Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

SIM2 Tensei 1K White...No False Advertising

bens197

2 minutes ago, bens197 said:

I am going to keep this simple.  The Tensei 1K white is a smoother feeling version of the Ventus line.  The SIM2 feels like what you'd expect from a TaylorMade head and the difference maker was going to be the shaft.  So while I tried to explore Ventus v Tensei, I am pleased with how this worked out.  I'll give it to you guys in a couple bullet points and if anyone has any questions, fire away.

Anti-Left.  I was swinging terrible today and couldn't dial up a duck hook or a double cross.  It was tight.  The dispersion is right there with my Ventus, XLinkTech is AOK.

Penetrating.  When I am hitting the ball well it gets up and carries, this shaft combo drives the ball but still carries; it was almost fascinating to see.

Soft and loading.  You can feel the head travel into impact and through the ball quite nicely.

While I LOVED my LST, I found a great replacement and if anyone is curious about this combo, I would recommend giving it a shot.

IMG_3763.jpeg

IMG_3764.jpeg

IMG_3765.jpeg

For the minute I had the Sim 2 Max head it was LONG, looked great, felt great, sounded great, etc. I really miss having a buddy at CC to demo everything and do a true fitting because I really think it would work well for me with the right shaft.

Man, yours sounds like it’s just right!!! So awesome!!!! I’d LOVE to try a 1k!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

shaftshack 😉

Truth is I wanted to have the visual symmetry between woods.  It's a bonus that this pairs up so well together.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Also to add...I am a 112-116 SS guy and the X is just right.  I toyed with the idea of a TX but this setup at 60X is just right.  

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

that’s a damn fine looking combo. i love my sim2

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

2 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

that’s a damn fine looking combo. i love my sim2

Thx dude...next will be playing around with where to hit it on the face and to see what I can get out of it.  I loved favoring a little closer to the toe on my LST for a high straight ball so we'll see how that works with this head.

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

• 4 months later...

So glad I stumbled upon this thread and would love to add to it.

I have a been gaming a 1K in my Mizuno STZ and everything you are describing is spot on. I also swing about 110-112mph and I have the 60TX tipped it 1/2in and this thing does not want to go left unless I do something terribly wrong. The feel is super stable and great swings are rewarded with a nice kick at impact along with a penetrating ball flight. Slight misses result in a gentle cut so I can just aim down the left hand side and fire away without any real fear.

I also did a little bit of a shaft comparison between the 1K and RDX Smoke Black on trackman and found some interesting results. The reason for comparing the 1K to the RDX Black (60g and 6.5 flex) is that it was the stock shaft in the STZ that I purchased and a shaft I really get along with as well. Something to keep in mind for the Testing is that Trackman doesn't let me name the target so I had to do 2 different yardages to 2 different targets. The Blue target at 277 is the 1K and the red target at 278 is the RDX Black

Dispersion: Again this shaft is anti left unless you put a bad swing on it and that is exactly what that one blue dot off to the left is the result of. However it still was closer to the centerline than 2 of the most left shots from the RDX Black.

image.png.e18cccd33e71c578203574e580f1e4cb.png

Trajectory: Both shafts had pretty tight trajectories as well along with each shaft having a really bad hook shot into the mix but again the 1K is still tighter even with those far right shots that can get a bit high in the air.

image.png.3841500a2afb7b2765b7c77326a3b52f.png

The Numbers: Ultimately these shafts were delivering the club head to the ball pretty much the same and it would be tough to find many differences between them. However the 1K was giving me a few more yards of carry and averaging 300.0 yards of total distance on the dot. Those two factors with a tighter dispersion and a predictable shot pattern are all a lethal combo out on the course. 

image.png.c8ba030fc15551ab035d291e3d7dc3dd.png

Conclusion: Was this a perfect test? No, it was a test of 5 shots with each shaft one after another and 5 shots is only a brief flash in a season. However I did have to be on for each swing and could not alter the data from the test so assuming 10 pretty decent swings this is what I could expect from the good, bad, and ugly from each shaft. One more thing that I did notice during the test was that even at the 60g weight class the 1K felt on the heavier side and when I looked up the specs the uncut weight of the 1K was 68g and the uncut RDX weight was 59g. This was really eye opening for me and something I am gonna pay more attention too in the future. Just because a 2 shafts is in the 60g weight range does not mean they are gonna be even close to each other so do some due diligence on the shaft manufacturer's website.

Driver:  :titleist-small: TSR3 8°, set to A1, Graphite Design UB 7X 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small:SIM 3 Wood 15°, Aldila Rouge Silver 7X

3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 18°, Ventus Blue 8S

2 Utility: :srixon-small: ZX Utility, LA Golf Tour AXS Blue, (15th club)

4i-AW:  :srixon-small:ZX7, Tour Issue Dynamic Gold 120's S400

56°: :Sub70: TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

60° :Sub70: TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :L.A.B.: Mezz1 Max

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour BX

Forum Reviews: 

:Sub70: Official Member Review Sub 70 TAIII Wedges

:Nippon: Official Member Review Zelos 7 Shaft Review

:vokey-small:Unofficial Vokey SM8 and Wedge & Wedge Works Review 

:srixon-small:Unofficial Srixon 2021 ZX7 Iron Review

:titleist-small: Unofficial TSR3 Review

2 hours ago, ZMendle10 said:

So glad I stumbled upon this thread and would love to add to it.

