Myrtle Beach Gems

Happy putter

Hey all,  headed to Myrtle Beach with an open calendar for a week.  I have never been so looking for the best courses in the area!  What are some suggestions?  Many thanks in advance.  

Pxg0211 cor2 irons

Pxg0311 hybrids

Mavrik driver

ray cook putter

cbx wedges

I have only been once but we played 5 courses while we there, I would rank them in this order:

Pine Lakes (great conditions, forgiving golf course and good staff)
Myrtle Beach National King's North (a few gimmicky holes but they were memorable, good conditions, can get challenging in certains parts)
Grande Dunes Resort Club (good conditions but this is a fairly difficult golf course, the greens were EXCEPTIONALLY fast)

Don't recommend:
Beachwood (this is a fairly rundown property)
Azalea Sands (incredibly firm and most of the grass is thin or dead, not a good experience)

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5*/STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25*/ Pro Fli-Hi 21* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* / Carnoustie 60* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

11 hours ago, Happy putter said:

Hey all,  headed to Myrtle Beach with an open calendar for a week.  I have never been so looking for the best courses in the area!  What are some suggestions?  Many thanks in advance.  

The link below should help. It was published in August.

https://www.coralbeachmyrtlebeachresort.com/blog/play-golf-in-myrtle-beach/

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Qi10 - 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.0 Stiff
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Qi10 - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
5 Wood: :taylormade-small: Qi10 - Ventus TR Reg
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 9 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

I would recommend Long Bay in the North Myrtle Beach area, and also Aberdeen in Long's area.

Aberdeen is a shorter course, usually in good condition, and doesn't have the higher prices some of the other courses do.

Any of the Barefoot courses also would be recommended,

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

I haven’t been in more than 12 years, and can’t remember all the courses I’ve played. Always loved Long Bay and MBN Kings North.  From the top of my head I remember liking the wizard and man o’war.  Also seems like I really liked litchfield a lot, but can’t remember anything about it. 

after reading the article @GaDawg posted, I remember the Heritage being really nice also

Courses I remember not liking, the wizard, wicked stick, wild wing avocet 

Edited by unccross

Jnr

I would suggest True Blue and Caledonia. I have been twice in the past three years and greatly enjoyed these course. You can book directly through their website and include accommodation for relatively short money. There are also condos on Air Bib at the condos in the middle of the two course which is nice. If you pick one strategically you could walk to either course (though it is a bit of hike up Caledonia's drive). You cant beat the vibe at these two places. The staff is super friendly and accommodating and both course are spectacular. Depending on what you are looking for Pawley's Island (where the two courses and located and in South Myrtle) is a more relaxed and perhaps less contrived then the rest of Myrtle. Great place to focus on the golf. Cant go wrong here. You could mix in other course like Pawley's Plantation (newly renovated), Heritage, and Founder or hit some of the other course up on the way from the airport. Also check out Frank's Steakhouse one of the nights, another great spot.  If you are looking for the discount of Myrtle and beautiful setting and course away from the hustle of Myrtle this is the spot. 

Driver: Callaway Rogue Ventus Blue VelvoCore 6X 

3 Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth Ventus Blue 6X 

3 Iron: Titleist U505 Hzd Smoke 7x 

4i-6i- Srixon 585 KBS Tour V 110 S 

7i-PW: Srixon 785 KBS Tour V 110 S

50, 54: Vokey SM9 Dynamic Gold 120S 

60: Taylormade Hightoe Dynamic Gold 120S 

Putter: Scotty Super Select Newport 2.5 

I’m down in Myrtle every year(probably been there 20 times). MB is split into three sections. North, Central, and South. From one end to the other is about a 1-1/2 hour drive. North and South are less crowded and more relaxed. I prefer to stay in NMB. 
 SMB courses Caladonia, True Blue, Heritage, Pawleys Plantation are my favorites

NMB courses Long Bay, Thistle, Rivers Edge,  Barefoot Dye course, Tidewater

Central courses Pine Lakes, MBN Kings North, World Tour (interesting but you get to play famous holes from around the world), Shaftsbury Glen

Grande Dunes is supposed to be very good but I haven’t played that one yet.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

I would second one of Tom the Golf nuts suggestions for NMB.  Rivers Edge  one of the nicest, and most picturesque courses I have played.

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Hybrid:  Callaway Apex Pro 2H 

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 

Putter:  Ping  Scottsdale Wolverine

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV