Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

HAS ANYONE TRIED THIS WITH TAYLORMADE SIM2??

A key reason I would consider Stealth is the front moveable weight giving a distinctive forward centre of gravity, low spin profile. My experience is I tend to hit the sweet spot more often than not (as confirmed by a recent fitting), so forgiveness is not a significant selling point for me - However, low spin/ball flight is...

I've hit my SIM2 very well since I started with it last spring, but similarly to previous testings of TM's more 'forgiving' options of SIM2 Max, SIM, M6, M4, etc. the forgiveness is nice, but spin and higher ball flight tends to rob me of distance. I have to say, my Fairways Hit % has been my best ever w/SIM2 as an aside.

My question is, would reducing weight on the back end of the SIM2, while reducing forgiveness, decrease spin and lower my ball flight??

I purchased an aftermarket 8g weight vs. the 'stock' 16g, and went to my local Golftown to get them to switch it out (You need a L20 torque wrench to loosen the stock weight, and they had one with a proper handle that despite the 'blue lock tight' screw, the stock weight was removed w/ease).

I won't be able to test out until the People's Republic of Ontario comes out of our latest lockdown the week of Jan. 31, but I assume this change should assist and have the desired effect? Anyone else try this??

Thanks,

- Ian

:taylormade-small: Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S) 
:taylormade-small: BRNR Mini-Driver 11.5D* (Fujikura Vista Pro 55S) 
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S) 
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
:taylormade-small: Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110 S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
:taylormade-small: My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters* (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride :taylormade-small: Pistol
:taylormade-small: My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
:taylormade-small: Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red) :taylormade-small: TP5 Golf Ball
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart / :skycaddie: SX550 GPS / :bushnell: ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

Having less weight in the back may work for some but not everyone. Whether it impacts forgiveness or not is hard to say because that change in weight will change spin. If it changes it too much then it will kill forgiveness and cost distance.

Most people go heavier not lighter unless they need spin and launch.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

The change in swingweight could be an issue. From my rough mental calculation, removing 8g from the head would decrease the swingweight by 4 points (others correct me if I'm wrong).

Cobra F9 9.5° (Hzrdus Yellow X)

Cobra Speedzone 15° (Tensei Blue X)

Srixon H85 19° (Hzrdus Black 85 6.0)

Mizuno MP20 MMC 4-PW (KBS $ Taper 120S)

Mizuno T20 51°, 55°, 59° (KBS $ Taper 120S)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 34"

Srixon ZStar

• 2 weeks later...

So, ended up w/various weights in addtion to the stock 16g.

Hit them all today in an indoor session, in addition to the stock SIM2 backweight offering, hit 8g, 12g, 16g and 20g. Surprisingly the 20g worked quite nicely being the most forgiving, the 12g, which I thought would be a less dramatic change from the stock 16g, really didn't work well at all for some strange reason...

Hands down the 8g worked best for what I was trying to achieve, lower spin, launch and improved ball speed and distance. Not by much when all is said and done, but no demonstrative difference in feel or forgiveness with the lighter back weight.

I played the entire 18 holes at Pebble on the simulator after my tests, and overall my driving was great. 

All said, I decided to go to my local Golftown to hit Stealth Plus as I was all warmed up. All I can say is 'wow', Stealth killed SIM2 in almost every category for me - I realize it's all different for each individual golfer, but I did an 'apples to apples' comparison using my current Ventus Velocore black in the Stealth...

I'll likely be taking the plunge on Stealth, it just feels so much better than SIM2 and it was a joy to hit. 

Appreciate all the commentary as an aside.

Thanks guys!

:taylormade-small: Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S) 
:taylormade-small: BRNR Mini-Driver 11.5D* (Fujikura Vista Pro 55S) 
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S) 
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
:taylormade-small: Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110 S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
:taylormade-small: My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters* (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride :taylormade-small: Pistol
:taylormade-small: My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
:taylormade-small: Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red) :taylormade-small: TP5 Golf Ball
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart / :skycaddie: SX550 GPS / :bushnell: ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)