Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

New Clubs or New Shafts

Chippy211

Hi all,

This is more for information rather than anything else. 
I have a trackman driving range near me that I use quite regularly, to work on swing changes etc. but I noticed I didn’t get much height or stopping power with my irons. I usually got 20+ yards of runout with my 7 iron. 
I contacted a local club fitter that has been used by people I watch on YouTube and went for a fitting. 
After trying many different shafts, including graphite and steel I ended up going from 120g regular flex shafts to 70g stiff flex shafts and a loft adjustment of 1.5 degrees. I lost just 2 yards of carry distance but now my 7 iron stops within 7 yards. 

The cost of new clubs would have been a minimum of £800 and then an upgraded shaft for optimum launch etc. instead, new shafts plus loft adjustments cost £500. 

Just thought people might like to know about this. 

If the club and faces are in good shape, this is an excellent option. I have considered it with my Srixons. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

I suppose depending on the the club head weight of older clubs, shafts are a very viable and affordable option.   Newer clubs will be easier I think to match up to current shaft options too.

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.