Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Ping ChipR

null

So that was fun.  What makes using the ChipR hard on this pitch and putt is it is always very wet (they water the hell out of the course every night, there was standing water in a few holes!) and all of the greens are raised to a degree so it is very had to consistently land the ball in front of the green and bounce it on.

But man, I shot -1!!!!

3 birdies and two bogeys on 18 holes.  Got up and down a ton of times from around the greens.  

My new favorite shot to hit with the ChipR is this little spinny cut from 40-60 yards away.   I open the face a bit and use a normal grip.  The ball comes in extremely flighted and tails slightly to the right, bounces twice and then stops due to spin.  Once I got that shot down today, it was almost automatic.  

Now if I wanted to truly play for the lowest score, I would absolutely use my 58* on at least half the holes just so the ball could land and stop on the green on some of the smaller greens that were more raised in the front, but man the ChipR is versatile. 

I finally got to local Golf Store this afternoon.  They had a few oddball chippers nothing LH.  Talked to one of the owners and he said he keeps selling Ping ChipR as soon as they come in especially with women.  It’s September 2nd and place was crowded!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list