Stix Golf Sets - 2024 Forum Reviews

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Follower out testers main posts via the links below

@Rob Person - Perform Graphite Set - Main Post 

@climberboy2000 - Perform Steel Set - Main Post 

@Matumbo - Play Full Set Series - Main Post 

@ZJeb67 - Compete Driver - Main Post

I've been looking at the Stix Perform set too! They definitely look sharp in that black finish, but it's all about performance really.  The forgiveness claims are interesting  -  I'd love to hear from someone who's been gaming them for a while.  Do they hold up or is it just marketing hype?  Also, how's the feel compared to other irons?

3 hours ago, xylostarjames said:

I've been looking at the Stix Perform set too! They definitely look sharp in that black finish, but it's all about performance really.  The forgiveness claims are interesting  -  I'd love to hear from someone who's been gaming them for a while.  Do they hold up or is it just marketing hype?  Also, how's the feel compared to other irons?

Working on my final review today. I believe I will be able to answer some, if not all of your questions.

≈=====================

Here is some video of yesterday's somewhat head to head performance.  It may be time to for me to invest in a laptop with video editing software.  While the phone provides some great clarity, editing on it is a pita!  😆 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Great review @ZJeb67 !  On the adjustment side, while it is a combined loft and lie cog, does it offer multiple single adjustments for each degree. IE, 10⁰ -5, 10⁰ +5, 9⁰ -1, 9⁰ +1, etc

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

30 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Working on my final review today. I believe I will be able to answer some, if not all of your questions.

≈=====================

Here is some video of yesterday's somewhat head to head performance.  It may be time to for me to invest in a laptop with video editing software.  While the phone provides some great clarity, editing on it is a pita!  😆 

Definitely make sure to get a wireless keyboard and mouse for the editing. Using the touchpad on laptops is just a nightmare for almost anything, but especially for any editing.

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :mizuno-small: M.Craft Type VI

Ball: :odin:

7 hours ago, xylostarjames said:

If you click on my placeholder at the beginning of this post you can see my full review.  But to answer your question.  I've been playing them exclusively for almost 2 months (and I play outside multiple times/week and indoors as well).  The black finish has held up well (have some pics in my review), but more than that, they feel great in the hands and my ball striking is just as consistent, if not better than with my Mizuno 225 Pro irons.  I've been really impressed with how the STIX irons perform in the rough.  I've had some shots where the balls went a club further than my other clubs from the rough.  From the wedge standpoint: I've had just about every name brand wedge over the years and I'd put the STIX wedges up against any of those.  I feel that the balls just pop off the face and my wedge play over the last two months has been really good. 

Even though the driver doesn't have any adjustability, it also has a good weight distribution and feels solid to swing.  For the most part I drive the ball well, but like all of us, my driving accuracy can vary from round to round.  With the STIX driver I've had rounds where I'm hitting it 250-275+ straight down the fairway for the entire round, which rivals my Titleist TSi3 that I normally play.  The 4 hybrid is also a great feeling club and I've been hitting it well.  

And then the putter...I was a little leery at first sight due to the "blockiness", but after putting with it I really like the weight and feel of it now.  With a large grip, I have made a lot of putts this past month and feel confident when I stand over the ball that I can putt my intended path.

I think the best thing about STIX is that you get an entire bag of clubs that perform well and will help you hit consistent shots for a relatively cheap price (compared to buying name brand and building a bag).  Will they work for everyone, maybe not your 130 swing speed golfers, but for the average golfer I'd recommend them to anyone.  So far they have been good enough to win me about $500 in tournaments over the past month 🙂 

Hopefully that helps, but let me know if you have any other questions.

Live Life...oh and golf a lot!

In the Bag:

Driver & 3 Wood: Titleist TSi3                Hybrids: Callaway Paradym and Ping

Irons: Mizuno 225 Pro  (5-PW)               Wedges: Taylormade MG4 50*, Taylormade Hi-Toe 56*, Ping Glide 4.0 60* (Vokeys are resting downstairs right now 😁

Putter: Alternate between Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 and Scotty Cameron Phantom 12.5

Final review is posted!!!  Thanks everyone for following along!  I've really enjoyed thus!

