Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
5,773 signups
Equipment Type: Golf Balls
Vendor: Titleist

image.png

Want to contribute to the data MyGolfSpy collects?

Welcome to Testers Wanted where we recruit readers like you for objective feedback on products that roll into HQ throughout the year!

Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x are known as class leading, and maybe even class defining golf balls, and in 2023 we're going to get a new revision to the Pro V1 lineup.  As is typical for this phase of the game, Titleist is providing little in the way of details, but short game and wind performance are expected to be a point of emphasis with the new balls.  Because data-driven objective testing is what we do, we need some of you to assess and report back to us at MyGolfSpy.

We are looking for TEN (10) US based testers to help us look for improvements from the prior models and performance differences between these two white box models.  Each tester will receive one dozen Pro V1 and one dozen Pro V1x (two dozen total) for testing.

New to the forum? Want to increase your chances of being selected for testing? Here is a link to a guide which lays it all out for you and will allow you to know exactly how, why and who we select for testing here: How to Become a Tester

Find the Member Test Progress and Review: HERE

116 Comments

I've played the ProV1 for about 50% of my rounds this year which would allow me to compare on a fairly direct basis.   That might be a plus.

One the "minus" side I'd be one of, if not the slowest swing speeds in the test.

I have a friend who owns and operates a year round driving range which has indoor facilities with Trackman equipment on the plus side.

On the "minus" side it's October in Wisconsin (yeah, I know we're not the only people experiencing October...) and the days dwindle down to a precious few in terms of getting out on the course.

On the plus side the course I play most often has as it's chief defense a lot of wind which, if the description of the new balls is accurate, would provide a good testing ground.

And being retired gives me more flexibility in terms of time to test if not the length of my backswing.

I'd enjoy the chance to test these new offerings.

I’d love to test these but with my off-season workouts starting (therefore not going out much) and the weather turning (hopefully, it’s too dang dry and hot here) I couldnt do this test justice. IMO this needs summer greens and many rounds. Good luck testers. Hit them well. Rumor I heard was the prov1 was gonna be more dot like and the X more dash like. Let us know!

I got all excited and signed up to test, but then realized I cannot give it a realistically fair and thorough test with Wisconsin weather shifting. I love my fall golf, but this should be a test completed in ideal weather. I’d like to remove myself from the testing pool, or, forfeit my position if I am selected. Thanks for the opportunity, MGS!

I would be interested in testing.   I am a ProV1 user.  Have tried the left dot and the left dash; I prefer the left dot.

Was tester of the Titleist AVX a few back.  Would love to test the latest version of the ProV1.  

Audie Dunham

Check out my golfing website -- TravelingChicagoGolfer.com -- to learn all about me and why I would be an excellent tester of the new Pro V-1s.  I have played Titleist Pro-Vs (both) for about the last 25 years.

Gary Benson, Chicago, IL

I have been using the ProV1x left dash for a few rounds until I ran out. I only had 2 sleeves. I looking forward to the next generation Titleist golf balls. They are always ahead of the curve.

I read a couple of the comments from the tour pros at thee Shriner's in Las Vegas and they said the balls are better in the wind. Looking forward to hitting and playing with them.

Will be tough to beat Pro V1 or AVX.  I use both…Pro V1 most of the time and AVX when the wind is blowing (less spin off the driver).  And I cheat occasionally (not in competition) by putting the Pro V1 in play in the fairway when I need more spin on the green.

Great opportunity! As retired military  and titleist golf ball user,I have plenty of time to give them a good evaluations. thanks

Being retired and living on the coast of SC means I play year round. Currently play Titleist AVX and being a geezer means swing speed of 85-88 mph with driver. Love this game!

Throughout this entire year, 2022, I've played more often than normal and decided to do an in depth study for me on different golf balls. Throughout the year I tested the Bridgestone line of balls, the Titleist balls, the Srixon balls, a few Callaway balls, the OnCore line of balls and even the Kirkland balls. Not surprisingly the Titleist ProV1x balls were the hands down winners for total overall performance and surprisingly the OnCore and Kirkland balls were quite nice. All these balls were new and played at least 18 holes or more and practiced with. I think this test for me proved a lot not only about the balls but in my game. Now I'm a ProV1x player. Do this test for yourself if you can and enjoy the results as they may be quite surprising.

Just now

Edit

I would love for this to be my initiation into the tester pool! I play year round here in Myrtle Beach, and I am eager to get a chance to be a tester! This one always excites me. Good luck to everyone applying, and I look forward to seeing the results of the testing!

This Test is now closed to further comments.