Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

2019 vs. 2021 MGS Golf Ball Test

I would like to see a side by side comparison of the data comparing the 2019 ball test to the 2021 ball test. With the USGA ball restrictions are their differences between the same ball models? I have been looking at the two sites and for the top end balls, I can only see a very small difference or none. With the golf ball market shortage in 2021 and projected in 2022, we amateurs might look at the 2019-2020 models. Your thoughts.  

Played golf for over 50 years until my health and business calendar reduced my time to less then 5 rounds a year. Then 4 years ago I retired, changed my diet and lifestyle, lost 100 pounds and got back on the course. Its been a struggle but things are getting better.

38 minutes ago, Richard Fahrney said:

I would like to see a side by side comparison of the data comparing the 2019 ball test to the 2021 ball test. With the USGA ball restrictions are their differences between the same ball models? I have been looking at the two sites and for the top end balls, I can only see a very small difference or none. With the golf ball market shortage in 2021 and projected in 2022, we amateurs might look at the 2019-2020 models. Your thoughts.  

Looks like you need an Excel “wizard” to help you out. Honestly, there really aren’t going to be any drastic differences between two consecutive models, a couple hundred rpms of spin, a couple feet of peak height difference, maybe a couple tenths of ball speed difference, and maybe a small change in descent angle, but it won’t be drastic. 

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

56 minutes ago, Richard Fahrney said:

Sounds like you did the comparison yourself; minimal differences.    Not sure what you are looking to understand, but find the ball you are currently playing,  find the data and then find similar balls.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Also the swing/club variables changed for the 2021 test (not to mention incidental environmental and measurement variance) so a true apples to apples comparison across years is not really possible. Results from each test really need to be evaluated in a silo. 

:titelist-small:  TS2 9.5

:titelist-small:  909F2 15.5

:titelist-small:  690.CB 3-PW

:titelist-small:  Vokey SM5 50, 56

image.png.e50b7e7a9b18feff4720d7b223a2013d.png   Works Versa 1W