Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Fitting suggestions

mnfats95

Everyone on here that has known me throughout the years on here knows I am old school as heck and set in my ways. Recently my friend who is one of the top clubfitters and instructors on the beach has changed my ways. It started last year when we were hitting balls in his instructing area between customers lesson times. He put this driver in my hand and said hit it. I looked at the shaft and said no way I cant hit this. He said If I did not think you can hit it I would not have put it in your hands so shut up and hit it. I did and I could hit it. He told me put it in the bag. He told me later he had built it for me fooling around. About 2 months ago he did the same thing with an iron. It hit good. He then proceeded to let me hit 3 or 4 different demos. He told me don't worry about loft and lie specs that they were set for me. All the demo irons had different shafts but were unmarked. We figured which one worked for me. I was surprised it was the FST 90 of all things. He has played enough golf with me over the years that he knows my swing and what I like. He told me that he had them unmarked for a reason that if I knew what was in the club that I would have been hardheaded and would not have accepted it. He was right on point because I thought for years that the only steel shafts made was TT S300s. Thanks to him I have one of the best set ups I have ever played period. Yep I have jumped over to the bandwagon of custom fitting works. And I have not checked or adjusted any of the clubs he built for me period and no lead tape

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I've just had a similar experience tonight Stu, went through my iron specs with my teaching pro and have landed on a project x 6.0 shaft for my new set. Would have never even thought about trying anything other than the S300's but these really help me feel the head through the swing. Looking forward to having a bash with a bucket load of irons to see what I like best, but I have a funny feeling I will be going back to a set of 714 CB's or MB's

Driver: Titleist 907 D2 7.5* Aldila VS Proto Shaft 65 X

Fairway Woods: Titleist 980F 19* Pro Trajectory stock Titleist 4375 R shaft (desperately need to replace)

Irons: Taylormade LT2's 3-PW S300 dynamic golds

Sand Wedge: Vokey 56* 256 10 Oil can 8620 finish True temper shaft

Lob Wedge: Shark 64* wedge True temper shaft

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 blade, 303 GSS Insert, 35'' 330g 4*L 71*L

Ball: Pro VI

Archived