I have a been gaming a 1K in my Mizuno STZ and everything you are describing is spot on. I also swing about 110-112mph and I have the 60TX tipped it 1/2in and this thing does not want to go left unless I do something terribly wrong. The feel is super stable and great swings are rewarded with a nice kick at impact along with a penetrating ball flight. Slight misses result in a gentle cut so I can just aim down the left hand side and fire away without any real fear.

I also did a little bit of a shaft comparison between the 1K and RDX Smoke Black on trackman and found some interesting results. The reason for comparing the 1K to the RDX Black (60g and 6.5 flex) is that it was the stock shaft in the STZ that I purchased and a shaft I really get along with as well. Something to keep in mind for the Testing is that Trackman doesn't let me name the target so I had to do 2 different yardages to 2 different targets. The Blue target at 277 is the 1K and the red target at 278 is the RDX Black

Dispersion: Again this shaft is anti left unless you put a bad swing on it and that is exactly what that one blue dot off to the left is the result of. However it still was closer to the centerline than 2 of the most left shots from the RDX Black.

image.png.e18cccd33e71c578203574e580f1e4cb.png

Trajectory: Both shafts had pretty tight trajectories as well along with each shaft having a really bad hook shot into the mix but again the 1K is still tighter even with those far right shots that can get a bit high in the air.

image.png.3841500a2afb7b2765b7c77326a3b52f.png

The Numbers: Ultimately these shafts were delivering the club head to the ball pretty much the same and it would be tough to find many differences between them. However the 1K was giving me a few more yards of carry and averaging 300.0 yards of total distance on the dot. Those two factors with a tighter dispersion and a predictable shot pattern are all a lethal combo out on the course. 

image.png.c8ba030fc15551ab035d291e3d7dc3dd.png

Conclusion: Was this a perfect test? No, it was a test of 5 shots with each shaft one after another and 5 shots is only a brief flash in a season. However I did have to be on for each swing and could not alter the data from the test so assuming 10 pretty decent swings this is what I could expect from the good, bad, and ugly from each shaft. One more thing that I did notice during the test was that even at the 60g weight class the 1K felt on the heavier side and when I looked up the specs the uncut weight of the 1K was 68g and the uncut RDX weight was 59g. This was really eye opening for me and something I am gonna pay more attention too in the future. Just because a 2 shafts is in the 60g weight range does not mean they are gonna be even close to each other so do some due diligence on the shaft manufacturer's website.

Everything you're saying is hitting just right.  After a short time during some range work I just looked up and said wow, this thing is legit.  I can confidently say that this driver / shaft combo (for me) is insanely long.  The accuracy has been documented but my final rounds of the season were incredibly fun to play.  I can only give yardages from the course rather than a trackman...I was averaging my final two rounds of the year, averaging, 316 off the tee.  This was fall golf...ground was not super hard and not rolling far.  For comparison, my G400LST with an EvenFlow Black 60X was in the high 290's.  

While it was expensive, I won't even think about second guessing this purchase.  Feel, dispersion and distance...All said this was the best I have found...it's worth it.

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

1 hour ago, bens197 said:

Everything you're saying is hitting just right.  After a short time during some range work I just looked up and said wow, this thing is legit.  I can confidently say that this driver / shaft combo (for me) is insanely long.  The accuracy has been documented but my final rounds of the season were incredibly fun to play.  I can only give yardages from the course rather than a trackman...I was averaging my final two rounds of the year, averaging, 316 off the tee.  This was fall golf...ground was not super hard and not rolling far.  For comparison, my G400LST with an EvenFlow Black 60X was in the high 290's.  

While it was expensive, I won't even think about second guessing this purchase.  Feel, dispersion and distance...All said this was the best I have found...it's worth it.

Definitely on the pricy side but it is well worth it when paired with the right clubhead. I was fitted into the shaft with my old 410LST but I was drawing to the STZ's at my local range as they were on sale for $299 which is a steal. I tried it out with a CK Pro White 70TX and was seeing great results so knowing the CK Pro isn't far off from the 1K I pulled the trigger on the STZ and got it built up with the 1K 60TX and haven't looked back. 

I would definitely recommend a professional fitting over the process I did but I am the exception not the rule. I work with Trackman multiple times a week, understand my swing and numbers very well, know what my ball flight should look like outside, and where it could be improved. I also want to say I took a bit of a gamble but I made a more or less educated decision. 

Driver:  :titleist-small: TSR3 8°, set to A1, Graphite Design UB 7X 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small:SIM 3 Wood 15°, Aldila Rouge Silver 7X

3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 18°, Ventus Blue 8S

2 Utility: :srixon-small: ZX Utility, LA Golf Tour AXS Blue, (15th club)

4i-AW:  :srixon-small:ZX7, Tour Issue Dynamic Gold 120's S400

56°: :Sub70: TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

60° :Sub70: TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :L.A.B.: Mezz1 Max

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour BX

Forum Reviews: 

:Sub70: Official Member Review Sub 70 TAIII Wedges

:Nippon: Official Member Review Zelos 7 Shaft Review

:vokey-small:Unofficial Vokey SM8 and Wedge & Wedge Works Review 

:srixon-small:Unofficial Srixon 2021 ZX7 Iron Review

:titleist-small: Unofficial TSR3 Review