On 6/27/2024 at 8:40 AM, Rob Person said:

Great review @ZJeb67 !  On the adjustment side, while it is a combined loft and lie cog, does it offer multiple single adjustments for each degree. IE, 10⁰ -5, 10⁰ +5, 9⁰ -1, 9⁰ +1, etc

Yes, it's single adjustment. Loft and lie change together.

It is factory set up to 9 loft 60 lie.  (red marks align for factory setting)
20240628_124559.jpg.4a4842b41b7ad235382b9853247b2d43.jpg
The adjustments are:
8/-0.5
8/-1.5
9/-2
10/-1.5
10/-0.5

6 settings in total.
(Looks like I better try them all 😀)

20240628_124245.jpg.50a5eeb7dedd7644e4bc318869545f1a.jpg

Edited by ZJeb67
update settings\pics

Driver - Stix Compete
7W - :ping-small: G5
9W - :callaway-small: Big Bertha War Bird
5H/SW - :callaway-small:Edge 
6H - :ping-small: G15
5-PW - :macgregor-small: MT-86 OS
56 - Kirkland Signature 
Putter - :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro

Great final review @Rob Person very thorough indeed. Looks like the putter marks won't affect the performance much which is a plus. Can't wait to hear about what's next in store for all of you testers that will continue to game the clubs in the future.

WITB

Great final write up @Rob Person I’ve enjoyed following this test and it’s been good to see you improve with the Stix. Let’s hope it continues 👍

Driver: IMG_5084.png.5fbbd783dcc8d621f65db4e523c4867a.png G430 Max

Fairway: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg LTDx Max 3 wood

Hybrid: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg King Tec 3 hybrid

Irons: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg Forged Tec 4-PW + GW

Wedges: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Jaws 56

IMG_5733.jpeg.1e4058deebcd18f2f88ac5dcaa6c8149.jpegSM9 52

Putter: IMG_5308.webp.c1f0b99088f53de60d3349e71f9c2844.webp Mallet

Ball: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Chrome Soft

Great review Rob. I also have the 14 piece Perform set, plus the new Compete driver, and I agree with you. Thank you.

Drivers: Stix Compete & Stix Perform, stiff graphite

Fairways: Stix Perform 3 & 5 stiff graphite

Irons: Stix Perform 5-PW and Maltby KE4 Max 4-GW

Wedges: Stix 52, 56, 60 and Cleveland ZipCore CBX 50, 54

Putters: Stix mallet, Stix Butter Putter, Cleveland HB3 Soft

9 minutes ago, Whats-a-fairway said:

Great review Rob. I also have the 14 piece Perform set, plus the new Compete driver, and I agree with you. Thank you.

Did you buy it separately or did you have the option to upgrade the driver?

5 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

I bought it separately.

11 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

I want to add that although I think it has a little more "pop" than the standard driver, I have found that I'm not as predictable with it. With the standard driver I knew that I was going to hit a slight draw about 240-250 most of the time. But, as is with most of us, I wanted MORE. I haven't taken it out of the bag yet, but I'm close. The standard driver just worked better for me. The Compete driver may be on the market soon.

I also have their limited edition Butter Putter. I found, for me, that a center-shafted putter doesn't fit me. The standard putter is fantastic as is.

What's wrong with us? Lol.

Nice review @Rob Person, glad to see the performance of these clubs!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Thank you everyone.  In all honesty, I really feel that I benefited more than Stix did from testing these out. I also have a new baseline of personal data for helping me decide on which clubs I may want to purchase in the future when the time comes to replace these.

BTW, i did not know these also have a warranty. I used the autobot chat feature on the website and got an email reply.

Any issue that arises due to failure of the  regular parts, is eligible for replacement within 1 year. Pretty cool, huh?

Thanks to my fellow spy testers for providing their insight and results as well. I've enjoyed this journey together,  and will offer updates regularly here as I continue to play these!

