Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
2,450 signups
Equipment Type: Technology
Vendor: deWiz

Testers Wanted! deWiz Golf Swing Modifier

Boxes of Device copy.JPG

We're excited to announce a new testing opportunity for 2023, introducing the deWiz Golf Swing Modifier for our next MyGolfSpy Forum Member Test!

If you haven't heard of deWiz before, you're not alone. Here's a quick insight into what deWiz says about their product: "deWiz is a wearable piece of technology featuring a patented biofeedback system designed to help golfers swiftly and efficiently implement crucial swing changes. With over a dozen unique data points on each swing, deWiz employs 3D motion tracking to provide golfers with a crystal-clear understanding of their swing mechanics."

As the golf season winds down in various parts of the world, deWiz could potentially emerge as the perfect companion for those keen on refining their game during the off-season. What's more, this versatile device can be used both indoors and outdoors, with or without a club.

Recently, deWiz revealed its much-anticipated "On-Course Mode," which has earned the stamp of approval from the USGA. This feature means you can access the same insightful swing analysis whether you're in the comfort of your home office or competing for your Club Championship.

deWizApp.JPG

For many golfers, this time of the year offers an ideal window for making swing changes and taking lessons. With all that said, we're seeking four dedicated golfers to thoroughly test, review, and keep the deWiz Golf Swing Modifier. Priced at $599.99, it represents a significant investment. Is it worthy of a spot on golfers' wish lists for the upcoming holiday season? How well does it perform on the course and during practice at home? These are just some of the questions we aim to answer through the testing process.

Do you want to be a tester for deWiz

*This testing opportunity is open to all golfers worldwide. 
*Registration closes November 3, 2023 with testers being announced November 7, 2023.

119 Comments

Is there anything that is a must to be a part of this testing?  I have a net set up in my garage and a hitting bay close by.  I don’t have my own launch monitor.  

This is an awesome opportunity. I have been wanting to try this for a while! Indoor practice in the northeast may get a ton better with this!

Thank you to deWiz for getting this member test together. Good luck to those applying!  Also, thank you to both MyGolfSpy for getting this test.

Really excited to see all the info that comes from these and hopefully someone compares them to some of the apps out there like sparrow or many of the others 

10 minutes ago, chupac78 said:

WoooooOOOOOooOooOoO! How awesome it this! Maybe I can finally learn how to fix my swing plane. lol 

lol, I don’t know, I’m a little scared about what it might say! 🤪

Just what I need, another golf gadget! No seriously I love golf gadgets! I think it would be great to see a head to head comparison of the deWiz unit against my Arccos system. I am a retired Electronics engineer who is wound two turns too tight and I have gone way too deep in collecting information on my golf game. I am an active member of the "Wild Bunch" golf men's group who play out of Coyote Run golf course in Mesa Arizona. We play three times a week and I usually get out to a different course on one of the other days of the week. So I would certainly give the unit a thorough test on a single course for baseline work and other Phoenix area courses for outlier experimentation. 

There is another reason why I would like to test the deWiz Golf Swing Modifier. In my near obsession with the study of golf stats I have ventured into the murky realm of golf habits. Did you know that between putting the tee in the ground and picking it up again the average golfer utilizes somewhere between 30 and 70 individually controllable physical motions? And that the golf swing is 99+ percent a habitualized series of movements. deWiz claim on their web page " Our technology is based on research in motor learning, which is the neuroscience of how to permanently change a person’s ability to perform a motor skill." That motor skill? It is a deeply ingrained habit. 

In my research into golf habits and why old ones suddenly appear to ruin your round I have read, among others, The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg, The Art of the Impossible by Steven Kotler, and Whole Brain Living by Jill Bolte Taylor. These three authors delve deeply into habits, those 70 or so motions that comprise a golf swing - The Power of Habit, the grind needed to make changes to those habits -The Art of the Impossible, and Whole Brain Living brings the cogitative centers of the brain, how it works with regards to habits, attitudes , and the person you want walking in your golf shoes the day of the yearly club championship to light. Yeah all this stuff about habits, the Grind, and the brain? My wife calls it my "Engineering Mode" and she is never really happy discussing the day's events over dinner with The Engineer. But, for this test I thing The Engineer would be awesome!

