed/thur shouldn’t be a problem for me, I’m on eastern time, that’s normally about when we play time wise.

Make sure you practice breaking putts, how you change the direction using the putting mat and with the remote. It will make it a better experience.

send a message here and copy you on it once I have a better idea for the game.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

12 hours ago, Rainy_PNW said:

Hey @Rainy_PNW, sorry you've not received a response yet. Can you just confirm you emailed customerservice@secondchance.co.uk? If so, I will raise it with our team internally and let them know to respond asap. If not, please email the above address and our team will respond.

We have a team of golfers who work here, however our in-house PGA Professionals bag is:

Driver - Cobra KING F9  

3 Wood - Cobra KING F9

3 Hybrid - Cobra KING F9

3-PW - Nike VR II Pro Blades

52 - Nike VR II Pro Forged

58 - Nike VR II Pro Forged 

Putter - Rife RG1 Blade

Ball - Pro V1x

15 hours ago, SC Golf said:

Hey @Rainy_PNW, sorry you've not received a response yet. Can you just confirm you emailed customerservice@secondchance.co.uk? If so, I will raise it with our team internally and let them know to respond asap. If not, please email the above address and our team will respond.

I mailed the address in the manual (hello@exputt) 

I will forward to you just as an FYI and maybe you can get them to make some enhancements? Or advise a better workaround. 

Thank you

Aerojet LS 9 deg

TM Stealth 3H

Mizuno 921HMP Irons 4-GW

TM Spider Putter

My putting has progressively gotten worse the last 5 years or so and this week had a chance to putt on a Trackman at a PXG store. I don't have the exact numbers, but from what the salesman showed me, I was aiming way left, had a slice stroke of like 10* out to in, (again, a guess from looking at the swing path picture) with a wide open face. 

SO, my question is, while I would love to buy a Trackman to get that data and visual feedback, it isn't going to happen.  So I am wondering if one of these would be able to tell me my exact path, face angle, etc. to help me work through this? I am basically looking for something that can kinda replicate the Trackman data, without spending $25k. I was planning on buying a new putter this winter,(LAB Probably) but even the PXG guy said I need to fix my stroke before thinking about a new putter. Or if anyone has ideas on other putter trainers that could help, I am all ears, 

Edited by Brew