22 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Thank you everyone.  In all honesty, I really feel that I benefited more than Stix did from testing these out. I also have a new baseline of personal data for helping me decide on which clubs I may want to purchase in the future when the time comes to replace these.

BTW, i did not know these also have a warranty. I used the autobot chat feature on the website and got an email reply.

Any issue that arises due to failure of the  regular parts, is eligible for replacement within 1 year. Pretty cool, huh?

Thanks to my fellow spy testers for providing their insight and results as well. I've enjoyed this journey together,  and will offer updates regularly here as I continue to play these!

I honestly believe the reviews were great and if I were considering a Stix set, I can only hope this test would pop up in my search. I could see this catching a second wind once the forum testing review article is published.

WITB

2 hours ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

I honestly believe the reviews were great and if I were considering a Stix set, I can only hope this test would pop up in my search. I could see this catching a second wind once the forum testing review article is published.

Some other thoughts I should have put in my review...

Whether you are a Beginner,  novice, or experienced golfer, these clubs would work for anyone I believe.  While I can't discern levels of forgiveness yet at impact,  they perform well with alot of mishits.  If you look at the face wear, you can tell where I struck the ball the most on each club. That's a positive to the black finish in my opinion.  Also, direction control was another topic I didn't speak of much. Controlling the draw or fade I needed became very accessible with my swing. Something I was not able to do with the foremost clubs. Im.sure it was also relative to the lessened weight of graphite shafts, and the loft of the heads.

I did email them to gain some knowledge about the shafts.  Here is the reply they sent back

Screenshot_20240628_210543_Chrome.jpg.e75b012f84975322dbc789c34f39a00a.jpg

All the local courses were closed yesterday from the early morning downpour.
I set the Stix Compete Driver to the 9 degree loft/ -2 degree adjustment and hit my longest sim drive to date.

Chomping at the bit to get it out on the course.

CompeteJune29.png.fbedd4b09039cc44169dcc587f7f3740.png

Driver - Stix Compete
56 - Kirkland Signature 

The updated stix compete driver setting is just right.

Best distance on course for me

1000004650.jpg.e8ca686a4e349a0320a96055d572f736.jpg

1000004652.jpg.01486832065b6663f8e4504859ddf9c3.jpg

Edited by ZJeb67
Pic

Driver - Stix Compete
56 - Kirkland Signature 

Stix has the 3 wedge set on sale for $125. Black finish, graphite shafts in Stiff flex, length options available!  Plus I think there is a $50 off first purchase code floating around too!

Screenshot_20240702_152405_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240702_152412_Chrome.jpg

On 6/28/2024 at 12:15 PM, Rob Person said:

Final review is posted!!!  Thanks everyone for following along!  I've really enjoyed thus!

Great stuff Rob, certainly enjoyed following this along as you went through it all and glad the clubs are working for you. Fully agree that stuff like this is great to see how they work for the average/club golfer and seeing how they perform out in the wild. Good on ya!

:callaway-small: Callaway X 416
:mizuno-small: Hybrid 19° - JPX850
:cobra-small: Baffler 23° Hybrid
:mizuno-small: Irons - MPH4 5-PW
:vokey-small:SM7 54°
:cleveland-small:RTX Zipcore Full-Face 50° & 58°
RUNNER Mallet putter  

1 hour ago, SDunne said:

Great stuff Rob, certainly enjoyed following this along as you went through it all and glad the clubs are working for you. Fully agree that stuff like this is great to see how they work for the average/club golfer and seeing how they perform out in the wild. Good on ya!

Thank you!  I certainly enjoyed the struggle and the rewards throughout this test!

I'm hoping these are durable,  and will last awhile because I'm genuinely enjoying them! I'm also optimistic that I can improve my game even further with them enough to 1 day break 80!

On 6/30/2024 at 5:53 PM, ZJeb67 said:

The updated stix compete driver setting is just right.

Best distance on course for me

1000004650.jpg.e8ca686a4e349a0320a96055d572f736.jpg

1000004652.jpg.01486832065b6663f8e4504859ddf9c3.jpg

That's awesome for you!!!

