What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

Hey Spy bots 😎
It’s a rarity that I buy /change equipment ! Recently I pulled the trigger on a new set of irons , ( my JPX900 forged weren’t cutting it ) . Yes, I researched tons of clubs & it came down to Two . Sirixon ZX5’s and the new 480 TC forged irons by New Level Golf. I actually hit the ZX5’s and loved them , but there was something intriguing about the 480 TC’s 🤷🏻‍♂️. After researching their site & Shaft recommendations, I actually ordered a set of golf clubs that I had never hit… (what ???) I know, Right ? 😂 .  I’m 70 & still fairly long , so I ended up with the following. $-Taper KBS (R+) 115 grams , 1/2” longer 4-PW. As it turns out , this company and their clubs are the real deal . Surprisingly these may be the best irons I’ve ever hit & for a lot less $$$ than the Sirixon’s. Prefect example of why you should buy from a small boutique American company, customer service was exceptional !

Thanks New Level Golf 

Vince Lake

Wild Quail C.C. 

Edited by Vince Lake

Vince Lake

On 9/20/2024 at 7:22 AM, Shapotomous said:

I ordered a Galway Bay 1/2 sleeve rain jacket.  They have limited sizes left on sale.   I expect to play a good bit this fall and hope it is mostly in dry weather but just in case.... I already have a pair of their pants so i am ready!

Screenshot_20240920-091941.png.fb0b4b0f98aae0b511a4075fea417ae1.png

I ordered a pair of rain pants from them the other day! Hands down the best rain gear available. 

Clubs, duh 😏

2 hours ago, Vince Lake said:

Hey Spy bots 😎
It’s a rarity that I buy /change equipment ! Recently I pulled the trigger on a new set of irons , ( my JPX900 forged weren’t cutting it ) . Yes, I researched tons of clubs & it came down to Two . Sirixon ZX5’s and the new 480 TC forged irons by New Level Golf. I actually hit the ZX5’s and loved them , but there was something intriguing about the 480 TC’s 🤷🏻‍♂️. After researching their site & Shaft recommendations, I actually ordered a set of golf clubs that I have never hit… (what ???) I know, Right ? 😂 .  I’m 70 & still fairly long , so I ended up with the following. $-Taper KBS (R+) 115 grams , 1/2” longer 4-PW. As it turns out , this company and their clubs are the real deal . Surprisingly these may be the best irons I’ve ever hit & for a lot less $$$ than the Sirixon’s. Prefect example of why you should buy from a small American boutique company ,?customer service was exceptional !

Thanks New Level Golf 

Vince Lake

Wild Quail C.C. 

Edited by Vince Lake

Vince Lake

On 9/20/2024 at 6:17 AM, Dan1993 said:

Picked up a few more accessories and odds and ends for the bag last night!

Driver and Hybrid Cover

image.png.7f440df12fefea44eaa666cb2951d2b6.png image.png.49949e4c5d8b30887d8ffcf08374ba19.png

Blue Tees Magnetic towel

image.png.260392ba3799cd167eeebc72f0be2ad0.png

And a case of lake fodder

image.png.65f6d65345f887bad848b882ba9ed4e1.pngBUT! What really grinds my gears! Purchase a 600$ driver from Callaway, and you don't get a wrench to go with it! WTH!! So had to pick one of those up as well

image.png.f5ec134112040fdb26a4a63f0d6fcd56.png

No one gives out the wrenches with every club now a days. That basically died during covid. Most manufacturers figured you probably already had one. Also with the supply chain issues, that was the first thing that was cut because there weren't enough to go around for all the clubs. It's also cheaper not to give one. Titliest still gives one with a new driver and some companies still send one for online purchases only.

:ping-small:G430 Max 10k 9°

:cleveland-small:3+ Hy-wood 17°

:cleveland-small:4+ Hy-wood 20°

:ping-small:4 Hybrid 22°

:srixon-small:Zx5 mkII 5i-P

:cleveland-small:CBX 48°, CBX FF 53° & 58°

:cleveland-small:Frontline Elevado 

:srixon-small:Z-Star

1 hour ago, GolfinWdbry said:

Sweet. Very happy with this. 

125095ab-337c-466c-81d0-6a3087fcffd5.jpg

729d5c9a-6abd-448e-a78a-bc85fadeaa56.jpg

88889736-aa03-445b-9082-f28247fd5eea.jpg

It really can’t be said enough these covers are just awesome!

Just love the look and details on these!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Titleist U505 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons (4-PW)

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

I posted here a few days ago how I've had some good luck with finding golf clothes while thrifting. Well... I think I might've bought my best find yet:

IMG_5450.jpg.f788680cec97c992505e4cada44945fb.jpg

Pebble Beach "The Art of Golfing".

From my guess this shirt is straight from the course ProShop/store as I can't find anything online even close to this shirt, It also has a Pebble Beach tag. Crazy to think I bought this in Toronto, Canada. If anyone could identify it let me know! 

Check your local thrift store, as you never know what you'll find! 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 - TENSEI AV Series White 65 Stiff

3wood: Taylormade Stealth - Ventus Blue Stiff 

Driving Iron: Ping Crossover 3iron - Ping Stiff 

Irons: 4-PW Titleist AP2 - Dynamic Gold S300 

Wedges: 52 Vokey SM6 (F Grind), 56 Vokey SM8 (D Grind), 60 Vokey SM9 (M Grind)

Putter: LAB MEZZ.1 MAX

Ball: Titleist TruFeel 

GPS: Garmin S70/CT10 Sensors (Current MGS Tester)