Fitted driver

My driver was seven years old and worn out. I was playing a regular flex and 10 /2 degree  loft. I decided to get fitted and was told to start hitting a 9° senior shaft. After five rounds I cannot hit the ball up in the air. I still hit my 3 wood over 200 yards. I doubt they will take this driver back after spending $600. What should I do? Help!

Sound likes you had a bad fitter and thus a bad fitting experience.

was your fitting indoors or outdoors?

Did you not get to see the numbers during the fitting?

Theres no flex standard in golf so saying one should play a certain flex unless being told to play that flex in a specific shaft is bad advice. There are senior flex shafts that are regular or stiff in some brands or ladies in another.

You can talk to the fitter/business to see what they might do but unless they have some playability guarantee you are probably out of luck and will need to look for another driver you can hit and use this driver as trade in

Is it possible to adjust the loft on that driver up a degree or two and try it for a few rounds?  If it has an adjustable weight you may need to shift it to a fade position when increasing the loft since that will close the face.  It may be worth trying since the current set up isnt working for you.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex; :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik 18* 5w;  :mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro 4i;  :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.