On 7/2/2024 at 2:24 PM, Rob Person said:

Stix has the 3 wedge set on sale for $125. Black finish, graphite shafts in Stiff flex, length options available!  Plus I think there is a $50 off first purchase code floating around too!

Screenshot_20240702_152405_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240702_152412_Chrome.jpg

Too bad they are not offering this on steel shafts 😞   I was telling someone about this and went in to show them and realized it's only graphite shafts.  And I swear I saw another deal on STIX on Facebook this morning, something like half price on a full set.  But for the life of me I can't find it.

Live Life...oh and golf a lot!

In the Bag:

Driver & 3 Wood: Titleist TSi3                Hybrids: Callaway Paradym and Ping

Irons: Mizuno 225 Pro  (5-PW)               Wedges: Taylormade MG4 50*, Taylormade Hi-Toe 56*, Ping Glide 4.0 60* (Vokeys are resting downstairs right now 😁

Putter: Alternate between Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 and Scotty Cameron Phantom 12.5

5 hours ago, climberboy2000 said:

Too bad they are not offering this on steel shafts 😞   I was telling someone about this and went in to show them and realized it's only graphite shafts.  And I swear I saw another deal on STIX on Facebook this morning, something like half price on a full set.  But for the life of me I can't find it.

Look in the clearance/outlet section!

On 5/7/2024 at 3:13 PM, Rob Person said:

TL/WR, just scroll to the bottom.

Before we get into about me, allow me to start with just some of how I feel about being selected for this amazing testing opportunity presented by Stix and MyGolfSpy. 

Simply put, this describes ALL of my emotions. 

Screenshot_20240507_194148_Chrome.jpg.c306f8e227733b7c33f0b52d9eecdee5.jpg

Stix offers a basic online fitting process on the website. Want to try it? You can CLICK HERE.

It was a few simple questions that nearly anyone looking to buy clubs should be able to answer, regardless of your abilities. 

I was fit into the Perform series, graphite shafts, cut .5" shorter.

stix-golf-co-clubs-perform-series-iron-set-5-pw-30846595366978_2000x2000_crop_center.progressive.jpg.a441bff07d28df39edc02f683879e64d.jpg

*ALSO OF NOTE* This is not the first time MGS has been involved with Stix clubs.

Screenshot_20240425_041213_Chrome.jpg.72dada9b9a1c71911a5462ea461fb5c6.jpg

<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

For those new to the site, welcome to MyGolfSpy forums! It's more than just a website full of random numbers and data. For me it is an amazing community full of wonderful and knowledgeable people. It is truly one of those places that you can get so much more than you hoped for, if you so desire.

ABOUT ME:

My name is Rob (in case my screen name didn't make it obvious) I am only a few days from turning 51, and this is kind of the coolest NOT a birthday present, present!!!

I started off as a golf hack a merely 2 years ago, and today I am still a hack 😆 🤣 😂  but with a better understanding of my abilities.

image-asset.png.46dee0892252fdebe0b87ef3e47fc170.png

CLICK RIGHT HERE!

Part of my goals for 2024 is to be more consistent, break 90, and become a better golfer overall. Ive accomplished just 1 so far,  and that was breaking 90 only a short time ago this year.

My clubs are branded Foremost 551. They are over 25 years old, and still sturdy as ever! They are HEAVY though. I struggle the most with my irons. I can't say for sure if it's them or me that is the real reason I can't play the 4-8i well at all. And this is where the true testing will be paramount in discovering that out!

A few leading goals/questions I have asked myself has been:

Will graphite shafts be better or worse for me?     Will new irons afford me more consistent strikes and distance control vs. my over the hill irons?    Can an "entry level" set of Stix perform to today's standards as well as they claim?   And finally , can they endure the punishment I am about to unleash on them?

20240507_193351.jpg.8a212c4c02a5a5ad7c18a521c5faacd4.jpg

20240507_193251.jpg.aa9d3974d3fba93a985122ac7f64f1a7.jpg

I am fortunate enough to work at a Golf course part time, just so I can support my golf habit without bending the wallet too much, which is probably the only reason why the lady boss tolerates what she calls a silly addiction. It truly is a top notch course, with grass range and practice areas, and pristine putting greens!

