Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Launch Monitors

I have been racking my brain and the more I research the more confused I get as to which budget friendly launch monitor on the market is going to be most accurate both indoors (net) and outdoors on a range. 
I have been taking lessons all winter, my pro is using a GC3. I play on a simulator once a week (uneekor eye xo), the numbers are not close at all.

I ordered a rapsodo mlm, the numbers were comparable to the eye xo but not GC3 (In my research it appears the GC3 is more accurate). I had a friend lend me an ES14 he no longer uses, now I know why he no longer uses it.

I see a lot of people using Mevo, Garmin R10 & rapsodo (even though I returned mine). Has anyone used a multiple of these budget friendly devices and which one would you recommend? Again, hitting into a net and range.

look forward to your opinions/ reviews

:titelist-small: TSi4 10° w/ stiff Tensei White                         

:titelist-small: TSi3 15° w/ stiff Tensei White

:titelist-small: TSi2 19° w/ stiff Tensei White

:ping-small: I-Blade 4-PW +1" Blue Dot

:titelist-small: Vokey SM5 52°,56°,60°

:odyssey-small: O-Works Tank 7

:titelist-small: AVX

:Arccos:

Link

If your wallet doesn't cry, look at the SkyTrak. It uses a camera based system so it's pretty damn accurate and can be used indoors and outdoors.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

IMO, they are budget friendly for a reason.  You probably will not find a device that is 100% accurate with what you see on the course.  All of them process data in some way to come up with the presented information.  Indoors they don’t see the entire ball flight so they can’t interpret ball aerodynamic.   Indoors camera systems seem to be a better option.  Outdoors radar systems work better than camera systems.  

If you look at the protocol for the MGS ball test in 2021 they used both a trackman and GCQuad because they needed to validate different things.  

while this is last years buyers guide it may help you figure out what will work best for you: https://mygolfspy.com/buyers-guides/golf-technology/buyers-guide-best-personal-launch-monitors-2022/

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Isn't the difference going to involve range ball quality vs regular balls used at a home net set up ?

Driver FW - Titleist 917

Irons 4 to 8 - Titleist T300 2° flat

Irons 9 to wedges - George Nicoll Royal musclebacks 70s vintage

Putter - Scotty Cameron Select blackout

I have the Garmin approach G80. It only gives 3 values, and you can use it while golfing as it gives you the hole layout and distances . 

Taylor made P790 4-pw 

sim 5 fairway wood

ping hybrid 

taylor made grind pw 54 and 60 degree

putter by gambi looks like Phil Mickelson putter

Balls: prov 1 ,Taylor made 5X, Kirkland signature 3 peice 

use Garmin G80 

6E2B08A6-C123-4D69-9DF0-781FF0376F85.jpeg

I have the SkyTrak and have put it up against the Trackman with surprising results. Nearly every ball stat is right on. SkyTrak suffers a bit when hitting outside, but if you're in the shade, or the sun is behind the unit, you're good. Mevo+ is a nice option but doesn't pick up chipping or putting very well (if you eventually want to get into sim golf). You can find a used SkyTrak for $1400 or so.

DR: PXG 0311 Gen 5 with Tensei White Extra Stiff
3W: PXG 0211 with Tensei White Extra Stiff
3H: Tour Exotics EX221 with HZRDUS Smoke Black Stiff
IRN: 2021 PXG 0211 with MMT Mitsubishi Stiff 
54/58: Cleveland CBX
P: Wilson Infinite Buckingham

I have been an long time user of the first Rapsodo and I guess lucky as I have not had issues like others. That said the reviews and usergroups talking about the new Rapsodo @$699 look very good so I would add that to your list.

:honma: Driver, 3W & 5H

:taylormade-small: P790 4-PW S-Taper S

:benhogan-small: 50, 54, 58

:odyssey-small: 7S

If you are looking for a product with accurate distance that won’t break the bank go with the PRGR. Added bonus is you can use it for speed training if you ever decide to go that route also.

Callaway junkie with a Scotty for the win.

I’m in this boat as well! With limited space in my garage, I’ve decided to go the skytrak route. I don’t plan on taking it outdoors, even though my range has 8 bats that are covered, so it could an option. I’ve been doing some research & reaching out to other skytrak users, to pick their brains. It seems like the best option, for me. 

Cally Epic Flash 3 💎 / HZRDUS 1100- 6.5/tipped 1.5”

TM M3 3wd HL/ Rogue 80x

Srixon 785/ DGTI x100s

Bridgestone Tour B/ 52°&58°- DGTI s400

Scotty TEI3 Long Neck

I have now used a radar-based system (Mevo+) and a camera-based system (Wiz-I) extensively over the past 6 months.

The upside of the radar-based systems are that they can be very accurate if you dial it in properly and never move it. The downside is that this check-and-guess process may not be for the faint of heart, and you really need adequate ball flight indoors (probably at least 20' total from unit to screen), and it will always struggle with putting and probably some chipping.

The upside of the camera-based systems is that they are very consistent, don't require as much space (they'll work anywhere you have enough space to swing the club), and do well with chipping and putting. The downside is that, outside of the highest-end units, they probably are not quite as accurate as the radar units.

If I was putting one in my house (which I have considered, but unfortunately just don't have space for), I would go with a SkyTrak on my budget. The downside is the lag time, but it seems to give you the most bang for your buck in balancing price, accuracy, consistency, compatibility, and ease of use. 

Whatever you do, I would buy a used one and try it out. If it doesn't suit your needs, re-sell it and you'll get most if not all of your money back. 

PXG 0211 driver, 5w, 6i-PW, GW, SW; Titleist H1 4h; Odyssey White Hot mallet.

I’ve been eyeing the Rhapsodo MLM - any feedback on using it inside / outside?

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

8 hours ago, CFreddie said:

I’ve been eyeing the Rhapsodo MLM - any feedback on using it inside / outside?

If you are looking at the older model and not the oncoming release, you can find a forum review of the product here: 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

The original Rapsodo seems to be pretty decent given the price point, if you own an iOS device. Especially if your primary purpose is taking it to the range to measure carry distances or to track your swing speeds. I feel like it's sort of an SC200 or PRGR with an app interface (if you have an iOS device).

The MLM2Pro seems to be a significant upgrade at a higher price point. If it delivers what it says it will at that price point, Mevo+ is in trouble. That said, I think that the first ones just shipped a few days ago, so hopefully we'll start to see some in-depth reviews coming soon.

PXG 0211 driver, 5w, 6i-PW, GW, SW; Titleist H1 4h; Odyssey White Hot mallet.