Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

The Tuesday Awesome - J.Lindeberg Prototype Putters

The Dansome

• SPY VIP

T messages me late yesterday and he's like:

"Hey, I'm too busy lounging out on the coast sipping Cristal and eating fine cheese. I need you to do Tuesday Awesome."

Whoa.. I look forward to Tuesday Awesome. I like surprises. What to do.....

So I'm texting my Texas BFF last night to the jealous dismay of my wife and he starts talking about J Lindeberg putters he's got. And I'm like what's that? That's pretty awesome.

The Story goes like this.

JL wanted to get into the club business during the time of the Puma collaboration. There were between 6-12 putters commissioned by JL for Scott Penrod to make. So 6 of them end up at BestGrips for some leathery love. They ended up keeping 3, one of which got traded for some eye2's.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Tuesday Awesome....

J Lindeberg Prototype Putters

JL-putters-sole.jpg

Why They're Awesome

• There's only possibly 12 out there
  • I know a guy with 2
  • They got a cool story
  • Made by Sizemore Putters

JL-putters-back.jpg

JL-putters-frontback.jpg

JL-putters-frontmill.jpg

JL-putters-top.jpg

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Love Lindeberg design.  Used to own 2 pair of the Lindeberg/Puma golf shoes.  They were very nice (if not a little stiff feeling) and lasted about 2 seasons.  Had them in baby blue and orange.  Wish Lindeberg had a bigger presence in the club, grip business.  On a side note, I am biased to Johann because I had the pleasure of meeting him at the PGA championship when It was held at Baltustrol and phil won.  He was standing inside the ropes near the clubhouse and waved me over to comment on my outfit which he liked (I had no lindeberg gear on)  He said, "a Lindeberg belt would make that outfit perfect"  I said I had been looking for a white one for a while.  he gave me his card, said call me, we chatted about fashion, I called his office and 1 week later and a brand new lindeberg slater was in my mail box.  Fan for life.  Own 7 belts and 5 shirts now.  sorry for the long story

Twitter @angrygolfhulk

Instagram angrygolfhulkDriver-Callaway Razr Fit 9.5* Stiff3 Wood-Taylormade R9 15* StiffHybrids 3,4,5 Rocketballz RegIrons 6-Gap Rocketballz RegSW-Cobra Trusty Rusty 55*LW-Taylormade Rac Black 60*Putter-Odyssey Sabertooth 33"Back up irons-Taylormade Rac Muscleback Forged 5-GW Rifle Shafts 6.0

• SPY VIP

Love Lindeberg design.  Used to own 2 pair of the Lindeberg/Puma golf shoes.  They were very nice (if not a little stiff feeling) and lasted about 2 seasons.  Had them in baby blue and orange.  Wish Lindeberg had a bigger presence in the club, grip business.  On a side note, I am biased to Johann because I had the pleasure of meeting him at the PGA championship when It was held at Baltustrol and phil won.  He was standing inside the ropes near the clubhouse and waved me over to comment on my outfit which he liked (I had no lindeberg gear on)  He said, "a Lindeberg belt would make that outfit perfect"  I said I had been looking for a white one for a while.  he gave me his card, said call me, we chatted about fashion, I called his office and 1 week later and a brand new lindeberg slater was in my mail box.  Fan for life.  Own 7 belts and 5 shirts now.  sorry for the long story

Badass

There is nothing more I can add....

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

These putters look so sweet, wish they had made it to full production

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

You should see the grip and headcover :)

http://theputterplace.com/?p=3006

This link made me sad. All of those putters are gone now except the Lindeberg.  :(

@bestgrips   @puttershoes

Best Grips is a second generation family business specializing in golf grips! We are the home of the only made in the USA (Texas to be specific) genuine leather golf grips and head covers. No fancy words, pictures or endorsements with BestGrips.com, just the best performing golf grips money can buy!

Check out the new site (www.bestgrips.com)!
Use "golfspy" for free shipping on all U.S. orders over $50!

What's in my BG custom club glove staff bag? Click here.

Current ball of choice: 'Stones three three zero.

I saw one of these last year a guy was trying to sell. Swore it was the only one in the world and wanted $6500 for it.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I saw one of these last year a guy was trying to sell. Swore it was the only one in the world and wanted $6500 for it.

Wow! That's steep. I know for a fact there are at least 4 in circulation. There were 6 that I saw and I have two of those. Each one was different though. No two were alike. 

Best Grips is a second generation family business specializing in golf grips! We are the home of the only made in the USA (Texas to be specific) genuine leather golf grips and head covers. No fancy words, pictures or endorsements with BestGrips.com, just the best performing golf grips money can buy!

Wow! That's steep. I know for a fact there are at least 4 in circulation. There were 6 that I saw and I have two of those. Each one was different though. No two were alike. 

The guy got called in his ad on it pretty quickly.  They actually contracted Vega, if I recall, to make a small production run for them from these protos.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

The guy got called in his ad on it pretty quickly.  They actually contracted Vega, if I recall, to make a small production run for them from these protos.

Didn't know that! My google search just led me to the JL iron/wedges (those look sweet). If they decided to go with Vega, no wonder no one has ever heard of it. 

Simply wicked.  Would love to roll one of those.  

Next time you are in the Houston area, let me know. I'll bring the putters out to the course!

Next time you are in the Houston area, let me know. I'll bring the putters out to the course!

I think someone here was trying to set up a match next week out in Kingwood with both of us?  I won't be able to make Friday, and you got a tournament on Saturday, so maybe next time pal. Thanks for the offer!!

Titleist Long Sticks

Mizuno Irons

Bettinardi Flatstick

Srixon Balls

• 11 months later...

Archived