revkev

Working the ball

Our Sponsors

Interestingly I had to hit several low shots and one fade yesterday - I was everywhere but where I was supposed to be - I've never had difficulty flighting the ball low or high (although recently the latter has become not as automatic).  Remarkable I pulled off the fade around the tree - 177, pin tucked back behind a trap with traps on the left side of the green - I needed to start the ball at the traps in order to avoid a menancing palm tree oh and of course the wind was into me both for the fade and for the shot to the green.  I actually got a 4 hybrid to cut enough off of those left traps in order to get onto the left side of the green pin high - I also hit it nice and high so that it held that back part of the green - It was easily my most solidly struck shot of the day -

Go figure.

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Tour Exotics EX 10 3 wood

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Obviously I agree with you - I would almost always rather putt on one surface (green) than have to navigate two or more types of grass. (green, fringe, rough, sand, fringe, green - you get the picture)

Also have you considered checking the lies on your irons?  If you have a consistent miss and it's happening often enough it may not be the Indian.

Oh it's definitely the Indian. I have an outside in swing path that I fought to change for years. I finally gave up and just went with it. I hit the ball very straight most of the time, just 10 yards left of where I "feel" like I'm aiming. Anyway, if I can hit that shot 90% of the time I feel like I know where it's going and it has worked great for me over the past 4 years working my way from a 12 down to a career low 6 last year. I just got brand spanking new clubs which have made me even more consistent and my fitter asked me about my over the top swing and decided that if I wanted to play it he wouldn't say a thing. If anything I hit that shot even more consistently now with the clubs more upright than before as my toe no longer drags every once in awhile causing a weak push to the right.

"I'd play a ladies set of clubs if it allowed me to break par."

PING G410 LST Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6

Titleist 17, 19, and 21 degree 818 H2 Hybrids

Ping G700 5 - GW

Titleist Vokey SM7 54 Wedge

Titleist Vokey SM7 58 Wedge

Evenroll ER3

Snell MTB-X

90 percent is the rule I learned - If you can execute it 90 percent of the time you're good to go so I would agree, why change.

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Tour Exotics EX 10 3 wood

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Ok, I haven't read any of the prior posts cuz well, I just came off of a WRX thread where the OP asked what club people hit from 230-250yds, LMAO(I swear, go look, LMAO). The number of numb nuts who respond all serious is hillarious, LMAO. I can go 240yds with my 3 metal and a 5-10yd foot wedge. I'm probably gonna get another warning for my sarcasm, lol.

Anyway, I can't/don't(well, past tense, since it's been a while, lol) "work, curve, bend" the ball. I can, when I have my Steelhead 3+ in the bag(He Stu, we're the only guys that I know still bangin it :) ), say from June on, cuz it is to a metal wood what blades are to irons, however I can bring it left to right( I have a natural 3-5 yd draw), and do it decently, to get out of the sh*t that my last shot put me in or to cut a dog leg.

I can do the same through my bag in the long end, though I cannot do it to fire at pins, #1, I hit a high ball, and when I have to fade/slice one, it is lower and I cannot consistelty control my trajectory, and #2, unlike Lee, who said that you can "talk to" a fade/slice but a draw/hook "don't listen," well, my fade/slice is frickin bone deaf. You can't talk, scream or anything, lol.

I only use it to go around trees and obstacles.

And I always aim for center green.

Have a great week-end Gals/Gents :)

Fairways & Greens My Friends,

Richard

Ok, I haven't read any of the prior posts cuz well, I just came off of a WRX thread where the OP asked what club people hit from 230-250yds, LMAO(I swear, go look, LMAO). The number of numb nuts who respond all serious is hillarious, LMAO. I can go 240yds with my 3 metal and a 5-10yd foot wedge. I'm probably gonna get another warning for my sarcasm, lol.

Anyway, I can't/don't(well, past tense, since it's been a while, lol) "work, curve, bend" the ball. I can, when I have my Steelhead 3+ in the bag(He Stu, we're the only guys that I know still bangin it :) ), say from June on, cuz it is to a metal wood what blades are to irons, however I can bring it left to right( I have a natural 3-5 yd draw), and do it decently, to get out of the sh*t that my last shot put me in or to cut a dog leg.

I can do the same through my bag in the long end, though I cannot do it to fire at pins, #1, I hit a high ball, and when I have to fade/slice one, it is lower and I cannot consistelty control my trajectory, and #2, unlike Lee, who said that you can "talk to" a fade/slice but a draw/hook "don't listen," well, my fade/slice is frickin bone deaf. You can't talk, scream or anything, lol.

I only use it to go around trees and obstacles.

And I always aim for center green.

Have a great week-end Gals/Gents :)

Fairways & Greens My Friends,

Richard

Welcome back RP. Yep the old Cally is still in the bag. I can hit a heck of a bullet ball with it( better known as a stinger) These guys at the beach call it the "Stuey Stinger" but I can also hit a high soft cut with it also. Also changed the gamer irons since we last talked. I am now hitting brand new 2014 Infiniti TS-10s which are a forged cavity back and I swear they hit like a cross between my old MP33s and a Miura no joke. My friend the Infiniti dealer built them for me frequency matched shafts and all. They don't have any Stu modifications at all. my other friend who is a Miura dealer and builder also builds Infinitis calls them poor man's Miuras

Driver Homna  G1- X Stock Homna Regular shaft

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

20* Hybrid Adams Boxer Ozik Matrix R shaft

24* Hybrid Adams A 10-OS Pro Launch Red R

Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW- Macgregor LRA 56* S-400

Putter 1997 Santa Fe rusty as heck