Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Scramble rules

pulledabill

14 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

The typical scramble is 1-2 groups on every hole and no gimmicks is 5.5/- hours

small scramble groups can’t be compared to a typical scramble 

I play with those who only play a couple times a year and have no problem maintaining pace of play.

Ive been paired with random golfers who also only get out a few times a year. Never had a pace of play issue on courses that are strict about sticking to pace of play.

Generalizing occasional golfers is silly

A scramble that takes up the entire course and has one or two groups a hole is a different animal. However, my point is just not all scrambles are slow. I was just offering that not all scrambles are slow or bad.
Also wasn’t generalizing occasional golfers. I was referring to those that only play in an event like a scramble because they really aren’t golfers. There is a huge difference of someone that shows up occasionally and keeps a good pace of play and most of the people I have seen show up at events that can’t hit the ball. Two different animals. Thought I made that clear.
I will also say some of the slowest rounds are in men’s club tournaments with other single digit handicaps that think they are the tour. They drive me more nuts than a new golfer. 

Edited by Javs

Play like a champion today!

I enjoy playing in scrambles. Still want my group to play well and put up a good score as is fun. But gave up long ago on caring how we place as there are always a few groups that just write down whatever scores they want just to win. 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

Two comments.

If you choose to play a ball in the rough, don't move it to the fairway.  You hit it in the rough, so play from the rough.

If you play in scrambles where the people cheat and post lower scores to win, you should check out of that scramble and fiind another one.

Jerry

Driver: Taylormade Sim 1

3 WOODS and  HYBRIDS (3-5): Tour Edge w. graphite shafts

Irons: (6-GW): Sub 70 699 w. graphie shafts

Wedges (52 & 56): Vokey Series 7

Putter: Long (48 inches) 

Balls: Titleist Pro V1x

3 hours ago, Koncelor71 said:

Two comments.

If you choose to play a ball in the rough, don't move it to the fairway.  You hit it in the rough, so play from the rough.

If you play in scrambles where the people cheat and post lower scores to win, you should check out of that scramble and fiind another one.

Jerry

Well, it's up to the organizers. Every scramble I remember playing has that same "rule" - keep it in the condition.

But as previously(?) noted, the Rules of Golf make no distinction between rough and fairway. They are both in the "General Area".