Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
1,342 signups
Equipment Type: Grips
Vendor: Lamkin

Lamkin Sonar+ Black & UTX Blue/Green Grips

image.png

Lamkin has been making high quality golf grips since 1925 and continues to develop key innovations that result in more power, consistency, and accuracy for all golfers.  We are looking for eight golfers to test Lamkin's newest grips for 2023 in the SONAR+ BLACK and UTX BLUE/GREEN grips.  

image.png image.png

SONAR+ BLACK

COMFORT. CONNECTION. POWER.

This beautiful grip, with a deceptively minimalist appearance, is constructed from our incredibly comfortable and durable Genesis Material. Combined with the refined texture and unforgettable touch of our Fingerprint Technology, the result is a remarkably long-lasting grip with an enhanced feel and strong connection that truly feels like no other.

image.png 

image.png

UTX BLUE & UTX GREEN

THE INDUSTRY’S FIRST AND ONLY CORDED GRIP WITH A TACK FEEL

UTX is our fastest-growing grip on tour, with multiple wins across the major tours. Positioned as our “tack-cord,” this industry-first, tour-validated grip will serve golfers looking to gain confidence by securing connection to the club with its unique Tri-Layer material technology and ‘X’ pattern cord texture. The result is the same traction, moisture control, and enhanced feel trusted by tour pros around the world.

image.png

image.png

For this test we are looking for 8 MGS Forum Members to test these new Lamkin Grips.

4 Testers - Lamkin Sonar+ Black (Standard, Midsize, or Oversize)

4 Testers - Lamkin UTX Blue or Green (Standard or Midsize)

This Test is open to all US Forum Members!  Testers will be expected to have their clubs regripped at their own expense.

New to the Forum? Interested in how we select our testers and want to increase your opportunity at being selected in this or future tests? READ MORE HERE!

108 Comments

Big thanks to Lamkin for this test!  I've been a Lamkin user going back 7-8 years now since I was first real iron fitting.  I started with the Crossline grips thinking they were just a cheap and easy option and I fell in love with the feel they provided.  Used them through 2-3 grip changes and had an opportunity to try the OG SONAR+ and SONAR+ Wrap curing the Cobra Connect Challenge.  I've been a SONAR+ user since then and will likely make a swap over on the Edel Irons soon! 

I am intrigued by this latest UTX Blue and Green model too, so I might have to go out and get a grip or two to try them.  But the SONAR+ Black looks like it will be an absolute hit for those that didn't care for the blue on the OG model because it is a fantastic grip.  

So who wants to get some fresh grips for the rest of the year?  Come on now... we all know you're overdue to change them, might as well see if these Lamkin's work as well for you as they have for me!

Played the UTX in the past on my older clubs, and will attest that they truly are a great grip option.

Best of luck to all those who apply.

I have been a golf pride guy for many years and I would bvery much appreciate trying something new to see the difference if any . I play 5-6 times a week, 74 years old and once upon a time PGA member. JJ

I am a huge Lamkin fan and currently use the Sonar Tour.  I would love to try the new Sonar + Black.

I love lamkin grips. I’ve been thinking of moving on from my old fav, the cross line, which ive used for 20 yrs. Hands aren’t getting younger. Please sign me up as a tester

Just learned how to replace grips properly a few weeks ago with my Uncle and his clubs, maybe I'll be able to do it on my own clubs now. 

Would love to test the oversize black and blue sonar grips. I am having problems finding  grips that will work due to me losing the tips of my fingers on left hand. Really need to get some very soon.  Hope I can get this chance.  

Switched to Lamkin last year and I love the Cross line 360. Would love to try out some of there other grips. 

Been playing the UTX blues on all of my wedges for the last two years. Love them, love the feel, and are still going strong! 

16880425338923823341308731012983.jpg

Just now, Navart said:

Been playing the UTX blues on all of my wedges for the last two years. Love them, love the feel, and are still going strong! 

16880425338923823341308731012983.jpg

Highly recommend people sign up that haven't tried them out or need clubs regripped already

I've always used Golf Pride's, but those Sonar's look pretty nice. I would love a chance to test them out.

I took a lesson at the Leadbetter Academy back in 1995-ish, and was told by Lead's club-fitter that my grips didn't fit my hands properly.  I have always worn a Men's ML Cadet glove - wide palms, shorter fingers.

The fitter took my #7 iron and re-gripped it with a .600 round grip and staggered 5 extra layers under the right hand part of the grip only.  It felt great.  

For the past 28 years, I've been using a variation of the extra right hand build up on my grips.  Lately, I have been using Lamkin "+" grips and enjoy their "less-taper" style very much.

I hope someone has studied the evolution of the grip since the old Scottish days to see why taper was always used.  I think tapered grips caused millions of golfers to learn a bad grip and suffer from slicing.

Anyway, thanks to Lamkin for providing a less-tapered grip!

This is a great testing opportunity and best of luck to all who apply! I will be passing on this one, as I just re-gripped the entire bag sans putter last week and I am finally satisfied with my selections. However, next season when I am ready to blow it all up and start over, I will definitely give the UTX green a try, as they look stunning!

This Test is now closed to further comments.