20240328_080818.jpg.f6f47889b87f3498cea8833af1f14557.jpg

20240424_061702.jpg.dea3d474512342382ac63250fb5c262d.jpg

This is where most of the action will happen!

I was extremely blessed and fortunate to be a part of a big putter test last year, The Odyssey AI-ONE putters test (click to read if interested)  This was my first real testing opportunity,  and I learned so much from the experience. Ive also tested out some secret titleist balls, the Bridgestone sample test (going on now), and written a few personal reviews on items I've owned for golf.

20240419_071021.jpg.6b681fa242d7b987834a46e1eef15b4a.jpg

I truly hope to provide for you, the MGS family, a quality and informed review of these irons! I will make it as fun as possible for everyone to enjoy too!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>

TL/DR : I am Rob, working towards becoming a mid-handicapper, testing the Stix Perform series irons, 90% on course and practice areas, hoping to prove that these clubs are suitable for almost anyone!

So buckle up ladies and gents, because....

20240507_094346.png.b6109dbf9ab102c13a26e14b64aa099a.png

May 11, 2024

This test is officially underway!!!

As I mentioned on a later post, I was extremely surprised when I got a notification that a package arrived! I was not at home and kind of bummed that I missed the opportunity to record the clubs being delivered! Oh well, it still made my day!!!

I've created a Playlist on YouTube where I will be uploading videos as this test progresses forward.  I have become fond of this method, as I am more of a visual interaction type of person, and feel it's the best way to help others be involved as well. So hop on board and I hope you enjoy the ride!

I will be posting pics, answering questions,  and providing thoughts and feedback as well, and as much hard data as I am able to obtain along the way!

Here is a helpful tip for watching...

Screenshot_20240511_204116_Chrome.jpg.34a1c7f33e407434a705a740eb90e434.jpg

=========================

Stix Perform series clubs- Final Review, June 27th, 2024

As usual, I am the last one to complete my review, however I do hope that throughout this test,  that I have shared enough information, answered all questions, and provided everyone with just a little bit of video entertainment! One of the most challenging things about giving a total  summation,  is always wondering if you've left anything out. So without further adieu, I present my final review!

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

SInce I did this in a video format last month, here is a brief recap. THE STIX PERFORM CLUBS LOOKED GREAT OUT OF THE BOX AND IN ITS OWN BAG!  All the clubs compliment each other well.

The following were some questions I proposed in the beginning:

Will graphite shafts be better or worse for me?     Will new irons afford me more consistent strikes and distance control vs. my over the hill irons?    Can an "entry level" set of Stix perform to today's standards as well as they claim?   And finally , can they endure the punishment I am about to unleash on them?

Aesthetics: 17/20

The black pvd finish on the irons has actually grown on me. I like looking at them in the bag! Despite having a hard time seeing the irons identification stamp, I was concerned that the finish would not last and that you would be left with a set of clubs that looked aged and worn out. And in the short time of use,  I was not wrong. 

20240626_174519.jpg.900ec589c77d7b64ae461eebd2db837b.jpg

These look like I've been playing them for years! But don't let this deter you from playing them! Upside down in the bag, you don't notice the paint wear.

20240626_175325.jpg.d237acd1f13e586fe88b203da64a7fcf.jpg

I deducted 2 points for the finish wearing, and of the 1 point for having to color fill the stamps to see them.

20240626_174532.jpg.a721dc5a0ffd35b95d610bb2cec6a074.jpg20240626_175312.jpg.26e9d54a6805ec73408a06e4c7b05e1d.jpg

The Numbers: 20/20

I paid for a sim session at Dicks sporting goods a few weeks ago, knowing they wouldn't be able to give me any digital or printed data. Unfortunately my recording of the session numbers had an issue and I was not able to recover any of it but 3 minutes of the 60⁰. What I do know is that whether or not it's a different loft, lie, or the from the lighter graphite shaft, I am averaging 10-15 yards more across the board with the Stix Perform irons. With my steel shafted older irons, my 7i, if I hit it good, was about 135-140. The Stix 7i I am consistently getting 145-155 yards.  And across all irons, I am seeing the same trending results. 

