Testers Announced: Volvik Golf Balls and Sun Mountain Bags ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
2,598 signups
Equipment Type: Putters
Vendor: Edel

image (2).png

Custom Fitting At Its Finest

At the heart of Edel's brand is custom fitting. This is especially true with their putters, as their fitting carts host most options with the available “modular” build. If you have not experienced an Edel putting fitting, it should be on your bucket list of golf things to do, as they offer a truly unique experience.

The new Edel Array brings another level of customization to putters and features several new options.

These include four different models, with all three mallet designs now being available for left-handed golfers. There is also a single right-handed only blade design available.

The other options include four different neck options, two alignment aids for the blade, and six for the mallets. As well as five sole weight options, four grip choices, and a Tour Lock Opti-Vibe Weighting system for internal shaft weighting options.

That is a lot of options in one putter!

Edel Fitting Cart - 1.jpg

What Edel Is Saying

Edel says their Array putters are “Machined to the tightest tolerances for exacting precision. Each putter features a striking surface forged and machine-milled from 1025 carbon steel, known for its superior sound and softer feel. In tandem, head shapes and multiple alignment plates offered by the Array Putter line create a very powerful solution to aim bias."

The Testing Opportunity

We are looking for four testers to test, review, and keep an Edel Array Putter they are fit into. The selected testers will share their fitting experience and testing experience with our community to see how this new line truly performs!

Are you interested in being a tester for the Edel Array putters?

image (3).png

*Registration closes Feb 14
*Testers will be announced on the Forum Feb 20
*This testing opportunity is open to registered MyGolfSpy Forum members located in North America.
*Testers will be responsible to schedule and be fit for the Array putter at their own expense.  A list of local fitters can be provided.

199 Comments

On 2/9/2024 at 4:21 PM, Marlin Dave said:

Everybody will do an iron fitting but nobody wants a putter or golf ball fitting and like you said that's where you score!!!

I would be hard pressed to say everybody and nobody. Blanket statements like that are just tough. Especially with DTC companies and more. 

Ball fitting isn't as common, but testing here on the forum for members is big 

I would just tend to lean away from those all encompassing blanket statements that well are just not true.

David Edel fitted me personally in September 2018 with one of his mallet putters. I don’t know why he got booted from the company. I’d like to test one of the next generation putters. I think my perspective might be unique. 

This is awesome I would love to get a fitting and try out edel finally. I'm in the market for a putter and would love to have it personalized for me. The 4 picked will be very fortunate.

2 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Future and potential testers, please.go read thus post.  

I don't post much here, so I'm not on the short list, even though I've asked to be.  I only post where I have questions or have real knowledge, unlike the majority who post a lot and say very little.

15 minutes ago, flyingwedges said:

I don't post much here, so I'm not on the short list, even though I've asked to be.  I only post where I have questions or have real knowledge, unlike the majority who post a lot and say very little.

Asked to be? 

No profile photo = no selection. I know you are aware of this because I'm previous threads you've participated in its been discussed. 

While I know you don't like our criteria or agree with it. It works and if someone can't follow the simplest things we ask for we are certainly not going to reward/trust them with a member testing opportunity.

Been using the same putter for about 15 years and haven’t ever thought of changing, being fit for a putter when I bought mine wasn’t really a thing to consumers that I know of. Would be really interesting to see the fitting process and if I would end up with something similar to what I have or something completely different.

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Asked to be? 

No profile photo = no selection. I know you are aware of this because I'm previous threads you've participated in its been discussed. 

While I know you don't like our criteria or agree with it. It works and if someone can't follow the simplest things we ask for we are certainly not going to reward/trust them with a member testing opportunity.

I don't post photos on any forum or social media page. It's meaningless criteria, and has no relationship to whether a poster to your site has any knowledge, ability, experience, etc., about testing any tool.  On science boards, no one posts a photo, there are other ways to validate one's knowledge. Hell, call Nick and ask him about me.

4 minutes ago, flyingwedges said:

I don't post photos on any forum or social media page. It's meaningless criteria, and has no relationship to whether a poster to your site has any knowledge, ability, experience, etc., about testing any tool.  On science boards, no one posts a photo, there are other ways to validate one's knowledge. Hell, call Nick and ask him about me.

I don’t think you have to have a personal photo of yourself.  I think you can just put a picture up.  I have one of my golf bag.

4 minutes ago, flyingwedges said:

Just now, Owengeorge13 said:

I don’t think you have to have a personal photo of yourself.  I think you can just put a picture up.  I have one of my golf bag.

This is correct. It can be a photo of anything, e.g.;  a dog, a tree, the grass. 

5 minutes ago, flyingwedges said:

I have a picture of my dog and have been selected for a test.  Like @Owengeorge13 said, doesn’t have to be you.

Mods have been very clear with requirements, one being a photo…it’s ok if you don’t want to post a picture, that’s your decision.

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Moving on... who else is similar to me and almost more interested in the fitting than the product itself?

It’s a great opportunity for those that are selected…will be interesting to see if they are fitted into the model that they would have chosen without a fitting.

Another great opportunity! I would definitely be more interested in the fitting process than which putter I end up with! Never had an in person putter fitting, and it would be great to compare one of these to my L.A.B. and Sacks Parente putters. 

14 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Moving on... who else is similar to me and almost more interested in the fitting than the product itself?

As mentioned by @TJ Hall I would be curious to hear how many were fitted into a model they would otherwise have not chosen. As an example, I game a blade model and I'm not sure how I would react to a mallet style proving to be more effective...

25 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

For me, I have increased my thought process on the fitting process since I joined MGS. Once I narrow down the product choices for me, then work on getting fitted as close to what works the best, and now I find that it still takes me a while to get confidence in the product that was fitted for me. 

Short answer, more interested in the fitting...

37 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

That's honestly the part I'm most interested in hearing about. After seeing the SP putter fitting, it will be cool to see how this compares. 

This Test is now closed to further comments.