Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Why I may not rush to play golf in Texas ...

Moecat

http://espn.go.com/dallas/golf/story/_/id/7548062/golfer-lose-leg-stabbing-being-allowed-play-through

A man who was allegedly stabbed during a fight at a Texas golf club over being allowed to play through could lose the use of a leg as a result, The Star-Telegram of Fort Worth reported.

The 48-year-old man, whose name was withheld by the newspaper over his fear of retribution, suffered a punctured femoral artery when he was stabbed in the leg with the shaft of a broken golf club, a Tarrant County Sheriff's Department spokesman said, according to the report.

The attack happened on Jan. 27 at a golf course at a resort near Eagle Mountain Lake, after the alleged victim's group asked to play through, believing the group ahead of them was playing too slowly, according to the report.

A club official had instructed the golfers in the group ahead to let the alleged victim's group play through, the alleged victim said.

But an argument broke out and became physical, and in the process a golf club was broken, said Terry Grisham, a spokesman for the Tarrant County Sheriff's Department, according to the report.

The alleged victim said the attacker stuck the broken shaft of the golf club through his leg and pulled it out, puncturing his femoral artery twice, the newspaper reported.

Muscles in the injured leg have atrophied from lack of blood flow, the alleged victim said, according to the report.

"If it does not regenerate, it will be no good to me," he said, the Star-Telegram reported.

A criminal investigation is ongoing, Grisham told the newspaper.

A criminal investigation is ongoing, Grisham told the newspaper.

Slow play is a criminal offense in Texas. :D

But the foursome was allowed to continue on as a threesome. :D

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

You can come play my club. It has been years since we've found any bodies floating in the lake. And that was an escaped felon so it hardly counts. :P

check out the very first line of the web page for the Golf Course....

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

You can come play my club. It has been years since we've found any bodies floating in the lake. And that was an escaped felon so it hardly counts. :P

They found a body at one of the courses I frequent last year. One of the very old members passed away of a heart attack on the course. IMO, I can't a better way to go than suddenly while having fun, as long as it's not some other member skewering you with a broken shaft.

Years ago, I am told, at my club on the 18th hole, there was a group of old men. One of them was in the bunker. He holed it out, and his buddies were watching the ball go in the hole and yelling. When they looked back, he was dead in the bunker. Massive heartattack. There is some question of if he really holed out or just hit it close, but there is no question of he hit the shot and fell over dead when he hit the ground. The pro shop guy saw him go from his follow through to crumpling on the ground in one motion. He landed about the same time as the ball.

The other story about the escaped convict was he got away and was still handcuffed. He was running though the woods at night and ran off of the dam. The trees stop on the top of the dam. He hit the freezing water and sank. They looked for him all night. A couple of days later he was found floating in the lake. Not sure if he was a convict or just under arrest but I do know he could not swim.

Years ago, I am told, at my club on the 18th hole, there was a group of old men. One of them was in the bunker. He holed it out, and his buddies were watching the ball go in the hole and yelling. When they looked back, he was dead in the bunker. Massive heartattack. There is some question of if he really holed out or just hit it close, but there is no question of he hit the shot and fell over dead when he hit the ground. The pro shop guy saw him go from his follow through to crumpling on the ground in one motion. He landed about the same time as the ball.

The other story about the escaped convict was he got away and was still handcuffed. He was running though the woods at night and ran off of the dam. The trees stop on the top of the dam. He hit the freezing water and sank. They looked for him all night. A couple of days later he was found floating in the lake. Not sure if he was a convict or just under arrest but I do know he could not swim.

I guess it would be hard if not impossible to swim while being handcuffed

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Archived