Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Miura irons

jkim

These are premium irons most people are not familiar with them.  Make sure you go to a Miura dealer and get fitted.  You will not go wrong with these irons no matter which model you chose.  I play the baby blades at 66 years old.  :) They are so easy to hit and have great feel.  There are various game improvement models you will like also.  My whole set is Miura from the driver, 3 wood, two hybrids and tthree wedges.  Go big.  You won't regret it.

Hi jkim. It's harder to find reviews on Miura irons as they aren't nearly as popular as the big OEM brands. Miura's new product cycle is nothing like the OEM's either. While Taylor Made, Callaway, Ping all come out with a new iron every year, maybe two, Miura doesn't roll new designs out that fast. I'm not sure when Miura had a new iron come out, it might be the 1957's which have been out for a while now. Another thing, Miura is a niche product, and many golfers don't even know what Miura's are.

My favorite MyGolfSpy blog post is still the one where Tony went to NYC and got fit for a set of Miura's. It's a great read and an experience I'm totally jealous of.

A google search is your best bet to find Miura reviews. I have a pair of Miura wedges, a 60* K Grind and a 55* C Grind. Both fantastic wedges. They are just beautiful forgings and they perform too.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

Here is a link to MyGolfSpy's review of the Miura CB57 irons

http://www.mygolfspy.com/miura-cb57-iron-review/

And my favorite blog post where Tony gets his Miura fitting.

http://www.mygolfspy.com/the-best-irons-your-money-can-buy/

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

WITB:

Rife Legend Z Putter

These are premium irons most people are not familiar with them.  Make sure you go to a Miura dealer and get fitted.  You will not go wrong with these irons no matter which model you chose.  I play the baby blades at 66 years old.  :) They are so easy to hit and have great feel.  There are various game improvement models you will like also.  My whole set is Miura from the driver, 3 wood, two hybrids and tthree wedges.  Go big.  You won't regret it.

Hi Jack, and welcome to the boards.

I agree that the Miura brand carries a certain mystique, and that they are a very desirable set of irons to own and play. I do take issue with the statement that the Baby Blades are "so easy to hit"  

2009limited-blade_back.jpg

By definition, this is NOT easy to hit.  

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Sweet I just purchased a set of used cb3002 with ns 1050gh shafts what I get that they are pretty old but still excited to hit them once I get them. But just wanted to see how many more miura fans out there.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Very nice jkim. I'm a fan. My next set of irons will probably be Miura, although I'm not sure which model. The CB57's are probably what I'd go with, but you can't go wrong with any of their forgings.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Rife Legend Z Putter

I just hope when they arrive they are what they turned out be. even though With the Limited reviews on YouTube and few articles about them and it's hard to make a decision to purchase a brand new set. So purchasing a used set to give them a try before commuting to a huge investment.

I've only been able to try one Miura iron and it was one of the most incredible feelings I've experienced from an iron. I had to stop quickly before I made the rash decision to go all in and order their ridiculously expensive sets. If you have the money, you need to try them for yourself and find a good custom fitter with heads in stock.

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Accra TZ5 65 X-Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* w/Fujikura Ventus 7X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 23* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Titleist 718 CB 5 iron w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist 718 MB 6-PW w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist SM7 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Bettinardi Queen B 10 34.5"
Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

I just hope when they arrive they are what they turned out be. even though With the Limited reviews on YouTube and few articles about them and it's hard to make a decision to purchase a brand new set. So purchasing a used set to give them a try before commuting to a huge investment.

Well when they arrive give us a little review on them. I'm sure they will be nice and the great thing is resale prices are very good so you shouldn't take much of a hit if you decide they aren't for you.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Rife Legend Z Putter

I am lucky one of the regulars in one of the groups I play in is our local Miura dealer. He is also one heck of a builder and fitter. I get to hit some of his demos from time to time and they are sweet. One problem is I can't afford them. But they are great irons period. He also has his own line of shafts built to his specs with his shop name on them and the combo is sweet

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

• 6 months later...

Archived