These truly Perform for me!

On the Course: 20/20

If you have been following along, you have seen the results already. But here is a recap for those who have not.

20240623_162854.jpg.13ff31cf3ca653383e829e12ec9ea223.jpg

I'm impressed.  I had no expectations about the Stix going in. I only read what was on the website, did their intro fitting,  and wanted to rely on real-world results. Amd boy did I get that from these! I only recently broke 90 a few months back, and have been hovering in the upper 80s since then.

With the longer distance of the irons, the reliability and consistency of the 4 hybrid as my fairway club, and even the well balanced putter, I have dropped another 4 strokes off my handicap. To say these have made an impression is an understatement!

20240626_181710.jpg.3bcae91814a2b292f67b7534bdc608f3.jpg

The driver has taken me a bit to get acquainted with, but found a better groove with it the last few rounds, and recorded some drives, that for me, were very good. I found myself using the Perform 3 wood at the tee box more often though, as it was reliable with a 200 yard distance, and always in the fairway. Neither the driver or the 3 wood are fixed shafts, and lack the ability to be adjusted.

The GOOD,  the BAD, and the IN BETWEEN :  19/20

The good- Having never been formally fitted, and knowing these were a DTC brand, I would urge everyone to not look past these sets!

I have Gamed every single club in this bag,  and there has not been one instance where I said "these clubs suck!" After a few range sessions, and a few rounds, I was able to settle into the clubs distances, and focus on the course playing. The driver, 3w, and 4hy have been very durable throughout the hell I have put them through. The faces barely show any signs of wear, and the mishits, while not totally forgiving, are not atrocious either.  The 4hy is something I would have never used before this test. Now, I look for an excuse to hit it every chance I get !

20240626_180804.jpg.181c0f88effff9bdad11c7cf08f7d2c9.jpg

The Bad- the finish on the irons is wearing off quickly. While not a deal breaker, just be mindful if you choose a color coated set of clubs. This also applies to the stamping in this category. Definitely room for improvement on something so simple as a color full.

The IN Between-

The putter cover- I GUESS I could have put this in the bad, but covers are a dime a dozen these days, and very affordable to replace.  The cover, after only 6 weeks, has started to shred on the inside. Specifically around the closure flap. The hard plastic inside the liner has protruded out, and in doing so, has marked up the putters front edge. 

20240626_181101.jpg.03069d0425822a4a065ddaff9bb3dfd6.jpg20240626_181034.jpg.215398549278d3e93c8abe51f2b73f4b.jpg20240626_180937.jpg.967e701a9c841ef59d5c27e67b2a48f0.jpg

The bag- This is my first stand/carry bag. While it holds the clubs, it does not hold them in place. Constantly chattering and banging into each other. I remedied this by picking up some club shaft holders that clip onto the dividers. This eliminates 90% of the inappropriate touching 😆 

If it had full length liners between the 5 dividers, perhaps it would reduce the amount of grip grab.

The pockets are sufficient,  and there is enough storage to facilitate an average amount of course necessities.  I did not try utilizing any of the side pockets for additional storage items, as I wanted to keep the bag light as possible. No spot for an umbrella either.

I've had to re-arrange the clubs as well, depending on if I want to ride a cart, or use a push cart/carry. The double carry strap is a bonus!

It does have a velcro tab to hang a glove, and 2 loops to clip accessories to as well. 

20240626_180512.jpg.28b4da998310b134d4615e898fbf895d.jpg

PLAY IT OR TRADE IT!- 20/20

I am definitely playing most of the Perform clubs. I've increased my swing speed by 3-5mph due to the stiff, lightweight, graphite shafts, have had amazing consistency both on the fairways and on the greens!

What's IN- the 4hy-60⁰ are going in my bag! Each club has earned its spot independently. 

What's OUT- the driver and 3w. I have a driver and 3w that I enjoy using, and recently acquired the matching hybrids just prior to this test. All are adjustable,  and have the shafts to match my needs.

