Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Taylormade M2 and Rogue irons

Oscar10

I’m scheduled for a fitting at a GolfTec on Monday and am going to get fit for a driver. However I was swinging my super speed sticks before with my swing radar and checked out my 7 irons from two sets of clubs I have. M2 with regular steel shafts and Rogue with Graphite. I played with the Rogue which I got used all of  last year. I had been planning on sending the M2 to Global for credit but never got around to it. Anyway, I noticed my swing speed on average, to my surprise was about 73 mph with the Rogue and 78 with the M2. Now I’m wondering if I should just get fitted for irons as well cause I obviously don’t know what I’m doing. I’m 68 and can use all the distance I can get. Will the new clubs, sim2, G425, Rad speed and the like be that much longer than the irons I already have? I’m an 11 handicap with a pretty good short game. Thanks

After re-reading this post I realize that I’ve asked a stupid question. And the answer is for the most part no. The M2 irons came out in 2016 while the Rogue came out in 2018 so the technology has not overtaken these clubs I wouldn’t think. The Rogue obviously has the wrong shaft for me with the Aldila 60ir-R synergy and the M2 steel Reax 88 steel shafts are a better fit. No perfect but better. Only a shaft fitting would tell. But new clubs are probably not going to help my distance problems very much and will hurt my pocket. I tend to hit the center of the club face and a pretty straight high flying ball (too high sometimes) so it is what it is. When the driving ranges open I’ll taken both back out and see which ones I like the feel of better now that I’ve been working on my speed all winter. LOL. Thanks