Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Waterproofs

sh34rer

Its now that time of year again and waterproofs are a definite feature of every round - especially over hear in scotland!

I've got into the habbit of wearing the trousers themselves (not over trousers) as i know that i will enveitably have to put them on at somepoint.

My set (sunderland players) are about 4 years old and are no longer keeping me dry. Im looking at a new set and in particular the Galvin Green range but am i just paying for the name????

What's Inside My Ping Hoofer

Driver: TMaG R9 SuperTri TP Aldila Voodoo SvS6

FW Wood: Callaway xHot 3 deep Pro Projext X 6.0

2 Iron: Callaway x Utility Proto 18 deg Project X pxi 6.0

Hybrid: TMaG Rescue 09 21 deg Motore F1

Irons: 4 - PW Callaway X Forged 13 KBS Tour S

Wedges: Titliest Vokey 52' 56'

Putter: Scotty Cameron GoLo S

Grips: Golf Pride Decade Multi-Compound Cord

Ball: Titliest ProV1x

Its now that time of year again and waterproofs are a definite feature of every round - especially over hear in scotland!

I've got into the habbit of wearing the trousers themselves (not over trousers) as i know that i will enveitably have to put them on at somepoint.

My set (sunderland players) are about 4 years old and are no longer keeping me dry. Im looking at a new set and in particular the Galvin Green range but am i just paying for the name????

I have a Galvin Jacket (plus a few other non waterproof items like trousers etc) and I have to say the quality is exceptionally good, the GoreTex is, obviously, perfectly watertight and the attention to detail superb. That having been said I also have an Aqaulite suit from ProQuip that I bought from The Carlisle Golf Centre which is superb - light, quiet and breathable - and I could have bought three full suits for the same price as a Galvin Jacket!

All in all, if you are playing in really bad weather all the time in the winter, the GG is the absolute business - but I recommend checking out the ProQuip first (also I believe they are based in Scotland, although I think they have just been bought by Edinburgh Woolen Mills. Its the same manufacturer that helped the US Ryder Cup team out when their Sun Mountain suits didn't make the grade (allegedly!)

Hope that helps.

sun mountain suits????

do you mean those hidious nike air max shellsuits????

no wonder tiger refused to wear them!!!

Your pointers were exactly what i needed and although i take onboard the pointers on the proquip and have also heard good stuff about them. I'm now at the situation that if i was to buy anything else i'd always be wondering - would the galvin's have been better than these?

http://www.direct-golf.co.uk/images/prod_images/alternate/large/5802_3.jpg

there on order £130

What's Inside My Ping Hoofer

Driver: TMaG R9 SuperTri TP Aldila Voodoo SvS6

FW Wood: Callaway xHot 3 deep Pro Projext X 6.0

2 Iron: Callaway x Utility Proto 18 deg Project X pxi 6.0

Hybrid: TMaG Rescue 09 21 deg Motore F1

Irons: 4 - PW Callaway X Forged 13 KBS Tour S

Wedges: Titliest Vokey 52' 56'

Putter: Scotty Cameron GoLo S

Grips: Golf Pride Decade Multi-Compound Cord

Ball: Titliest ProV1x