Our Sponsors

I would give them a call.  Their number is on the website.  At least you will see if someone answers the phone.  :)

The person I dealt with was Barry Simpter, but he now has a Ben Hogan address; don't know if it is the same.  Good luck!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pretty easy. Don't rush.  If you have nay problems, let us know.  Plenty of people out here have been doing it for a while.

I just hope they do a better job spelling Hogan than they did Scor.  Just seems like the wrong anser on a test. 

Just bought a Scor 50, 54 & 57 off ebay and am stoked!   I can't wait to get them into my bag.  My Mizuno JPX Pro's PW is 45* so this should follow nicely.

Thanks Kenny B.  Seems logical enough that I should have thought of it myself.

Now that I have your attention (and any other SCOR users please chime in) what are your thoughts about the SCOR wedges being "form" forged vs. the Hogan TK wedges being "regular" forged?   I've read that some reports that form forged doesn't feel as good.

And what about the Hogans not having the same grip with the dots?  I've read that a lot of you guys like the dots on the grip for dialing in distances on less than full swings.

I'm looking for feedback/reasons why one would choose one over the other (SCOR / Hogan TK) if I was able to get either?

Thank you.

What's in the Bag:

Driver: TaylorMade SLDR 10.5 (set to 11.5), Kuro Kage Aftermarket Only Blue 60S, NDMC+4

Fairway: Callaway Big Berth Alpha 815 14 (set to +2,N), Speeder 665 Stiff, NDMC

Hybrid: Adams XTD-ti 20 (set to 19.5), Matrix hQ3 Red Tie Stiff

Irons: Mizuno JPX 825 Pro 4-GW, KBS Tour Stiff, 1* flat, Blue PURE DTX

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T11, 56/13 & 60/5, DG Spinner, Blue PURE DTX

Putter: Bettinardi Studio Stock 15, 34", 5* loft, 2* flat, SuperStroke Slim LITE 3.0 

Bag: Mizuno Aerolite SPR stand bag

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo Urethane (summer), Srixon Q-STAR Yellow (winter)

Max,

I can't comment on the forging and I haven't seen the Hogans yet.  Maybe the Hogans feel better, but honestly I don't see how; the SCORs feel great to me.  If I were just starting to look at getting wedges, I would give the Hogans a try, simply because they are new.  If I could get a deal on the SCORs though, I would jump on it!

My biggest issue is getting the SCORs to match the feel to my other irons (i20's).  The SCORs feel better, so I am looking for mid-irons to match them, since I have SCORs down to a 9-iron equivalent.  I will look at the Hogans, but still worry about matching the feel because the shafts are different.

As for the grip...  It was OK, and felt very much like my Pure grips on my other clubs, but I never really used the dots, I go by feel on how much to grip down.  I don't think I am good enough to consistently hit distances from the "dots".  The grip seemed to get slick fairly quickly, and I replaced them with the Pure grips as soon as I felt a little slipping (about 4 months).  I bought my first two SCORs (58 and 54) about a year ago and just changed the Pure grips that have been on them only because I change Pure grip styles; they still felt fine.  The nice thing about the Pures is that I can remove them with air and reuse them on other clubs!

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Max,

I spent a few hours at the range this morning. I bag the SCORs in 45, 50, 54, 58. I can't speak to the difference between "form forged" and "regular forged". I will say that the feel of them isn't that far off from my MP-54s.

I still have the stock grips on them and I do use the dots as reference points on different shots. One of my big focuses this year is to dial in my wedge shots from 100 and in using arm position in conjunction with the dots so that I can commit to the shots more so than just going by feel. They're convenient to have on the grip but I don't think it will be a big deal when I have to replace them.

Once it gets time to replace the SCORs I'll likely look into getting the 50, 54, 58 in the Hogan wedges. I really enjoy the SCORs and they're by far one of the best purchases I've ever made. I really don't think you can go wrong either way.

• Like 1

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

I heard that the company sold out their stock of SCOR wedges a few weeks ago and didn't know they still had the SCOR site "live."

It's worth calling them to find out, but if I were looking to replace my SCOR wedges, I'd likely check eBay.  I doubt there's any "bootleg" SCORs around, since they were, more or less, a niche market product.

What's In The Bag

Driver :titelist-small:

Titleist 913 D2 10.5* (set to 9.75* / Neutral) 46" Paderson KINETIXX Kevlar Green - R

Fairway Wood

Tom Wishon 949 MC 16.5* Fujikura Speeder 569-A

Hybrid  :cleveland-small: Hibore 22* Aldila VS Proto Blue

Irons  :ping-small: G series 5-P

Wedges :ping-small:Glide 54* SS / 60* TS - SCOR 53*

Putter     :nike-small: Nike Method 001 / P2 Reflex grip 35"

Ball

Master Grip Tour C4

Bag

Datrek DG Lite  

Thank you for sharing your feedback, especially the comparison to the MP-54s.  I have Mizuno irons and wedges so they set my standard for forged feel.  Nice to know the SCOR is not too different.

• Like 1

What's in the Bag:

Driver: TaylorMade SLDR 10.5 (set to 11.5), Kuro Kage Aftermarket Only Blue 60S, NDMC+4

Fairway: Callaway Big Berth Alpha 815 14 (set to +2,N), Speeder 665 Stiff, NDMC

Hybrid: Adams XTD-ti 20 (set to 19.5), Matrix hQ3 Red Tie Stiff

Irons: Mizuno JPX 825 Pro 4-GW, KBS Tour Stiff, 1* flat, Blue PURE DTX

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T11, 56/13 & 60/5, DG Spinner, Blue PURE DTX

Putter: Bettinardi Studio Stock 15, 34", 5* loft, 2* flat, SuperStroke Slim LITE 3.0 

Bag: Mizuno Aerolite SPR stand bag

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo Urethane (summer), Srixon Q-STAR Yellow (winter)

Look what arrived at my office today.......Happy Happy Joy Joy....now I will drop my 3W, 52* & 56* wedges, adding the 50, 54 & 57 to the bag.  The 50 had the original Scor grip, kinda slick but I should be able to ewash it back to life.  The 54 & 57 have new Golf Pride grips.

IMG_1145.JPG?guid=messagepart%3AINBOX%2F

• Like 1

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Look what arrived at my office today.......Happy Happy Joy Joy....now I will drop my 3W, 52* & 56* wedges, adding the 50, 54 & 57 to the bag.  The 50 had the original Scor grip, kinda slick but I should be able to ewash it back to life.  The 54 & 57 have new Golf Pride grips.

IMG_1145.JPG?guid=messagepart%3AINBOX%2F

Pic didn't come through for me, but congratulations!  I know you will like them.  I could never get the SCOR grip "ewashed" back to life so changed them all to Pure.

• Like 1

I could never get the SCOR grip "ewashed" back to life so changed them all to Pure.

I have a box of Pure Wraps just waiting to be used.....since I have never done grips before, this will be my first time using air to install grips....

• Like 1

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

I have a box of Pure Wraps just waiting to be used.....since I have never done grips before, this will be my first time using air to install grips....

Pretty easy. Don't rush.  If you have nay problems, let us know.  Plenty of people out here have been doing it for a while.

• Like 3