If given the chance you will get exhaustive comparisons between the Modifier and the other golf gadgets I have (at least the ones that work. I have not turned on my Swingbyte 2 in a good long time) as well as in depth personal observations on where and how it has improved or not improved my swing. My current handicap index is 11.5 which walks down to a 6 on the white tees at Coyote Run. 

I'll be honest, I'm a bit skeptical on the limitations of a single wrist sensor measurement to be able to improve my ball striking.  But perhaps electroshock therapy is what my swing needs.

As someone that tinkers with my swing constantly this is an interesting product.  It'll be fun to either participate or read the reviews down the road.

Always a big fan of outdoor testing to see actual ball flight. Curious to see what data it provides and if you can compare shot by shot when implementing a swing change. Interesting concept. I tend to cup at the top a little, creating the miss right. Don't wear a watch when playing so I am also interested to see if it is distracting. 

I have a dewiz and would LOVE to be a tester on this but currently have some testing obligations 🙂

I recommend the Spy community to give this a go - I think we will be amazed with the results and experiences and I hope to learn from all of the testers!

14 hours ago, EnderinAZ said:

Just what I need, another golf gadget! No seriously I love golf gadgets! I think it would be great to see a head to head comparison of the deWiz unit against my Arccos system. I am a retired Electronics engineer who is wound two turns too tight and I have gone way too deep in collecting information on my golf game. I am an active member of the "Wild Bunch" golf men's group who play out of Coyote Run golf course in Mesa Arizona. We play three times a week and I usually get out to a different course on one of the other days of the week. So I would certainly give the unit a thorough test on a single course for baseline work and other Phoenix area courses for outlier experimentation. 

There is another reason why I would like to test the deWiz Golf Swing Modifier. In my near obsession with the study of golf stats I have ventured into the murky realm of golf habits. Did you know that between putting the tee in the ground and picking it up again the average golfer utilizes somewhere between 30 and 70 individually controllable physical motions? And that the golf swing is 99+ percent a habitualized series of movements. deWiz claim on their web page " Our technology is based on research in motor learning, which is the neuroscience of how to permanently change a person’s ability to perform a motor skill." That motor skill? It is a deeply ingrained habit. 

In my research into golf habits and why old ones suddenly appear to ruin your round I have read, among others, The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg, The Art of the Impossible by Steven Kotler, and Whole Brain Living by Jill Bolte Taylor. These three authors delve deeply into habits, those 70 or so motions that comprise a golf swing - The Power of Habit, the grind needed to make changes to those habits -The Art of the Impossible, and Whole Brain Living brings the cogitative centers of the brain, how it works with regards to habits, attitudes , and the person you want walking in your golf shoes the day of the yearly club championship to light. Yeah all this stuff about habits, the Grind, and the brain? My wife calls it my "Engineering Mode" and she is never really happy discussing the day's events over dinner with The Engineer. But, for this test I thing The Engineer would be awesome!

If given the chance you will get exhaustive comparisons between the Modifier and the other golf gadgets I have (at least the ones that work. I have not turned on my Swingbyte 2 in a good long time) as well as in depth personal observations on where and how it has improved or not improved my swing. My current handicap index is 11.5 which walks down to a 6 on the white tees at Coyote Run. 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49045-2023-want-to-be-a-mgs-forum-tester-read-here/

This will help you understand how we select our testers. Also I am working on an update for 2024, but this should at least get you started. 

Incredible how far technology has come..

Everything is on your wrist now, gps, swing analysis, just really amazing!

This will really benefit the masses, so I'm excited to sign up and possibly get a chance to test it out.

Sign me up Scotty!

This Test is now closed to further comments.