It's not to say I won't use them occasionally,  or goodness forbid I need them to replace mine. I wouldn't hesitate to use these 2 clubs at all!

The Maybe- the Stix stand bag. I'm on the fence on whether I will use it full time. It has alot of advantages over my ancient and massive riding cart bag. But its also lacking some features I've grown accustomed to. i will pull it out occasionally I believe though, perhaps when I start vart walking in the cooler months?

Conclusion- 96/100

In recent years DTC brands have really stepped up! Like many, I lumped these in with the same entry level, off the rack, big box store sets. This is not the case with these Perform clubs. Are they as affordable as those sets? Absolutely.  With Stix you are getting more! They price between $600-899, depending on which series clubs you choose.  You can save some money by choosing the No Bag option, as well as look at their clearance/used offerings on the website. With the recently released (and MGS forum tested) Compete driver,  i suspect Stix will be moving onto making other woods and hybrids adjustable too! They offer the Perform clubs in steel or graphite shafts, and you can get the heads in black coated or stainless as well.

Thank you goes to Stix for providing all of us these sets to test out!  Thank you to MGS for selecting me for this review opportunity! And THANK YOU Spies for following along!

20240626_174457.jpg

20240626_180914.jpg

Great review mate super informative, covered every aspect of what I'd be looking for in a set myself in particular the wear on the black finish and other components of the set 

It's sure to be a hilarious journey filled with with lost balls and shanked Drives

Ended the work day a bit early and got to the course.
Stix Compete Driver is inching my on course drive average up.
The more I use it, the happier I am with my shots

StixDriver20240703.png.0de34d8c21fac97df0afb6643583a09f.png

Edited by ZJeb67
typo

Driver - Stix Compete
56 - Kirkland Signature 

5 minutes ago, ZJeb67 said:

Ended the work day a bit early and got to the course.
Stix Compete Driver is inching my on course drive average up.
The more I use it, the happier I am with my shots

StixDriver20240703.png.0de34d8c21fac97df0afb6643583a09f.png

Glad it's working for you! Are you doing anything different with your swing mechanics compared to your other driver?

I wonder how this would compare to my 10+ year old titleist 910?

1 hour ago, Hindsy1987 said:

Great review mate super informative, covered every aspect of what I'd be looking for in a set myself in particular the wear on the black finish and other components of the set 

Thank you!

Here is my repair on a Stix 5 iron, don't know how they broke it but I ended up having to drill out the remain graphite shaft in the hosel. 

They wanted to keep it as close to the original cosmetic looks as the original. This is what materials I used from Golfworks.

https://www.golfworks.com/aldila-nv-graphite-iron-shafts/p/al0084/    

https://www.golfworks.com/golf-pride-tour-velvet-golf-grips/p/vt/

I had the Ferrule in my supplies.  BTW- I loved all the reviews, great honest opinions!

@Rob Person Thanks for getting the information from STIX about the shafts.

Here's a short video of the finished head install-

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

11 hours ago, buckpillar said:

Here is my repair on a Stix 5 iron, don't know how they broke it but I ended up having to drill out the remain graphite shaft in the hosel. 

They wanted to keep it as close to the original cosmetic looks as the original. This is what materials I used from Golfworks.

https://www.golfworks.com/aldila-nv-graphite-iron-shafts/p/al0084/    

https://www.golfworks.com/golf-pride-tour-velvet-golf-grips/p/vt/

I had the Ferrule in my supplies.  BTW- I loved all the reviews, great honest opinions!

@Rob Person Thanks for getting the information from STIX about the shafts.

Here's a short video of the finished head install-

That's awesome!  Hopefully I never have to find out!  Did you have to cut the shaft down?  How's it feel swing wise compared to the 6i?

6 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

That's awesome!  Hopefully I never have to find out!  Did you have to cut the shaft down?  How's it feel swing wise compared to the 6i?

I butt trimmed the shaft, put 1 extra wrap of tape under the grip where the right hand will be placed overall length is 38.50" since it is graphite. I swung it, felt balanced to me even though I didnt hit any balls. He only bought the 5-7-9-pw and think sw

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com