Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
3,997 signups
Equipment Type: Irons
Vendor: Edel

Edel Golf SMS and SMS Pro Irons

Presenting the first set of irons truly fit to your swing.  Edel golf has designed the SMS and SMS Pro irons to take your game to the next level.

LZ9_0072.jpg

edel_2022_by_lucas_botz_1496.jpg      edel_2022_by_lucas_botz_1439.jpg

Every Edel SMS and SMS Pro Iron comes complete with:

-  Swing Match Weight Technology

-  Forged Hollow Body Construction to Unlock Adjustability and Distance with Plasma Welded Maraging Steel Face Cup for Even More Distance (SMS)

-  Or a Precision Grain Forging for Incredible Sound and Feel (SMS Pro)

-  Players Sole Grind for Turf Interaction Versatility (SMS) or a Tour Inspired Tri-Stepped Sole Design for Enhanced Turf Interaction (SMS Pro)

Would you like to put the Edel SMS or SMS Pro Irons to the test? 

For this review opportunity we are looking for 4 MGS Forum Members to test and keep the Edel Irons!

Testers will be able to chose from in-stock shaft options currently listed on Edel's website and can choose from SMS Irons, SMS Pro Irons, or a blended combo set of irons! 

Testers will also be expected to get fit on their own within a week of selection or provide their known specs to the mod team for ordering.

This Test is open to right-hand golfers located in the United States.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Check out the Edel SMS reviews here

Be sure to check out the Forum Social Channels on Instagram & Twitter

309 Comments

Now these in a combo I’d try in a heartbeat, but alas I’m in the UK. At this rate I may need to emigrate. Not sure the US needs another flying Scotsman though

I live 10 miles from a fitter and would love to compare these to my PXG Gen5 0311P’s.

Love adjustable weights in all my clubs

Heck yes! Thanks MGS! We've still got snow on the ground but I'm sure those new tri-step soles can get through slush and ice just fine!

Would love a chance to try these Irons out. Currently using Ping G410 and , well, maybe they aren't the best ones for me....I play a wide variety of courses from Flat and Windy, to hilly with elevation changes, Links type courses and Park courses. I am not a big distance hitter so anything that would make solid contact a more frequent occurence gratefully received. I do use a Garmin watch and can share Iron and distance data from the 2-3x a week that I play. 22 Handicap....

Awesome opportunity here from Edel. Their product offerings have always intrigued me, but yet to try any of their products out. Good luck to the testers that are selected!

Sounds like a crazy fun test! That combo set seems like it could be the real deal! Would love to compare to my miuras. 

This is cool!  I have tried Edel putters in the past and absolutely love them and their take.  Would love to try out the SMS (i'm currently on MP blades for the last 5 years to try to punish myself into semi-consistent striking, but starting to lean toward something a little friendlier), and I live 15 minutes away from an Edel fitter!

On 3/30/2023 at 7:28 AM, JCP said:

I am a 5'7" woman and have used men's clubs my whole adult life as I've always found women's clubs to be too short and too light. I would really love the chance to give these irons a whirl out on the course. I often post photos of my golfing adventures and would be thrilled to show off these clubs on social media.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10206069742725839&set=t.Jane_Newport-National.jpg.b9dc25adb6fb2dc910700b6be3fba303.jpg

That course looks beautiful, where is it?  Good luck on the entry.

14 hours ago, giantcaptivfrog said:

It'll be interesting to see if the testers see a big difference with the weight positioning. TXG claimed it did, but Ian's swing is automatic.

I have a teachign buddy who can find something wrong with the best of swings 🙂    When he heard I went up there (several years ago for a fitting) he asked me all about TXG and I showed him one of Ian's recent swings.   He said,  "That is a very solid swing"    I almost fell on the floor...ha

Would like to try these out because my Ping G410 irons are beginning to show their age. It would be a Great time to give these a real test and let the other mygolfspy members know if they are as good as they appear. Thanks for the opportunity.

RD

These irons look very interesting. Intrigued to see the result of this test. Nice to see more varitety and pricing coming to the game with companies like these.

This is a very interesting test - an iron that does indeed have the potential to provide an uptick in technology intrigues me.  I'm in to try a blended set as it actually looks like a blended set rather than two different types of irons mashed together with a gap whether the break comes.  

Thanks so much to Edel and MGS for the opportunity to be considered and good luck to everyone who applies - 

Honestly wasn't on my radar of tests I wanted to sign up for, but these irons look great and I'd love to learn more about Edel. Great opportunity for whoever is selected. Thanks Edel and MGS for making this happen!

This Test is now closed to further comments.