Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

MyGolfSpy: One Word Survey

GolfSpy_APH

Been nearly 2 years since the last one, but it's that time again.

Head here: https://mygolfspy.com/2022-brand-perception-survey/

Fill out the survey and in a few weeks or so we will get the results!

Between now and then any predictions for any brands? Has PXG shed that label of being annoying or brash? What changes in brands do you think we will see from the last time? What about DTC companies? 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

22 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Been nearly 2 years since the last one, but it's that time again.

Head here: https://mygolfspy.com/2022-brand-perception-survey/

Fill out the survey and in a few weeks or so we will get the results!

Between now and then any predictions for any brands? Has PXG shed that label of being annoying or brash? What changes in brands do you think we will see from the last time? What about DTC companies? 

No DTC companies in the survey,  it they would probably be considered more of the followers.   I think PXG is still arrogant, but they do produce high quality clubs.  I also think PXG has passed by Ping as the lead innovators.   It is interesting when thinking about the brand as a whole and not for specific clubs.   For example is Mizuno a leader across the board or just with irons?   I think MGS has had an influence in the marketing companies do so there appears to be less dishonesty in the industry.   When taking the survey, some of the negative one word options had the answer of none of the above.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

No DTC companies in the survey,  it they would probably be considered more of the followers.   I think PXG is still arrogant, but they do produce high quality clubs.  I also think PXG has passed by Ping as the lead innovators.   It is interesting when thinking about the brand as a whole and not for specific clubs.   For example is Mizuno a leader across the board or just with irons?   I think MGS has had an influence in the marketing companies do so there appears to be less dishonesty in the industry.   When taking the survey, some of the negative one word options had the answer of none of the above.   

I had similar answers and made the post before taking the survey.

What my be cool is one word survey only for the DTC companies. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

5 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

What my be cool is one word survey only for the DTC companies. 

Would make me wonder if enough people knew about the DTC brands to make an option other than never heard of them or they get good reviews but never tried them.    For example other than devoted forum users who has heard of Sub70?  Even on forums like WRX and THP, there are a lot of posters that have never heard of them.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Just now, cnosil said:

Would make me wonder if enough people knew about the DTC brands to make an option other than never heard of them or they get good reviews but never tried them.    For example other than devoted forum users who has heard of Sub70?  Even on forums like WRX and THP, there are a lot of posters that have never heard of them.  

True. All valid points. It is a space I have certainly become more interested in and not just because I am on the forum or own Sub70, but for many prices of equipment is a lot or too much and they off more budget friendly prices with still solid products.

Maybe it ends up being a side project for me which i send out to our Forum?

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

2 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I think this speaks to the quality of the membership on the MGS Forum... we are a pretty golf educated group as a whole. 🙂 

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

Everyone get their votes in? 

What are your top brands for the positive single words? Also curious what some of the forum member answers would be for the companies like Tour Edge or Wilson and Bridgestone? When you think of these companies also what do you think of first clubs, balls, or something else?

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

44 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

What are your top brands for the positive single words? Also curious what some of the forum member answers would be for the companies like Tour Edge or Wilson and Bridgestone? When you think of these companies also what do you think of first clubs, balls, or something else?

It's funny because I did the survey right before I tried (and bought) a Callaway Rogue ST Max hybrid. I had previously never liked anything Callaway I had tried to hit, mostly because I always remembered their early 2000s irons that felt like plastic. I always saw them as marketing hype and sponsorship rather than innovation but this hybrid they made is seriously awesome so props to them. 

When I think of Tour Edge I think of them being good quality for the money but not quite able to keep up with the second tier of OEMs (like Cobra and Srixon). Wilson is a classic company that, unfortunately, seems to be competing with Mizuno and Titleist. I don't necessarily think of them as innovators though people seem to love the D9 irons. Their woods seem cheap. 

Bridgestone I think of balls first and then their J33 cavity irons that are VERY cool. But I rarely see their clubs stateside. 

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* ➖ PinHawk SLF 16* ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

• 3 weeks later...

image.png

Well base results are in. Guess what? Titleist is clearly leading the pack in consumer perception. Although we have to wait a bit longer for full results I think this is pretty striking to see!

https://mygolfspy.com/2022-golfers-choice-awards/

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW