Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Putter Test

fixyurdivot

While practicing last week I decided to see what the pro shop had for putters to trial.  Straight off they hand me a Scotty Cameron.  I spent about 20 minutes testing it.  Very nice looking, felt great, but was not outperforming my PING.  I then (tongue in cheek) asked if they had anything a little more pricey.  George chuckled and we headed to the PING rack.  I told him what the PING on-line fitting system recommended and I ended up testing the Sigma 2 Anser and Sigma 2 Valor.  Both of these also felt great and I would say that the Valor actually performed as well or a bit better.  I'd never tried a mallet style head and found the very long alignment stripe to really stand out and offer some aide.   

image.png.fd59e165cf067939cad513efe4a596f3.png

My B61 (I was amazed to see they still make the B60!) has the traditional PING grip. All of the putters I tested had the oversize style grips and I really like the feel of the PING PP60.  I wonder how that grip might work on my putter?

image.png.638ba91ddd5db30d5a9d9abda313ee22.png

I must say I don't really care for the look of the mallet head style putters, but if I continue to move towards buying a new one,  the Valor will be among the baseline to test against.  I should probably test the Tommy Armour given its review/award results - but none in the area.  Adding to my hesitancy on a new putter is my realization from last weeks practicing (and how I tested these putters) that my takeaway speed was way too fast and slowing that down has resulted in much better results the last two rounds.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

I love testing putters and after testing many over the Last few weeks I am really interested in a mallet. The problem is I don’t know which one. I actually like the new milled version of the TA3 better than the one that won most wanted.

After testing about 100 putters for most wanted you really notice how each performs differently and that just picking up a putter may not be the best option. Try them and see how well you start them online and how well you can control dispersion. I don’t like the color combination on the new pings, but they do roll the ball well.

Keep us informed on what you pick.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Did they have any of the new Hepplers in stock?  I really want to try the new Ketsch with the multi-material design.  I think that I like having the alignment aid closer to the face of the putter.

Address view of Heppler Ketsch putter

I also really like the PP60 grip.  I'm currently using the GP Snsr tour, but would definitely go back to the PP60 - great feel and control.  I also tried the oversized PP62, but it was too round and just provided very little feel.